Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 08:28 AM
RE: Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids
(05-11-2015 05:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, yes. I know it is not a theory. It is just his ideas. But the topic says: BC unusual theory.

Of course, we elect presidents to be idea-people. If they have bad ideas, it should follow they'd be bad presidents. This is why, for example: when ever I hear someone opine on how we should go back to the gold standard, I stop listening to any more of their stupid mouth-words.

Now, you could make the argument that Carson's weird beliefs about pyramids will in no way affect his foreign or domestic policies. That's almost certainly true. That'd be a good argument, so that's the one you should be making. Don't say you don't care if a hopeful president's ideas are bad. You should absolutely care. That should be your biggest metric.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2015, 09:51 AM
(06-11-2015 08:28 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 05:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, yes. I know it is not a theory. It is just his ideas. But the topic says: BC unusual theory.

Of course, we elect presidents to be idea-people. If they have bad ideas, it should follow they'd be bad presidents. This is why, for example: when ever I hear someone opine on how we should go back to the gold standard, I stop listening to any more of their stupid mouth-words.

Now, you could make the argument that Carson's weird beliefs about pyramids will in no way affect his foreign or domestic policies. That's almost certainly true. That'd be a good argument, so that's the one you should be making. Don't say you don't care if a hopeful president's ideas are bad. You should absolutely care. That should be your biggest metric.

The problem with Carson's pyramid theory is that it ignores the blatantly obvious.
It's like saying that a dam's hydroelectric piping was built to store water.

Why do you find the gold standard unworkable? Setting finite limits in an economic system seems like the most stable. When you have "virtual dollars" - wild fluctuations would seem to be far more likely than a standard system.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-11-2015, 10:35 AM
(05-11-2015 06:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  Give me names of presidents who always correctly evaluated information outside of their filed? never made mistakes? There is no such thing as perfect man/woman.
I repeat his evaluation of pyramids will never effect your life.

No one is demanding perfection. I just want to know that my President is not abysmally stupid.

I would not have voted for the dipshit anyway, but this is the sort of information I want as a voter. I need to know that the commander-in-chief of our armed forces is a reasonable man.
06-11-2015, 03:18 PM
(06-11-2015 10:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  Give me names of presidents who always correctly evaluated information outside of their filed? never made mistakes? There is no such thing as perfect man/woman.
I repeat his evaluation of pyramids will never effect your life.

No one is demanding perfection. I just want to know that my President is not abysmally stupid.

I would not have voted for the dipshit anyway, but this is the sort of information I want as a voter. I need to know that the commander-in-chief of our armed forces is a reasonable man.

That's the odd part of Ben Carson.. He's obviously a brilliant man. His career reflects that.

I guess it's like what my dad used to call "selective hearing".....

It's a phenomena where the kid in question can completely ignore someone else talking -- a car making ominous noises, or the phone ringing endlessly - --- BUT the same kid could hear the crinkling of a candy bar being opened two counties away -- in the rain.

Ben Carson is like that. He's got "selective stupidity".......

He's capable of separating twins conjoined at the head, and unable to do simple math at the same time..........

I wonder if he could give himself brain surgery, to remove the stupidity????

It'd be worth a shot....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Help! Were the pyramids grain bins or landing pads?
Well? According to Ben Carson the pyramids were built to store grain but stargate told me they were landing pads for alien spaceships. So who's right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhol3WdB4QU
06-11-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Help! Were the pyramids grain bins or landing pads?
A pyramid is the worst design for either application...

06-11-2015, 03:49 PM
(06-11-2015 03:18 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 10:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No one is demanding perfection. I just want to know that my President is not abysmally stupid.

That's the odd part of Ben Carson.. He's obviously a brilliant man. His career reflects that.

I guess it's like what my dad used to call "selective hearing".....

It's a phenomena where the kid in question can completely ignore someone else talking -- a car making ominous noises, or the phone ringing endlessly - --- BUT the same kid could hear the crinkling of a candy bar being opened two counties away -- in the rain.

Ben Carson is like that. He's got "selective stupidity".......

He's capable of separating twins conjoined at the head, and unable to do simple math at the same time..........

I wonder if he could give himself brain surgery, to remove the stupidity????

It'd be worth a shot....

I think another man with this condition is Dr Francis Collins. In his case it's even more selective and compartmentalized. As the head of the Human Genome Project he mentally knows and sees what he has called "overwhelming evidence for evolution" but STILL believes in the Christ story. The fear of death and his need for a cozy, comforting afterlife overrides the reality of the hard facts his Genome Project produced.

He claims that he's seen first hand how religion helps people have hope which helps them recover from illnesses. The placebo effect of religion, a mental sugar pill. I just can't believe in something that's not there and have never seen any evidence of existing outside the human imagination. Science itself it what gives me hope.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Pretty sure they are tombs.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-11-2015, 04:00 PM
I wonder what he thinks the great Sphinx built during the same era as the 2nd great pyramid was for.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
06-11-2015, 04:03 PM
I've been trying to think of an analogy to demonstrate the stupidity of this Carsonism (I just made that word up).

It's like building a space shuttle so it can be used as a semi-truck. Could it be used for that? Sure, but why would you do that when it's so freaking expensive to build it?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post