Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids
(05-11-2015 06:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Carson knows how to separate conjoined twins at the skull, but he don't know dick about anything that POTUS needs to consider. Like nothing.
what is the evidence of this?

His belief about the pyramids is evidence because it so massively, stupidly, ignorantly, flagrantly, idiotically wrong.

His world view hinders his faculties. He is unfit to be president. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
05-11-2015, 08:08 PM
(05-11-2015 08:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  what is the evidence of this?

His belief about the pyramids is evidence because it so massively, stupidly, ignorantly, flagrantly, idiotically wrong.

His world view hinders his faculties. He is unfit to be president. Drinking Beverage

I didn't ask about your opinion. I asked about evidence. Drinking Beverage

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
05-11-2015, 08:24 PM
(05-11-2015 05:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 04:25 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You should care about a person's theories and what the manner is that they arrive to conclusions of certain beliefs/opinions/ideas IF you want to support them to have decision making power.
I agree with you if the theory can effect somebody's life in destructive, negative way.
BC's ideas about pyramids will never effect anybody in this kind of way.
So, I don't care about this kind of theories.

P.S. I believe that BC can be as good president as he is good doctor. Thumbsup

Quote:BC's ideas about pyramids will never effect anybody in this kind of way.

If a candidate for the president of the US doesn't understand basic history or has a foggy interpretation of the past strongly viewed through the clouded glasses of religious, it sure as hell DOES affect everybody. How someone views the past affects how he or she sees the future and therefore how that person governs. This indirectly affects the citizens of this country.

The best presidents we've had have a tremendous understanding of history. The best leaders know history like the back of their hands, from Genghis Khan to Alexandria the Great, from Richard the Third to Saladan.

You're guy is an idiot and would be one of the most embarrassingly ignorant people to occupy the White House.....ever. Other world leaders would laugh at his nonsense and immense stupidity. For shit sakes, he makes George Bush 2 look like Einstein.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-11-2015, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 07:14 AM by ClydeLee.)
(05-11-2015 08:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 08:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  His belief about the pyramids is evidence because it so massively, stupidly, ignorantly, flagrantly, idiotically wrong.

Then are you asking for the evidence that he knows how to separate conjoined twins based on your responses to people responding to your post?

Because the evidence of his lack of knowledge of the details of what a president needs to consider are plastered all through his life and campaign. His ignorance on routine commonplace political concepts like mentioned before, his lack of information in answering questions on policy when asked to define specifics, his non-understanding of simple differing philosophical positions, his lack of negotiation/relation across many boundaries is also glaring too. All he has going for him is he was a neuroscientist and he is soft on all political issues with canned non-responses of "i'm not on either side here" attitude. (direct example his black relation & immigration comments) There's a reason it's not surprising to anyone on the debate supposed to be focused on economics he spoke the least of any considered candidate.

All of this has already been brought up on this forum in multiples ways before with direct quotes or clips of his comments on such things. Any insistence of he did great things as a neurosurgeon so he can be good at X other thing is just blatantly fallacious reasoning.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-11-2015, 10:16 PM
(05-11-2015 08:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 08:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  His belief about the pyramids is evidence because it so massively, stupidly, ignorantly, flagrantly, idiotically wrong.

Read the first sentence. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2015, 12:19 AM
(05-11-2015 08:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The best presidents we've had have a tremendous understanding of history. The best leaders know history like the back of their hands, from Genghis Khan to Alexandria the Great, from Richard the Third to Saladan.

The greatest leader ever to be founded in Egypt and have a lighthouse built on top of him!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-11-2015, 02:31 AM
(05-11-2015 06:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  All people make mistakes (even the greatest president Obama!)

Who cares about Obama? Even great comrade Lenin made mistakes. But Carson is it seems walking mistake - first shit about guns and III Reich now this. Such "mistakes" shouldn't be ignored.

(05-11-2015 06:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  I do not expect president to make only correct decisions.

Neither do I.

(05-11-2015 06:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  BC made lots of correct decisions outside of his field. I am sure of that.

I'm not sure (nor interested).

(05-11-2015 06:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  In his field he saved many lives. It means he is good doctor who made right descisions.

He may be good doctor. So what? It does not mean that he will be good president.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
06-11-2015, 06:16 AM
Wow, thats one hell of a theory... I always thought they where landigplatforms for aliens, but this makes much mor sense. Must be a real bummer though I you're a pharao and your people just say: Fuck this, I'm not building a crypt. Just throw him in the grain storage and be done with it.

But seriously, this guy is up for presidency? And there are people who actually would support him? That's... disturbing.
[+] 1 user Likes Fenris's post
06-11-2015, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 07:29 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
So that's why Joseph the Amazing Technicolor Guy had the dream about seven years of feast and seven years of famine.

The Egyptians originally built the pyramids as grain storage, until they came to realize that those tiny hallways in the structure mean it can barely hold any grain... and started building hollow-centered granaries instead of solid stone ones. When they were figuring out Egypt's National Grain Reserves, someone was slick and covered his butt by adding in the useless, old pyramid-type granaries in the total, to inflate his numbers. Joseph realized in his dream that they'd accidentally rely upon the poor granaries just when the worst food years in a row were going to come, and the Egyptians started using only the hollow ones in their papyrwork (geddit?) just in time to fill them before the coming drought.

Ben Carson either has something wrong with his brain, or he's a very smart man who's trying to figure out what "Honey Boo Boo" would say, and walking a fine line of spewing the kind of idiotic stuff that'll make him beloved of the "Base voter" of the GOP, so as to make himself palatable for a Southern "polite racists" to say he's their "This is My Black Friend", and not a threat to their tiny, tiny little worlds. They always mention how "soft-spoken" he is!

I'm hoping it's the latter, that he's playing horrible, cynical politics. I'd hate to believe anyone who is capable of rationalizing things in the way Carson's brain operates (or doesn't, as the case may be) was allowed to pick up a scalpel for any reason, let alone do surgery. And yet, I am led to understand that he was a masterful surgeon; my only conclusion is either a degree of cognitive dissonance too great to be credible to me, or else this guy is a master player trying to get to the top in the GOP. For power, men might do anything, and convince themselves even that they did rightly.

But oh, the horror if he's really even a legitimate contender for that seat. Really this whole GOP field, this year. It is not healthy, what they are spewing and what people are cheering along with... I shudder to watch the GOP going this route.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-11-2015, 07:47 AM
(06-11-2015 07:26 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm hoping it's the latter, that he's playing horrible, cynical politics. I'd hate to believe anyone who is capable of rationalizing things in the way Carson's brain operates (or doesn't, as the case may be) was allowed to pick up a scalpel for any reason, let alone do surgery.

I dunno. I've seen this kinda bullshit spewed by people I consider to be functional adults. I mean, they can operate a microwave and wipe their own butts fer Chrissakes. Never seen one of 'em do brain surgery though, I have to admit, though some of them are probably gung-ho enough to have a stab at it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.