Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 04:24 PM
RE: Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids
Oops. Turns out he fabricated the whole West Point thing.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/be...int-215598

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
06-11-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: Help! Were the pyramids grain bins or landing pads?
(06-11-2015 03:20 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  Well? According to Ben Carson the pyramids were built to store grain but stargate told me they were landing pads for alien spaceships. So who's right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhol3WdB4QU

They were both; they are where the aliens stored their grain for easy pickup.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
06-11-2015, 06:14 PM
(06-11-2015 03:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Pretty sure they are tombs.

I always thought Isis was about to catch Osiris with some shit he didn't want the rest of the ancient Egyptian pantheon to know about, so he tossed his butt plugs out the window, and boom! Pyramids e'erwhere! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
06-11-2015, 06:18 PM
(06-11-2015 06:14 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 03:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Pretty sure they are tombs.

I always thought Isis was about to catch Osiris with some shit he didn't want the rest of the ancient Egyptian pantheon to know about, so he tossed his butt plugs out the window, and boom! Pyramids e'erwhere! Tongue

More likely than alien landing pads.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Threads merged

06-11-2015, 06:26 PM
(06-11-2015 04:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Oops. Turns out he fabricated the whole West Point thing.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/be...int-215598
He seems very far removed from reality in this as in many other things. At first I'm inclined to give him a pass because it's all a long time in the past, until I remember he has the same ability as any of us to find access to his old scores.

We're busy applying to colleges in my house (son is a senior in HS) and we are talking about class rankings, SATs, etc. I found my GRE scores from 20 years ago (!) and was surprised at how much I'd remembered about my scores--except for my lousy 81st percentile on the math bit, which my mind had "corrected" to 85th percentile.* So maybe Carson can be excused for misremembering his college app process in the same way. Except you'd think resume scrutinizing would be part of the process of getting ready for a presidential run, so I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt here because this is of a piece of his shoddy thinking as demonstrated elsewhere.

*Considering that I had last taken any math class 15 years before the test, I should have been ecstatic…but I wasn't. I was pissed.
06-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Boy! He's quite the storyteller isn't he. He claimed he dined with General Westmoreland when he was 17. Now why would a four star general dine with a 17 year old boy?

Idea

Oh.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-11-2015, 06:30 PM
I dn't think there is much of anything about the college thing. Do you remember all the details exactly as they were accurately when you were 17? Of course not. All he stated was that he had conversation with West Point guys and they expressed he could of had a full scholarship yet he never went to the process of it. That's just details and memory screw up or exaggeration.

It's far from the issue of coming to excessive conclusions of the technicolor pyramids.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Ben Carson has Savant Syndrome. That is how I can reconcile his exceptional neurosurgery career with this.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
06-11-2015, 08:09 PM
(05-11-2015 07:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  what is the evidence of this?

He does not understand the difference between the debt limit and the budget for starters. I can keep going. I ain't trusting him with my tax dollars. He'll probably build grain pyramids and shit preparing for the always imminent rapture.
I see what you are saying. So, who is the most qualifying among Republicans in your opinion?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED