Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids
(05-11-2015 05:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 04:25 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You should care about a person's theories and what the manner is that they arrive to conclusions of certain beliefs/opinions/ideas IF you want to support them to have decision making power.
I agree with you if the theory can effect somebody's life in destructive, negative way.
BC's ideas about pyramids will never effect anybody in this kind of way.
So, I don't care about this kind of theories.

P.S. I believe that BC can be as good president as he is good doctor. Thumbsup

His theory demonstrates his ability to evaluate information outside of his field, which he would be required to do as president. Therefore, it is appropriate to be worried.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like julep's post
05-11-2015, 06:19 PM
(05-11-2015 06:00 PM)julep Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 05:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree with you if the theory can effect somebody's life in destructive, negative way.
BC's ideas about pyramids will never effect anybody in this kind of way.
So, I don't care about this kind of theories.

P.S. I believe that BC can be as good president as he is good doctor. Thumbsup

His theory demonstrates his ability to evaluate information outside of his field, which he would be required to do as president. Therefore, it is appropriate to be worried.
Give me names of presidents who always correctly evaluated information outside of their filed? never made mistakes? There is no such thing as perfect man/woman.
I repeat his evaluation of pyramids will never effect your life.
I am sure that BC made lots of correct and important decisions in his life and they were outside of his field.
I hope you are not going to tell me that in the field of medicine he made right decisions but in all other fields he was complete failure.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
05-11-2015, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 06:42 PM by ClydeLee.)
(05-11-2015 06:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:00 PM)julep Wrote:  His theory demonstrates his ability to evaluate information outside of his field, which he would be required to do as president. Therefore, it is appropriate to be worried.
Give me names of presidents who always correctly evaluated information outside of their filed? never made mistakes? There is no such thing as perfect man/woman.
I am sure that BC made lots of correct and important decisions in his life and they were outside of his field.
I hope you are not going to tell me that in the field of medicine he made right decisions but in all other fields he was complete failure.

Do you at any point know how to not be irrational in your judgement of things?
Being a doctor and being a politician are not certainly directly correlating skills at all. Especially his type of specialty which is about having excellent hand eye coordination and knowledge of the specifics of brain matter. It doesn't equate to being a great communicator, negotiator, commander, leader, policy maker, etc. A person from the buisnesses world being a President at least demonstrates direct experience with the exact same situations a President will be in. A surgeon isn't that.

Sure, go ahead and leap to excessive extreme not at all mentioned examples of things.

Here's a great example though even for that. Jimmy Carter, while indisputably known as a devout Baptist. He stated how he put effort into making sure his judgement as a politician and president of the United States would be based on as objective and sound view not influenced by his religious belief as much as possible. He is aware the intended creation of the US political system was for it to be secular.

This is contrasting to those who, like some current running politicians or George W. Bush, who announce their religious expressions as apart of their political lives and motivations, like some even feeling god is telling them to run.

Its not a matter of "what" he believes, it's how he concludes things he believes that is the issue. And how to decide to stick to believing certain things over other things and what is the motivator. Some people can separate these ways of taking in belief in different manners while others seemingly can't or don't want to.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
05-11-2015, 06:39 PM
(05-11-2015 06:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  I am sure that BC made lots of correct and important decisions in his life and they were outside of his field.

Well his decision to support and endorse Mannatech's bullshit glyconutrients can cure EVERYTHING! doesn't exactly make me confident in his decision-making skills.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-11-2015, 06:48 PM
(05-11-2015 06:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well his decision to support and endorse Mannatech's bullshit glyconutrients can cure EVERYTHING! doesn't exactly make me confident in his decision-making skills.
All people make mistakes (even the greatest president Obama!)
I do not expect president to make only correct decisions.
BC made lots of correct decisions outside of his field. I am sure of that.
In his field he saved many lives. It means he is good doctor who made right descisions.
P.S. do you have a quote in which he said that glyconutrients can cure everything?

05-11-2015, 06:55 PM
(05-11-2015 05:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  P.S. I believe that BC can be as good president as he is good doctor.

Unlike medicine where you learn on the job through a grueling 3+ year medical internship, POTUS is not an internship to learn on the job how to be POTUS. Carson is the least qualified to be POTUS of all the Republican candidates. Trump at least knows something about managing finances and utilizing every tool at his disposal including bankruptcy but his bombast will not work in international negotiations like it does when he's negotiating an international private contract. And Rubio and Fiorina at least know something about mismanaging finances. Carson knows how to separate conjoined twins at the skull, but he don't know dick about anything that POTUS needs to consider. Like nothing.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-11-2015, 06:59 PM
(05-11-2015 06:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Carson knows how to separate conjoined twins at the skull, but he don't know dick about anything that POTUS needs to consider. Like nothing.
what is the evidence of this?

05-11-2015, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 07:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-11-2015 06:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Carson knows how to separate conjoined twins at the skull, but he don't know dick about anything that POTUS needs to consider. Like nothing.
what is the evidence of this?

He does not understand the difference between the debt limit and the budget for starters. I can keep going. I ain't trusting him with my tax dollars. He'll probably build grain pyramids and shit preparing for the always imminent rapture.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-11-2015, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 06:22 AM by Free Thought.)
(05-11-2015 06:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well his decision to support and endorse Mannatech's bullshit glyconutrients can cure EVERYTHING! doesn't exactly make me confident in his decision-making skills.

All people make mistakes (even the greatest president Obama!)

Nobody has said that everybody don't make mistakes.

Also, nobody considers Obama to be 'the greatest president', so you can cut that horseshit there.

(05-11-2015 06:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  I do not expect president to make only correct decisions.
BC made lots of correct decisions outside of his field. I am sure of that.
In his field he saved many lives. It means he is good doctor who made right descisions.

This is quite irrelevant; his ability to decide correctly which neuronal connections to sever or where to drill into the skull are of totally different nature to political decisions, especially within context of the beast that is international politics.

(05-11-2015 06:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  P.S. do you have a quote in which he said that glyconutrients can cure everything?

He's not saying they 'cure everything' as Girly put it, but here he is extolling the virtues of glyconutrients, and those of Mannatech (which in the past marketed said products as cures for numerous conditions prior to their being sued by a Texas judge over the patently false claims):

As a side-note, Carson has claimed that people bringing up his involvement with the company has been 'all lies' and 'propaganda', while claiming to have been both paid and not paid for his endorsements of the company.

As a side-side-note; counter to Carson's claim in the video as to why dogs eat grass: canines cannot properly digest grass. It is believed that dogs eat grasses to induce vomiting, or remove intestinal parasites. It may also be an attempt to gain the gut bacteria they would get from that of their prey, or it may just be because they can.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-11-2015, 07:46 PM
(05-11-2015 06:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:00 PM)julep Wrote:  His theory demonstrates his ability to evaluate information outside of his field, which he would be required to do as president. Therefore, it is appropriate to be worried.

His theory about pyramids isn't going to affect my life because he's not going to be elected President.

There are massive amounts of scientific and historical evidence contrary to the theory. Carson ignores them all because it is more important for him to make the pyramids fit in with his personal, literal interpretation of the Old Testament. He's not deferring to scientists or historians (or even farmers who know about granaries), as would a person who recognized his knowledge limitations. You're giving him a pass because his story is in the Bible, but his "theory" is as out there as people who think aliens built the pyramids.

You're right, there have been presidents who made similarly stupid decisions and rejected contradictory evidence in service of a fictional narrative (that's how we got into the war in Iraq). I don't think we need another one.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post