Ben Carson.....in charge of education

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 10:57 PM by dancefortwo.)
Ben Carson.....in charge of education
Ben Carson......thinks the pyramids were built by Joseph to store grain. He's earmarked to be the head of Education.

His take on evolution:“no one has ever demonstrated one species changing to another species.”

He's also stated that he thinks evolution was created by Satan.

This is the future head of the Department of Education.

Discuss.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Ben Carson.....in charge of education
WTF! This plan began around 1967 if I recall properly. The right wing xians set about theocritising the US. Seems to be coming to a conclusion. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-11-2016, 11:57 PM
(10-11-2016 11:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  WTF! This plan began around 1967 if I recall properly. The right wing xians set about theocritising the US. Seems to be coming to a conclusion. Sad

I kid you not, Banjo. There's more.

He calls the Big Bang a "fairy tale" and has said this about people who support the Big Bang.... “Here’s the key, I then say to them look, ‘I’m not gonna criticize you, you have a lot more faith then I have.’ I couldn’t, I don’t have enough faith to believe that.”

He is a creationist. He thinks the earth is 10,000 years old. Yup, the future head of the Department of Education of the United States of America thinks the earth is 10,000 years old.

His background? He is a neurosurgeon who made a big splash with the separation of conjoined twins back in the 1990's... (it might be the late 1980's...I can't remember) and then wrote a book about how wonderful and peachy keen it all went.

But not so fast......Here's an article from the Washington Post about the real outcome for the conjoined twins and some of his other operations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle...story.html

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
11-11-2016, 12:07 AM
One other thing. Here's a BuzzFeed article with video of Ben Carson debating Richard Dawkins. I haven't watched the videos because I'm too damned mad at the thought of this imbecile becoming the head of Education. I'm just livid.

Scroll down about half way.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski....aaaAzYpaW

11-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Being a good neurosurgeon does not mean that you aren't a credulous half-wit. After being given the two clues that he clearly didn't have he was still too moronic to rub them together.

After claiming that the pyramids were Daniel's grain silos and subsequently being told that they lacked any storage capacity on account of being rock from peak to base he remained unconvinced. Anybody so thick that even solid rock can't persuade them is beyond help.

This bodes poorly for the ongoing trainwreck that is Election 2016.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
11-11-2016, 12:36 AM
I just saw him on Hannity and he kind of hinted at Surgeon General.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
11-11-2016, 12:51 AM
(11-11-2016 12:36 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I just saw him on Hannity and he kind of hinted at Surgeon General.

It might be Surgeon General, sorry. He shouldn't be consider for that post either. He's a moron.

Edit: A couple sources are still saying Dept of Education

11-11-2016, 09:28 AM
(11-11-2016 12:22 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Being a good neurosurgeon does not mean that you aren't a credulous half-wit. After being given the two clues that he clearly didn't have he was still too moronic to rub them together.

After claiming that the pyramids were Daniel's grain silos and subsequently being told that they lacked any storage capacity on account of being rock from peak to base he remained unconvinced. Anybody so thick that even solid rock can't persuade them is beyond help.

He is at least smart enough to literally admit it isn't his intelligence that made him a neurosurgeon. When he was still in the running for Pres and was asked what his biggest asset or factor to him being good and able to do that was, by his admission, his steady hands. It is really an important element of surgery and clearly it means a lot more to him than understanding the biology of a human or humans developmental history.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-11-2016, 09:38 AM
(11-11-2016 09:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:22 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Being a good neurosurgeon does not mean that you aren't a credulous half-wit. After being given the two clues that he clearly didn't have he was still too moronic to rub them together.

He is at least smart enough to literally admit it isn't his intelligence that made him a neurosurgeon. When he was still in the running for Pres and was asked what his biggest asset or factor to him being good and able to do that was, by his admission, his steady hands. It is really an important element of surgery and clearly it means a lot more to him than understanding the biology of a human or humans developmental history.

Steady hands? They use robots to operate on the brain now which is much steadier than any human. I think a robot would make a better Surgeon General.

11-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Ben Carson is an interesting guy.

Of course I disagree with a fair bit of what he believes -- probably most of it.

But, I've met people like him before -- and even have friends that are a bit like Carson ---- smart, well educated -- and believe some of the most fundamentally asinine drivel that religion has ever came up with.........

Go figure...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.