Benghazi Scandal Fizzled To Nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Benghazi Scandal Fizzled To Nothing
Yeah, either I have spent my life with my head in the sand or this election is causing more divisiveness than any previous one during my time. Not just here, everywhere I look, people are fighting over this and butting heads in a most serious way.

There have always been debates over elections, but not this kind of anger. I am not sure what is causing this.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-06-2016, 05:14 PM
(29-06-2016 05:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  There have always been debates over elections, but not this kind of anger. I am not sure what is causing this.

Satan. Cheesus is coming soooooooonnnn.

(Actually, I have no idea.)

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
29-06-2016, 05:17 PM
(29-06-2016 03:51 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 02:46 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm content to let your words speak for themselves, and let the readership decide.
That's fine with me, but in that case you should quote the exact words you were referring to so that people can make a direct comparison between my words and your characterized version of them. Sounds fair?

I assume that they have read the thread already, and I'm not going to parse it for you or anyone else. There are several levels to each communication, one of which is exact words, one of which is context, and one of which is gist. I'm not so beholden to my position that I'm unamenable to correction, nor am I so excited about internet arguments that I'll run and jump to "prove" my point.

That is exactly why I wrote that I'll let the readers decide. If they think I'm full of shit, I'm fine with that.

(29-06-2016 03:51 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I wish the solution were that simple. We had an argument or two about a completely different topic months before our interactions ceased to be cordial and the simple fact is that her conduct back then was no more honest or informed than it is now. I understand that it's difficult, if not outright impossible for you to admit this in public because she's your friend, but you have to realize that her numerous character flaws have been demonstrated at length over and over again. I would suggest you to go back to the first page of this very thread and look at the way she treated Lord Dark Helmet there. He asked her a question in an overall civil post and instead of answering it or responding to any of his points, she simply attacked him as a "nasty little troll."

Everyone has flaws; she does too. I don't feel the need to add to your public criticisms of her. You've obviously decided to air what you think are her flaws publicly, and in a manner which as another poster has already mentioned, reeks of dominance-posturing -- a point I agree with, though I only know you through your posts and the few PMs we've exchanged.

Now, privately she knows how I feel about her, and where I think she goes right or wrong in a discussion. I've spoken to her forthrightly about these sorts of things. But with you so assiduously tearing at her whenever you get the chance, I see no need to aid you in your quest.

You're right, I won't tear a friend down publicly. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes, hey, it's all good. I value relationships more than I value being right all the time. The latter is a splendid isolation, at the end of the day.

For the record, having read many of LDH's posts since he's joined, I'm inclined to agree with her about his behavior; I do think he's more than a little bit of the troll. And I think it's clear his reply was a troll, in the sense he issued a challenge he obviously hadn't fulfilled himself, namely, reading the entire report.

She called a spade a spade as she sees it. You, who have done that often enough, really don't stand on firm ground; you only use fancier language.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-06-2016, 05:18 PM
(29-06-2016 05:03 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 04:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  You'd vote for Trump? Not sure if he likes black kids with opinions.

Is Metazoa black? I'm so confused. What does race have to do with anything?

He's a seal from South Jersey living in an ocean of sharks. Yeah the zoologists don't what to make of it either.

#sigh
29-06-2016, 05:19 PM
(29-06-2016 03:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, to be honest, I would have, too. Private conversations are private. I ALWAYS adhere to that with others and have no problems extending privacy to myself. Obviously she kept personal mails on her personal server. When I had a server, I kept personal emails as well as business mails there, too. I also downloaded personal mails to my computer and weeded it out there to keepers and irrelevant. (Because - memories) I cleaned the server of all of my personal mails periodically.

I don't see it as a biggie. Either you trust her, or you don't. Either you trust Trump, or you don't. And likely all of us trust one more than the other. I doubt any of us trust anyone in that monkey race unconditionally.

Yes, not our business what her personal emails are. I trust her to a point but as with all politicians career ones or otherwise I never trust them completely.

I do not agree with everything she has done, no one agrees with every issue from any politician ever but I do like her and the other option is just not tolerable.

To accept the idea of living in "Trumpfuckupistan" is not happening and since I do like Hillary and respect most of her work I will support her, I will vote for her and I will be happy to call her, Madam President Hillary Clinton.

I also think our legal system of "presumed innocent until proven guilty" is far superior to anything else. She has not been charged or indicted, no evidence of crimes have gone before a jury of her peers to access it's validity and until it does I will continue to presume her innocence and give her the benefit of the doubt. If it ever goes to trial and she is convicted, then I will be convinced of her wrong doing and not until.

That is what I'd expect if I were being investigated and that is what we should give every citizen, even our politicians.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
29-06-2016, 05:21 PM
(29-06-2016 05:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yeah, either I have spent my life with my head in the sand or this election is causing more divisiveness than any previous one during my time. Not just here, everywhere I look, people are fighting over this and butting heads in a most serious way.

There have always been debates over elections, but not this kind of anger. I am not sure what is causing this.

Polarization has been killing this country since 1993.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-06-2016, 06:32 PM
(29-06-2016 05:17 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I assume that they have read the thread already, and I'm not going to parse it for you or anyone else. There are several levels to each communication, one of which is exact words, one of which is context, and one of which is gist. I'm not so beholden to my position that I'm unamenable to correction, nor am I so excited about internet arguments that I'll run and jump to "prove" my point.

That is exactly why I wrote that I'll let the readers decide. If they think I'm full of shit, I'm fine with that.
That's fair enough, but this also means that I have no other choice but to let your refusal to provide a simple quote in support of your characterization speak for itself.

(29-06-2016 05:17 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Everyone has flaws; she does too. I don't feel the need to add to your public criticisms of her. You've obviously decided to air what you think are her flaws publicly, and in a manner which as another poster has already mentioned, reeks of dominance-posturing -- a point I agree with, though I only know you through your posts and the few PMs we've exchanged.
The claims I've made about her flaws aren't mere thoughts, they are observations that have been substantiated by a variety of arguments and well over a dozen citations (none of which, it should be noted, have been addressed to this day).

(29-06-2016 05:17 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Now, privately she knows how I feel about her, and where I think she goes right or wrong in a discussion. I've spoken to her forthrightly about these sorts of things. But with you so assiduously tearing at her whenever you get the chance, I see no need to aid you in your quest.

You're right, I won't tear a friend down publicly. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes, hey, it's all good. I value relationships more than I value being right all the time. The latter is a splendid isolation, at the end of the day.
Just for the record, I don't think that makes you a bad person.

(29-06-2016 05:17 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  For the record, having read many of LDH's posts since he's joined, I'm inclined to agree with her about his behavior; I do think he's more than a little bit of the troll. And I think it's clear his reply was a troll, in the sense he issued a challenge he obviously hadn't fulfilled himself, namely, reading the entire report.

She called a spade a spade as she sees it. You, who have done that often enough, really don't stand on firm ground; you only use fancier language.
Can you elaborate on what exactly you mean by that? Taking that statement at face value would cause me to question your ability to say something like that with a straight face.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-06-2016, 06:44 PM
(29-06-2016 05:21 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 05:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yeah, either I have spent my life with my head in the sand or this election is causing more divisiveness than any previous one during my time. Not just here, everywhere I look, people are fighting over this and butting heads in a most serious way.

Polarization has been killing this country since 1993.

I agree. The only way I see we'll ever get a 3-5 party system recognized is if it's forced. Which I would vote for.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
29-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Only if you consider $7 million "nothing."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
29-06-2016, 07:15 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post