Benghazi Scandal Fizzled To Nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2016, 04:20 PM
RE: Benghazi Scandal Fizzled To Nothing
I retired from the IRS in 2005 and had a government email account. 8 years later when Lois Lerner was testifying before congress I was busting a gut. I told my wife "I can't believe that nothing has changed in the 8 years since I left...except maybe things were worse."

No one knew (or cared) about where or if anyone was storing IRS emails. All we knew was that we were given IBM laptops with "security software" which ate up system resources to the point where the damned machines were almost useless. Every few months or so a memo would come out from the Chief of IT reminding everyone to delete old emails to make room for the newer shit they would be sending out.

Now I was a union official and all of us assumed that the management could access any emails we had any time they wanted. For that reason, I had a separate Hotmail account where anything that I felt my be potentially useful was stored away from the prying eyes of scumbag IRS managers.

What I did find amusing was that they were going to the trouble of recording all the emails on magnetic tape...yeah, state of the art government computers!... and then when that tape was full take the one they had used prior and overwrite it to save money. In effect, they were keeping about 30-60 days worth at any given time, not that I think they could have found anything on them even if they were to go looking. The sheer volume would have overwhelmed the system.

Funny shit.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
30-06-2016, 04:47 PM
(29-06-2016 07:05 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  And what the fuck does Hillary have to do with guns? The NRA has been screaming paranoid crap since the Brady Bill was passed. No, the left, outside a very few delusional nuts, are not out to rid the country of every single firearm. Saying we make too many, and you don't need certain types or big clips has never been a call to stop all firearm ownership. Saying our vetting system sucks also is not a call to ban all private gun ownership.

Been busy a few days but wanted to respond to at least the above quote:

Earlier in this thread you responded to Onlinebiker with the following statement:

No, you just don't like her. But, exactly what I would expect from a gun worshiper.

I have no idea what that statement meant but my response was pointing out that you don't have to be a gun worshiper to think she's FoS.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
30-06-2016, 05:18 PM
So, I finally got through a good chunk of this thread. It would have been possible to get through all of it but half the thread is just petty bickering. Can we just get a Petty Bickering thread so those of us who don't give a shit can ignore it all? For the love the Celestial Teapot, can you all please just fucking stop?! And, while I realize he's at the center of all of it, it's not all Vosur's fault. So, rather than point fingers, go please find a thread to take it and leave it all there?

Anyway on the two issues that have been raised here, two useless opinions from me:

1. the Email scandal - I think this is a really big deal. The idea that she did this for convenience is bullshit. The fact is that government employees are required to use their government email for government business. if I used my own personal email to discuss my employers business, I'd be fired pretty much on the spot. And, they love me. But that love would turn to ambivalence if I was ever stupid enough to pass confidential information outside of their watchful eye. By doing what she did, she instantly violated the Freedom of Information Act by taking her mails outside of government servers. And, I absolutely believe that was a consideration. Also, as Secretary of State, she was absolutely going to get information that was considered to be classified. This current argument about "when" information was classified is bullshit. She had to have known that information she received on that server ran the risk of being classified at some point. The reality is that she broke the law. Whether or not she broke a law, like the Espionage Act, that carries a criminal penalty is a question of fact to be decided by a jury, assuming she's even indicted. But, she broke the law. And, this "convenience of emails" argument is pure bullshit. She's not even making that stupid argument. The argument she did make initially was she didn't want to carry 2 devices. But, every Blackberry and smart phone gives the capability of pulling mails from multiple email addresses, so that argument is bullshit.

Btw, General Patreaus was indicted and convicted or doing less than Hillary Clinton was.

If you want to pretend it's no big deal, that's your right. But, it's not a conspiracy theory. The facts are out there. She broke the law and circumvented government servers and possibly committed a criminal act. And, she wants to be the head law enforcement officer in the US? This is a very legitimate question/concern in my opinion.

2. Benghazi - I think the Republicans who wasted our time and money with this thing the past few year should be hung from a tree and beaten with stick like pinatas until all the candy falls out of them. There are so many lies about this it's hard to keep them all straight. My favorite is "she was sleeping while we were attacked". It happened at about 3 PM EST. I'm pretty sure she wasn't sleeping. Nighttime in the middle east isn't really nighttime in the US. I mean, how fucking stupid do you have to be to not realize that? This was a tragedy and the Obama administration royally fucked up by trying to claim it was because of some stupid movie when they clearly knew it was not. Ok, the played politics on the eve of an election. It's morally reprehensible but it's not criminal. The idea that we wasted all these years chasing nothing for political gain is pretty disgusting and the Republicans deserve all the grief they get over this.

Oh, one other thing: HEY LDH - if you think this is an embarrassment, how do you feel about a bullshit war on trumped up evidence that cost trillions of dollars and over 5,000 American lives? You ok with that or is that an embarassment too?

[+] 7 users Like BnW's post
30-06-2016, 05:39 PM
(30-06-2016 05:18 PM)BnW Wrote:  So, I finally got through a good chunk of this thread. It would have been possible to get through all of it but half the thread is just petty bickering. Can we just get a Petty Bickering thread so those of us who don't give a shit can ignore it all? For the love the Celestial Teapot, can you all please just fucking stop?! And, while I realize he's at the center of all of it, it's not all Vosur's fault. So, rather than point fingers, go please find a thread to take it and leave it all there?

Anyway on the two issues that have been raised here, two useless opinions from me:

1. the Email scandal - I think this is a really big deal. The idea that she did this for convenience is bullshit. The fact is that government employees are required to use their government email for government business. if I used my own personal email to discuss my employers business, I'd be fired pretty much on the spot. And, they love me. But that love would turn to ambivalence if I was ever stupid enough to pass confidential information outside of their watchful eye. By doing what she did, she instantly violated the Freedom of Information Act by taking her mails outside of government servers. And, I absolutely believe that was a consideration. Also, as Secretary of State, she was absolutely going to get information that was considered to be classified. This current argument about "when" information was classified is bullshit. She had to have known that information she received on that server ran the risk of being classified at some point. The reality is that she broke the law. Whether or not she broke a law, like the Espionage Act, that carries a criminal penalty is a question of fact to be decided by a jury, assuming she's even indicted. But, she broke the law. And, this "convenience of emails" argument is pure bullshit. She's not even making that stupid argument. The argument she did make initially was she didn't want to carry 2 devices. But, every Blackberry and smart phone gives the capability of pulling mails from multiple email addresses, so that argument is bullshit.

Btw, General Patreaus was indicted and convicted or doing less than Hillary Clinton was.

If you want to pretend it's no big deal, that's your right. But, it's not a conspiracy theory. The facts are out there. She broke the law and circumvented government servers and possibly committed a criminal act. And, she wants to be the head law enforcement officer in the US? This is a very legitimate question/concern in my opinion.

2. Benghazi - I think the Republicans who wasted our time and money with this thing the past few year should be hung from a tree and beaten with stick like pinatas until all the candy falls out of them. There are so many lies about this it's hard to keep them all straight. My favorite is "she was sleeping while we were attacked". It happened at about 3 PM EST. I'm pretty sure she wasn't sleeping. Nighttime in the middle east isn't really nighttime in the US. I mean, how fucking stupid do you have to be to not realize that? This was a tragedy and the Obama administration royally fucked up by trying to claim it was because of some stupid movie when they clearly knew it was not. Ok, the played politics on the eve of an election. It's morally reprehensible but it's not criminal. The idea that we wasted all these years chasing nothing for political gain is pretty disgusting and the Republicans deserve all the grief they get over this.

Oh, one other thing: HEY LDH - if you think this is an embarrassment, how do you feel about a bullshit war on trumped up evidence that cost trillions of dollars and over 5,000 American lives? You ok with that or is that an embarassment too?

A great response. Especially the email stuff. I agree completely.

As for the war, I don't really have a comment. I was active duty at time and followed orders. We took out Saddam, killed his rapist, murdering sons, and at least attempted to help the Iraqi citizens. I lost friends over there. It is what it is. I refuse to believe they died for nothing.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-06-2016, 05:57 PM
How about this: they died heroes who believed they were protecting the safety and well being of their countrymen. It's not their fault that they were lead by criminals. Can you accept that?

[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
30-06-2016, 06:08 PM
(30-06-2016 05:57 PM)BnW Wrote:  How about this: they died heroes who believed they were protecting the safety and well being of their countrymen. It's not their fault that they were lead by criminals. Can you accept that?

Sure. Bush was an idiot. I don't think he was the ringleader, only the stooge puppet. I blame Cheney and Rumsfield.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-06-2016, 06:13 PM
(30-06-2016 05:18 PM)BnW Wrote:  So, I finally got through a good chunk of this thread. It would have been possible to get through all of it but half the thread is just petty bickering. Can we just get a Petty Bickering thread so those of us who don't give a shit can ignore it all? For the love the Celestial Teapot, can you all please just fucking stop?! And, while I realize he's at the center of all of it, it's not all Vosur's fault. So, rather than point fingers, go please find a thread to take it and leave it all there?

Beautifully stated! From beginning to end. Smile
Sorry, liking it wasn't enough.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-06-2016, 09:01 PM
(29-06-2016 10:31 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I consider this treatment to be warranted in light of the fact that she continues to defend the idea that a corrupt warmonger would make for a good US president.

I think the idea that a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist, corrupt birther businessman as POTUS is a far more tenable position. Thumbsup

And here's our problems: It's about picking who we deem the lesser of two evils and rationalizing away the negatives of the candidate we support because of the direction we lean.

I genuinely believe most of the posters in this thread are smarter than me, but only politics can make some really brilliant people into morons.

Both candidates are shit and both sides are corrupt. The system is broken. It makes me ill to imagine Trump or Hilary sitting in the White House as the leader of this nation.
[+] 5 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
30-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Quote:Btw, General Patreaus was indicted and convicted or doing less than Hillary Clinton was.

General Petraeus gave actual classified information to the woman who was blowing him..... while supposedly writing his biography.

This was not thousands of emails which were "classified" after the fact.

If you are going to tell stories at least try to get the facts right.

And Petraeus plead guilty to a misdemeanor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat...story.html

Quote:Petraeus, in the end, pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor charge of mishandling classified material. No charges were brought against Broadwell.

If you want to vote for that asshole Drumpf just do it. But stop lying.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Hobo both of 'em. Facepalm This is a good election for "None of the Above" to be voted in and another go-around on the election. Whether you like Obama or not, a lame duck limping through a re-election process would be better than what has been offered. Dodgy