Benghazi Scandal Fizzled To Nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 01:52 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
RE: Benghazi Scandal Fizzled To Nothing
<edited after reading mod's comments>
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 01:54 PM
(29-06-2016 01:49 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  <edited after reading mod's comments>

Big Grin Ol' Thump cut loose and had to bite his tongue subsequently Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
29-06-2016, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 02:01 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(29-06-2016 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:49 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  <edited after reading mod's comments>

Big Grin Ol' Thump cut loose and had to bite his tongue subsequently Tongue

Dom's point about bickering is spot-on. I don't want to take part in a process that ruins the forum for others. My posts didn't add anything to the topic.
29-06-2016, 02:02 PM
I do want to say this, though: Vosur, you need to stop using me as a bludgeon to attack others. Name-drop someone else, please. And promising to follow someone around to insult them .... that's just creepy.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
29-06-2016, 02:23 PM
(29-06-2016 12:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  She used her own server, which as a government employee (essentially) should be a big no no.

It is a big no no. But there are always exigent circumstances with can and do override regulations which occur more frequently than you might imagine for various reasons. I've experienced them. Using her own private server to conduct government business is actually a hell of a lot more secure than doing government business over her google account.

But she wasn't using Google. It's not like when Sarah Palin did her emails from her yahoo account about campaign strategy...although I believe she was governor of Alaska at the time and did conduct state business from that account -- which was dumb.

Using the government's server is probably best if you're trying to be transparent though, especially for classified documents and issues of national security.

When Obama first took office, he wanted to keep using his blackberry. The whitehouse wasn't sure if it was legal for him to do that. I do recall the discussion about it. At the time people didn't understand what the fuss was, but you really don't want the president discussing anything with another world leader on the phone that actually isn't being recorded.

Members of the government should have zero expectation of privacy while working because they are supposed to answer to us. That's why we have things like "freedom of information act". We, the people, need assurances that our elected officials aren't being assholes -- and by extension this applies to those they appoint to work with and speak for them.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-06-2016, 02:27 PM
(29-06-2016 01:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  <edited after reading mod's comment>
I read your posts before you removed them and was going to demonstrate why you're wrong, but you probably don't want me to respond to them now that you've deleted their content.

(29-06-2016 02:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I do want to say this, though: Vosur, you need to stop using me as a bludgeon to attack others. Name-drop someone else, please.
Sure, I can stop mentioning your name. There are plenty more to choose from, after all.

(29-06-2016 01:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  And promising to follow someone around to insult them .... that's just creepy.
Good thing I never promised to follow anyone around simply to insult them. That would be a made-up accusation.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-06-2016, 02:29 PM
(29-06-2016 02:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But she wasn't using Google.

That's my point.

(29-06-2016 02:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  When Obama first took office, he wanted to keep using his blackberry.

Huh? The federal government is the only reason Blackberry is still in business.

#sigh
29-06-2016, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 02:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-06-2016 02:27 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 02:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I do want to say this, though: Vosur, you need to stop using me as a bludgeon to attack others. Name-drop someone else, please.
Sure, I can stop mentioning your name. There are plenty more to choose from, after all.

ooooooo ooooooo ooooo ..... pick me ..... pick me. .... I always wanted to be a bludgeon if I couldn't be yokozuna.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-06-2016, 02:45 PM
(29-06-2016 12:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Some emails/files were allegedly deleted (which is problematic for a government official where a record is supposed to be kept for the sake of transparency).
Take this for what it is, a simple correction: There's nothing alleged about the fact that she deleted 30,000 of her e-mails (hardly what you would call "some") prior to handing her server over to the authorities. Hillary Clinton herself admitted to doing this.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-06-2016, 02:46 PM
(29-06-2016 02:27 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Good thing I never promised to follow anyone around simply to insult them. That would be a made-up accusation.

I'm content to let your words speak for themselves, and let the readership decide.

If you have an argument with her content, perhaps you can answer that without the insults? I've found that to not only be a good way to carry a point, but also endear myself to people with whom I disagree. After all, I don't see eye-to-eye with Heatheness about her support of Hillary myself, but because we don't use abusive language with each other, we're both able to better see the other's point.

It really is about adding more light than heat to the conversation.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post