Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids
(06-11-2015 08:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 07:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He does not understand the difference between the debt limit and the budget for starters. I can keep going. I ain't trusting him with my tax dollars. He'll probably build grain pyramids and shit preparing for the always imminent rapture.
I see what you are saying. So, who is the most qualifying among Republicans in your opinion?

Jon Hunstman. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-11-2015, 10:01 AM
I don't even understand why Carson felt like he had to make up that story about the pyramids in 1998. What was he even trying to accomplish with that?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
08-11-2015, 01:01 PM
(08-11-2015 10:01 AM)cactus Wrote:  I don't even understand why Carson felt like he had to make up that story about the pyramids in 1998. What was he even trying to accomplish with that?

Sales of his books and lecture engagements on the Christian speaking circuit. He's made a nice little side business out of those.
08-11-2015, 02:12 PM
Bill Maher explains it - starts at about the 2 minute mark of New Rules.

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/11/bill-m...ns-wanting

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
08-11-2015, 04:49 PM
(08-11-2015 10:01 AM)cactus Wrote:  I don't even understand why Carson felt like he had to make up that story about the pyramids in 1998. What was he even trying to accomplish with that?

And he just repeated his theory to reporters a few days ago. You'd think that in the 17 years since his first statement on the pyramids he might get a little curious and maybe check up on some of the facts of the pyramids, like that the Egyptians could write and they wrote all over the inside of the pyramid what they were for. But no, he didn't take any time to do that, he just continued on being a total ignoramus. It seems to be a pattern with this guy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-11-2015, 04:52 PM
(05-11-2015 06:14 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Ben Carson's unusual theory about pyramids

The guy is nuts and very likely dangerous with this demonstrable level of ignorance.

I don't like the word "unusual". Unfortunately delusional people are in great supply. A new delusional spin maybe, but remember this guy also denies evolution and believes in magic babies.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2015, 05:00 PM
(08-11-2015 09:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 08:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  I see what you are saying. So, who is the most qualifying among Republicans in your opinion?

Jon Hunstman. Drinking Beverage

He was the only candidate I truly enjoyed on the party line last time, shamefully of course he was the only one who didn't get a 15 minutes of rising to the top of the polls. He wasn't sporadic or crazy enough.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-11-2015, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 05:11 PM by Slowminded.)
And then...rap.

Weeping

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
09-11-2015, 08:14 AM
(06-11-2015 09:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Why do you find the gold standard unworkable? Setting finite limits in an economic system seems like the most stable. When you have "virtual dollars" - wild fluctuations would seem to be far more likely than a standard system.

It needs regulation to help prevent those wild fluctuations, but tying everything to gold removes several tools for dealing with problems when they come up. A gold standard doesn't prevent those problems, and it slows growth.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
09-11-2015, 09:59 AM
(09-11-2015 08:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 09:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Why do you find the gold standard unworkable? Setting finite limits in an economic system seems like the most stable. When you have "virtual dollars" - wild fluctuations would seem to be far more likely than a standard system.

It needs regulation to help prevent those wild fluctuations, but tying everything to gold removes several tools for dealing with problems when they come up. A gold standard doesn't prevent those problems, and it slows growth.

Tying money supplies to piles of shiny rocks is a medieval idiocy we have no need to go back to.

Just ask these economists.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post