Ben Radford accused of sexual harassment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2013, 04:38 AM
Ben Radford accused of sexual harassment
This is very sad but not soo much surprising to me because I accept that we all are just humans and humans can make mistakes and even skeptics make mistakes in their own personal life:

http://skepchick.org/2013/08/ben-radford...arassment/
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/pages/cf...complaints
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2...tells-all/

Some believers are already jumping high:

Quote:This is clear evidence that materialism, which says that morality is an illusion, is harmful to society. Why do they cling to it in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary when it is not just false, but also harmful?

Taken from: http://forum.mind-energy.net/skeptiko-po...ult-2.html

However lets not forget that also believers and religion has done many evil things.

Just take a look here:

Quote:Pediatrician Melvin L. Morse is widely described as an expert in near-death experiences.

Quote:In July 2012 Morse was accused of "waterboarding" his eleven-year-old daughter.

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melvin_L._Morse

Therefore no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes which are mostly in their own personal life. I just dont get why believers jump the gun and now claim that everyone is evil because one skeptic made a crime. That means that when one New Ager or priest makes a crime then all religious people are criminals??
I just don't get the logic.

As for the his work I like Ben Radfords work and hope to see more of his work when this is finished at least on his blog or somewhere.

"What do you hope to accomplish by coming here, mortal? You have something that belongs to me and I want it." - Dr. Malcolm Betruger.
Will be away from 4.4.2013 to 20.4.2013.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2013, 04:48 AM
RE: Ben Radford accused of sexual harassment
The links you give are not reliable in dealing with a "sexual harasser" like Radford.

I'll hold any bashing, at this point.
08-08-2013, 04:55 AM
It doesn't matter if a person believes in god or not, anyone can be an asshole. But it does seem like religious people have a higher rate of being one, why I do not know.

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
10-08-2013, 02:44 AM
After reading more on this subject I take back everything I said. I begin to doubt even the story of Ben Radford how the situation is evolving.. It seems we now have a skeptic hunt and every skeptic who done something skeptical is a sexual predator. It became a hysteria a complete hysteria.. Some of the attacks are so unfair..

I would love when the accusers would be brought to court and not only post their attacks on blogs and some of them are anonymous( I mean the blogers who attack the skeptics) to make skeptics look bad. This is not fair from the blogers and people who send the e-mails.

"What do you hope to accomplish by coming here, mortal? You have something that belongs to me and I want it." - Dr. Malcolm Betruger.
Will be away from 4.4.2013 to 20.4.2013.
10-08-2013, 03:01 AM
Sexual harassment? A "mistake", "we're all human"? Charges aside, i'm speaking in general terms to persons guilty when I say this: FUCK NO. These aren't mistakes, and in no way should they be tempered with "they're just human". He's a grown man.

I sure as hell don't want "atheists" or "sceptics" getting preferential treatment. IF ANYTHING, our criticisms should be in the forefront. We are better than this - or at least want to be better than this.

That said, I have no idea who this person is.
10-08-2013, 10:01 AM
(10-08-2013 03:01 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Sexual harassment? A "mistake", "we're all human"? Charges aside, i'm speaking in general terms to persons guilty when I say this: FUCK NO. These aren't mistakes, and in no way should they be tempered with "they're just human". He's a grown man.

I sure as hell don't want "atheists" or "sceptics" getting preferential treatment. IF ANYTHING, our criticisms should be in the forefront. We are better than this - or at least want to be better than this.

So you are basing this personal outrage and anger on a story you kind of heard about a guy you have never heard of with no chance for him to give his side of the story? Did you not in another post bash all atheists for doing that about Islam?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-08-2013, 02:15 PM
(10-08-2013 10:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So you are basing this personal outrage and anger on a story you kind of heard about a guy you have never heard of with no chance for him to give his side of the story? Did you not in another post bash all atheists for doing that about Islam?

(10-08-2013 03:01 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Sexual harassment? A "mistake", "we're all human"? Charges aside, i'm speaking in general terms to persons guilty when I say this: FUCK NO. These aren't mistakes, and in no way should they be tempered with "they're just human". He's a grown man.

It's literally the second sentence when I said that i'm speaking in general terms of people who are guilty of this. And to further emphasize this, I ended the post saying I don't know who this person is - meaning I made no judgment and reserve all judgements on this person.

Now, for you OTHER outrageous and completely fictional claim. I NEVER bashed that "all atheists" were Islamophobic or racist. Only that just a few in the thread mentioned and about one or two "idols" expressed islamophobic and racist views. Literally maybe a dozen people at most were being addressed. I know of many rational and emphatic atheists, and I trust I am one myself.