Benghazi Scandal Fizzled To Nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Benghazi Scandal Fizzled To Nothing
(29-06-2016 02:45 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Some emails/files were allegedly deleted (which is problematic for a government official where a record is supposed to be kept for the sake of transparency).
Take this for what it is, a simple correction: There's nothing alleged about the fact that she deleted 30,000 of her e-mails (hardly what you would call "some") prior to handing her server over to the authorities. Hillary Clinton herself admitted to doing this.

Did I mention that my Government email account is limited to 4 Gb and I have to delete batches of emails regularly to still have email. I'm sure I did.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-06-2016, 02:55 PM
(29-06-2016 12:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Some emails/files were allegedly deleted (which is problematic for a government official where a record is supposed to be kept for the sake of transparency).
Take this for what it is, a simple correction: There's nothing alleged about the fact that she deleted 30,000 of her e-mails (hardly what you would call "some") prior to handing her server over to the authorities. Hillary Clinton herself admitted to doing this.

She even wiped it clean, like with a cloth.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
29-06-2016, 03:10 PM

Well, to be honest, I would have, too. Private conversations are private. I ALWAYS adhere to that with others and have no problems extending privacy to myself. Obviously she kept personal mails on her personal server. When I had a server, I kept personal emails as well as business mails there, too. I also downloaded personal mails to my computer and weeded it out there to keepers and irrelevant. (Because - memories) I cleaned the server of all of my personal mails periodically.

I don't see it as a biggie. Either you trust her, or you don't. Either you trust Trump, or you don't. And likely all of us trust one more than the other. I doubt any of us trust anyone in that monkey race unconditionally.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-06-2016, 03:17 PM
(29-06-2016 03:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 02:45 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Take this for what it is, a simple correction: There's nothing alleged about the fact that she deleted 30,000 of her e-mails (hardly what you would call "some") prior to handing her server over to the authorities. Hillary Clinton herself admitted to doing this.

Well, to be honest, I would have, too. Private conversations are private. I ALWAYS adhere to that with others and have no problems extending privacy to myself. Obviously she kept personal mails on her personal server. When I had a server, I kept personal emails as well as business mails there, too. I also downloaded personal mails to my computer and weeded it out there to keepers and irrelevant. (Because - memories) I cleaned the server of all of my personal mails periodically.

I don't see it as a biggie. Either you trust her, or you don't. Either you trust Trump, or you don't. And likely all of us trust one more than the other. I doubt any of us trust anyone in that monkey race unconditionally.

Well either way it might just fuck her right over, guess who is catching up?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-06-2016, 03:17 PM
I never had a problem running a couple of email accounts when needed. She got some bad advice or ignored some good advice, or a combination of both. It's not as if we have a choice here either. I don't trust her as she is a career politician.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
29-06-2016, 03:45 PM
(29-06-2016 03:17 PM)skyking Wrote:  I never had a problem running a couple of email accounts when needed. She got some bad advice or ignored some good advice, or a combination of both. It's not as if we have a choice here either. I don't trust her as she is a career politician.

Well, when you do most of your email on the run and don't sit down to do it in peace, using one account saves countless clicks on your phone when busy. I can see that because I have been there.

I don't trust career politicians either - I don't think you can operate in Washington at all without shenanigans. Definitely a strike against her in my book.

Since this thread is about her, I won't comment how I feel about the Donald, but I do worry more about him than her.

It's not gonna be perfect, no matter what.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
29-06-2016, 03:46 PM
(29-06-2016 03:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 02:45 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Take this for what it is, a simple correction: There's nothing alleged about the fact that she deleted 30,000 of her e-mails (hardly what you would call "some") prior to handing her server over to the authorities. Hillary Clinton herself admitted to doing this.

Good catch Vosur. Smile

@Dom

I think the problem for me, looking at a government official, that admitted they deleted emails, I'm just supposed to take her (or any official's) word they weren't important? We have a system in place so we shouldn't have to worry about trusting them that way. Their trust should be well demonstrated or it isn't.

I *want* to trust Clinton, but the laughing off of this issue as being nothing is troubling.

Like I said earlier, I don't need to read her pillow talk to Bill or her daughter or anyone else not related to her job, but.....someone (preferably impartial) else should have made the call they didn't belong and not her. Or better still not do it in the first place.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-06-2016, 03:49 PM
(29-06-2016 02:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Did I mention that my Government email account is limited to 4 Gb and I have to delete batches of emails regularly to still have email. I'm sure I did.

True and good point, but couldn't she or her staff, instead of deleting them transferred them to an external hard drive and download them to the government's servers where the data is stored?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-06-2016, 03:51 PM
(29-06-2016 02:46 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm content to let your words speak for themselves, and let the readership decide.
That's fine with me, but in that case you should quote the exact words you were referring to so that people can make a direct comparison between my words and your characterized version of them. Sounds fair?

(29-06-2016 02:46 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If you have an argument with her content, perhaps you can answer that without the insults? I've found that to not only be a good way to carry a point, but also endear myself to people with whom I disagree. After all, I don't see eye-to-eye with Heatheness about her support of Hillary myself, but because we don't use abusive language with each other, we're both able to better see the other's point.

It really is about adding more light than heat to the conversation.
I wish the solution were that simple. We had an argument or two about a completely different topic months before our interactions ceased to be cordial and the simple fact is that her conduct back then was no more honest or informed than it is now. I understand that it's difficult, if not outright impossible for you to admit this in public because she's your friend, but you have to realize that her numerous character flaws have been demonstrated at length over and over again. I would suggest you to go back to the first page of this very thread and look at the way she treated Lord Dark Helmet there. He asked her a question in an overall civil post and instead of answering it or responding to any of his points, she simply attacked him as a "nasty little troll."

(29-06-2016 02:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did I mention that my Government email account is limited to 4 Gb and I have to delete batches of emails regularly to still have email. I'm sure I did.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you trying to say the Federal Records Act is a poorly enforced law or that it doesn't apply to you? Hillary Clinton didn't delete 30,000 of her e-mails because she ran out of storage space in any case.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-06-2016, 03:52 PM
(29-06-2016 03:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 03:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, to be honest, I would have, too. Private conversations are private. I ALWAYS adhere to that with others and have no problems extending privacy to myself. Obviously she kept personal mails on her personal server. When I had a server, I kept personal emails as well as business mails there, too. I also downloaded personal mails to my computer and weeded it out there to keepers and irrelevant. (Because - memories) I cleaned the server of all of my personal mails periodically.

Good catch Vosur. Smile

@Dom

I think the problem for me, looking at a government official, that admitted they deleted emails, I'm just supposed to take her (or any official's) word they weren't important? We have a system in place so we shouldn't have to worry about trusting them that way. Their trust should be well demonstrated or it isn't.

I *want* to trust Clinton, but the laughing off of this issue as being nothing is troubling.

Like I said earlier, I don't need to read her pillow talk to Bill or her daughter or anyone else not related to her job, but.....someone (preferably impartial) else should have made the call they didn't belong and not her. Or better still not do it in the first place.

You know it would have leaked and given way to countless jokes, memes and attacks.... no one's private life is without lumps and bumps.

She should not have used her own server in the first place. I have no idea what safety feature and walls she may and may not have had, no one ever talked about that as far as I know.

If nothing else, it was stupid to use her own server. And yes, I don't trust career politicians in the first place.

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post