Benghazi Scandal Fizzled To Nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Benghazi Scandal Fizzled To Nothing
(29-06-2016 12:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 11:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  Why would I want to put you on ignore? You have good contributions. Just quit the bickering already. I don't want to have to spend an hour plucking this thread apart and putting the fight parts in the pit. Not going to argue with you about this, I don't care for that sort of discourse. Just save me the trouble, please. I know you are under a lot of stress and need to vent. It's ok. But maybe find another way if you can.
You know I've always liked you, Dom. I respect you enough to tone down the vitriol to a more acceptable level, but nothing short of a ban is going to stop me from calling out ignorance and dishonesty wherever I see it. I'm relentless like that.

(29-06-2016 12:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  girly parsing. .... Consider ..... Consider .... I think Girly likes you better when you participate in threads to express your disagreement instead of explicitly admitting you're a goddam motherfucking asshole trying to bust somebody's balls like a fucking dog mounting another dog to demonstrate dominance. Worse yet, you're not even very good at it.

An opinion I think is shared by many here. An opinion that this German dude Vosur I used to know would share.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-06-2016, 12:21 PM
(29-06-2016 09:20 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Back on topic.....

Could someone point me in the direction of an apolitical link explaining briefly what Ms Clinton has done to warrant such vitriol regarding the Benghazi incident? And I'm not sure that I understand any connection between this incident and her apparent misuse of the Sate (or her?) email server.

Are the two events even remotely connected, or is this just another opportunity for the Hillary haters to vent their spleen—as many Americans seem to do with all/any of their government power-brokers?

I've never cared about the whole Benghazi thing myself.

But the email thing was a little more disturbing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Cl...ontroversy

She used her own server, which as a government employee (essentially) should be a big no no.

Many of her documents and correspondence stored on it were retroactively classified. She personally wrote emails as did her staff.

It was also hacked at least a couple times. Some emails/files were allegedly deleted (which is problematic for a government official where a record is supposed to be kept for the sake of transparency). Also, she claimed there was personal correspondence -- which is troubling since we don't know. I'm not saying we have the right to read her pillow talk with Bill, but if you're storing it on a private server that you're also using for work, no one should need to explain to you why deleting a bunch of emails might not look favorable.

Nixon got into a lot of trouble for amoungst other things erasing 20 minutes of taped conversations.

Now, I'm not comparing her to Tricky Dick in any way, shape, or form, but that said, I do find find her laugh-it-off attitude regrading this a bit disturbing.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-06-2016, 12:34 PM
(29-06-2016 12:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  She used her own server, which as a government employee (essentially) should be a big no no.

It is a big no no. But there are always exigent circumstances with can and do override regulations which occur more frequently than you might imagine for various reasons. I've experienced them. Using her own private server to conduct government business is actually a hell of a lot more secure than doing government business over her google account.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-06-2016, 12:37 PM
(29-06-2016 12:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You know I've always liked you, Dom. I respect you enough to tone down the vitriol to a more acceptable level, but nothing short of a ban is going to stop me from calling out ignorance and dishonesty wherever I see it. I'm relentless like that.

Very cool. Thank you! Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-06-2016, 12:47 PM
(29-06-2016 12:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I respect you enough to tone down the vitriol to a more acceptable level, but nothing short of a ban is going to stop me from calling out ignorance and dishonesty wherever I see it. I'm relentless like that.

Watch your back, boy.

29-06-2016, 01:04 PM
(29-06-2016 12:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  She used her own server, which as a government employee (essentially) should be a big no no.

It is a big no no. But there are always exigent circumstances with can and do override regulations which occur more frequently than you might imagine for various reasons. I've experienced them. Using her own private server to conduct government business is actually a hell of a lot more secure than doing government business over her google account.

Still doesn't mean it was legal.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-06-2016, 01:13 PM
(29-06-2016 12:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You know I've always liked you, Dom. I respect you enough to tone down the vitriol to a more acceptable level, but nothing short of a ban is going to stop me from calling out ignorance and dishonesty wherever I see it. I'm relentless like that.

An opinion I think is shared by many here. An opinion that this German dude Vosur I used to know would share.

"Whose messages are these?"
"They're posts, baby."
"Whose posts are these?"
"Vosur's."
"Who's Vosur?"
"Vosur's dead, baby. Vosur's dead."

Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
29-06-2016, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 01:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-06-2016 01:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It is a big no no. But there are always exigent circumstances with can and do override regulations which occur more frequently than you might imagine for various reasons. I've experienced them. Using her own private server to conduct government business is actually a hell of a lot more secure than doing government business over her google account.

Still doesn't mean it was legal.

Surely your J.D. made the distinction between breaking regs and ...

29-06-2016, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 01:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-06-2016 01:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  An opinion I think is shared by many here. An opinion that this German dude Vosur I used to know would share.

"Whose messages are these?"
"They're posts, baby."
"Whose posts are these?"
"Vosur's."
"Who's Vosur?"
"Vosur's dead, baby. Vosur's dead."

Wink

That was really good BrotherMan. Motherfuckin' brilliant even. Thumbsup

I see the meds haven't helped your hemorrhoids and itchy butthole. Takes a couple of weeks some times.

Oh. ..... And did you kill Freddie? 'Cause he's kinda like dead and shit.

29-06-2016, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 01:52 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
<edited after reading mod's comment>