Ben Carson named Sec of HUD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Ben Carson named Sec of HUD
(05-12-2016 12:03 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 11:49 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Hopefully he'll make more stringent requirements to qualify for section 8 vouchers. I'd prefer if only elderly and disabled persons qualified for section 8.

From what their wikipedia article mention, it's a voucher for low rent appartment. Why wouldn't poor people , chronically unemployed, students without parental support, ex-convict or recent immigrants have access to them. Considering section 8 covers for almost 5 million people (with hundred of thousand waiting to receive some help) it sort of make sense. There is a huge class disparity in America. It should not come as a surprise that the bottom 5% to 10% of the American society struggle to maintain themselves afloat.

All this is WAY too complicated and honest for black and white simplistic thinking.
Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-12-2016, 02:18 PM
(05-12-2016 01:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'd never heard of the bencarsonwikipedia thing so when I first started reading your post I thought this was stuff Ben Carson actually said. Laugh out load I mean, wow, after the pyramid grain comment, the kangaroo pouch wouldn't be that far fetched for someone like Ben Carson who believes in a world flood and not in evolution.

Ah, that was glorious, had totally forgotten it and just had a good laugh about it again…

[Image: carsontreadmill.jpg]
[Image: CTFQ6jRWoAA5oyF.png]
[Image: XjwxN29.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1pF51_WmXpaFWCdd44BF...6daY4GqNTQ]

[Image: carsonjoe.jpg]
[Image: John%2Bthe%2BBaptist.jpg]
[Image: Carsonandhisgrainpng-3718887_p9.jpg]

…and am now suffering from an acute episode of vicarious embarrassment. Undecided You gotta feel sorry for the guy… that is, before you realize these are apparently real quotes… No

[Image: 1f401fd651eb2d0004ab64d9c342b1a2.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Vera's post
05-12-2016, 02:40 PM
This is a piece of artwork (?) hanging in Ben Carson's home.

Rainbow Vomit

[Image: ben-carson-800.jpg?w=800&h=600]

And he's so modest and unassuming that he had this large painting/photo? of him done and it hangs between his two big arched windows in his house.

[Image: ben-carson-e-800.jpg?w=800&h=600]

Such a humble guy. Rolleyes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-12-2016, 02:57 PM
How can someone so 'smart' be SO stupid???

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
05-12-2016, 03:02 PM
(05-12-2016 02:57 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  How can someone so 'smart' be SO stupid???

Someone explained it as the opposite of Good Will Hunting.....a brilliant brain surgeon by day but a complete moron at night.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-12-2016, 03:06 PM
(05-12-2016 11:49 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Hopefully he'll make more stringent requirements to qualify for section 8 vouchers. I'd prefer if only elderly and disabled persons qualified for section 8.

Well duh. That's cause you're an asshole. This is not news to anyone here.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-12-2016, 03:29 PM
(05-12-2016 10:07 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I can't imagine what a meeting with him would be like. Hell, by the time he finishes a sentence everyone will be asleep or dead.

Whatever he says you know it will be in a soft soothing voice. That's something at least. I know that when I'm being fucked in the ass we might as well be pleasant about it.

Actually I'm not sure this is a bad pick. He does have personal experience and likely has some interesting ideas about that experience. And he is a good Christian (appreciates that he is in fact Jesus). He has the opportunity to be the Jimmy Carter of inner cities.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
05-12-2016, 04:31 PM
You guys need to lay off poor Ben and stop misquoting him. What he actually said was "The pyramids were brain silos".

In other news, Ben Carson has announced that he will solve America's housing shortage by pioneering a technique to separate duplexes joined at the electrical panel.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 7 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-12-2016, 06:01 PM
(05-12-2016 04:31 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  You guys need to lay off poor Ben and stop misquoting him. What he actually said was "The pyramids were brain silos".

In other news, Ben Carson has announced that he will solve America's housing shortage by pioneering a technique to separate duplexes joined at the electrical panel.

Wait, Fred! There's 10,000 Volts in that thing! Start about 3:45.