Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids
(05-11-2015 08:24 AM)mediocrates Wrote:  It's crazy to me that someone can be scientifically educated and highly successful in one specific field and then be completely scientifically ignorant in all others! It's like all his critical thinking skills were all used up on neuroscience!

It just shows that success in a science related field is no indication that a person will think about any other subjects with the same desire to weed out the lies, pseudoscience, and superstition from the real prize... the truth. Unfortunate No

I'm always amazed at how people are confident to stand up and say stuff like this in church. It's bizarre. He even explicitly claims that archaeologists must be wrong about the function of the pyramids, even though he doesn't claim expertise in the field himself.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-11-2015, 08:45 AM
hmmm...
Dawkins on Carson:
Quote:You just told me all the Republican candidates except one don’t believe in evolution, [...] I mean, that’s a disgrace. But for a very senior eminent distinguished doctor as he is to say that is even worse. Because of course, evolution is the bedrock of biology and biology is the bedrock of medicine.

He clearly doesn’t understand the fundamental theorem of his own subject, [...] That is a terrible indictment.
From here: http://www.alternet.org/belief/richard-d...reationism
05-11-2015, 08:52 AM
So, he believes:
  • They weren't built by aliens (good)
  • They weren't build by Israeli slaves under Egyptian rule (good)
  • They were built by Egyptians under Israeli rule (wtf?)
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-11-2015, 09:18 AM
You have to remember, everything this man believes flows out from his biblical worldview. It's neither far fetched nor irrational for him to conjure up such information!

Frankly, I like the aliens idea...Evil_monster Do I believe that they built the pyramids? No...or have even been here? No. Drinking Beverage But astronomers claim that there are around 100 billion habitable, earth-like planets in the Milky Way. There are roughly 500 billion galaxies in the universe, meaning there is somewhere in the region of 50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (5×10.22) habitable planets. I’ll leave you to do the math on whether one of those 50 sextillion planets has the right conditions for nurturing alien life or not. We hit the lottery. I would be utterly shocked if our universe hasn't had a double winner (or more).

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
05-11-2015, 09:49 AM
Yea, this guy says a lot of delusional nothing. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-11-2015, 04:18 PM
He doesn't claim that his theory is 100% true.
I don't care he has theories.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
05-11-2015, 04:24 PM
(05-11-2015 04:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  He doesn't claim that his theory is 100% true.

It's not a theory. It's just stupid.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 7 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
05-11-2015, 04:25 PM
(05-11-2015 04:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  He doesn't claim that his theory is 100% true.

You should care about a person's theories and what the manner is that they arrive to conclusions of certain beliefs/opinions/ideas IF you want to support them to have decision making power.

I don't care what various opinions of a neurosurgeon are anywhere close to as much as I care about what a politician's opinions are. Though I guess that would even change if I was receiving surgery from the person.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-11-2015, 05:48 PM
(05-11-2015 04:24 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

It's not a theory. It's just stupid.
Yes, yes. I know it is not a theory. It is just his ideas. But the topic says: BC unusual theory.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
05-11-2015, 05:51 PM
(05-11-2015 04:25 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You should care about a person's theories and what the manner is that they arrive to conclusions of certain beliefs/opinions/ideas IF you want to support them to have decision making power.
I agree with you if the theory can effect somebody's life in destructive, negative way.
BC's ideas about pyramids will never effect anybody in this kind of way.
So, I don't care about this kind of theories.

P.S. I believe that BC can be as good president as he is good doctor. Thumbsup