Bernie Sanders: Donald Trump Is 'A Fraud'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Bernie Sanders: Donald Trump Is 'A Fraud'
(07-02-2017 03:03 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 02:23 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  I guess I'm one of the silent majorities.
Ummm... Trump was elected with about 63 million votes out of a voting age population of about 232 million. That means he got just over one-quarter voter support. Hardly a majority, silent or otherwise.

(07-02-2017 02:23 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  I'm from Canada. DJT probably not good for us.
I'm from Canada too. No, not good for us, or Americans, or the rest of the world, having a petulant man-baby within reach of the nuclear football.
(07-02-2017 02:23 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  For Americans. I'm so happy. About time someone stood up for the corrupt HRC and left wingers in Washington.
I think you meant, "stood up against the corrupt HRC..." You'll get no defence of HRC from me but by any measure you wish to use she would be a far more effective President, with an even hand on the tiller, than the current Liar-In-Chief and his "alternative facts."
(07-02-2017 02:23 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  I personally hope we had a more people that ran in Canada that are non politicians.
I see this has already been addressed so I won't repeat the effort.
(07-02-2017 02:23 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  Maybe Kevin O'Leary will get in. Myself I hope it's Lisa Rait.
O'Leary's business record is dubious at best. Even those who worked with him on Dragon's Den think he'd be a disaster as PM.

From an article in the Globe and Mail:
Quote:Arlene Dickinson, his former sparring mate on Dragons’ Den is no fan either. She says he’s an opportunistic self-promoter who lacks compassion. “I don’t think it [a government led by him] would help the underprivileged,” she told the CBC. “I don’t think it would be a country that would represent the core values that we as Canadians adhere to.”
Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/k...e33916053/ (Note: The article may be behind a paywall. If you want the entire article, let me know and I'll copy/paste the whole thing in another thread.)

Personally, I'm with you on Raitt. I think she has a lot to learn but she's probably the most rational one next to Bernier. But she'll probably have to pay political homage to the right-wing extremists that hold such sway in the Conservative caucus (similar to what's happening with Patrick Brown in Ontario).

Yes meant to say stood up against. Should have Proofed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 05:51 PM
RE: Bernie Sanders: Donald Trump Is 'A Fraud'
(07-02-2017 12:51 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Bernie's still pissed - rightly so, I might add - that he was bushwhacked by power brokers inside the Dem party that needed a Hillary win to satisfy their SJW agenda.

Still, would rather have an HRC presidency than the current clusterfack that is the DJT one.

By what analysis do you connect the US's Democratic elite with a SJW agenda?

I get that said agenda (i.e. authoritarian egalitarianism) is becoming mainstream in Canada but in the US it still seems restricted to college students who will grow out of it when reality hits them after graduation.

And I'll stand by what I said before their election (or more accurately, 'selection') that its easier to overthrow a tyrant than it is to dismantle a plutocracy.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
07-02-2017, 06:27 PM
(07-02-2017 05:51 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 12:51 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Bernie's still pissed - rightly so, I might add - that he was bushwhacked by power brokers inside the Dem party that needed a Hillary win to satisfy their SJW agenda.

Still, would rather have an HRC presidency than the current clusterfack that is the DJT one.

By what analysis do you connect the US's Democratic elite with a SJW agenda?

Granted, I the only bit I know about the inner workings of the Democratic party comes from both the media and a friend's daughter who's a college student that was hired by the Clinton campaign. There was a whole hyper-feminism thing inside the party that was bent on Clinton both winning the nomination and the election regardless of the fact that it was even money that Bernie would beat Trump in the general. Those forces - this is how it comes to me, anyway - came together and hijacked Bernie's chances in the primaries.

All that said, I'm willing to be wrong on all of this because my sources are at arm's length.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
07-02-2017, 06:32 PM
(07-02-2017 02:23 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  I guess I'm one of the silent majorities. I'm from Canada. DJT probably not good for us. For Americans. I'm so happy. About time someone stood up for the corrupt HRC and left wingers in Washington. I personally hope we had a more people that ran in Canada that are non politicians. Maybe Kevin O'Leary will get in. Myself I hope it's Lisa Rait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By enabling the also corrupt right wingers? That really doesn't help anything. The foolish ideas that he would do something different to change that are already shown false.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-02-2017, 07:38 PM
(07-02-2017 06:27 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 05:51 PM)DLJ Wrote:  By what analysis do you connect the US's Democratic elite with a SJW agenda?

Granted, I the only bit I know about the inner workings of the Democratic party comes from both the media and a friend's daughter who's a college student that was hired by the Clinton campaign. There was a whole hyper-feminism thing inside the party that was bent on Clinton both winning the nomination and the election regardless of the fact that it was even money that Bernie would beat Trump in the general. Those forces - this is how it comes to me, anyway - came together and hijacked Bernie's chances in the primaries.

All that said, I'm willing to be wrong on all of this because my sources are at arm's length.

Ah, OK. Yes, the 'forces coming together' rationale makes more sense.

I got the impression from your earlier post that it was one force with one incentive.

My take is that the strongest Darwinian driver - survival (staying in power) - used another Darwinian driver - reciprocity (donations) - to create a force that co-opted yet another Darwinian driver - kin selection (identity politics) - that developed an immune system to protect itself from attack.

In other words, the SJW agenda was the rationale used by the supporting players to see no evil... i.e the evil of the plutocratic main players (pay-to-players).

And because this organism evolved slowly starting in the 70s/80s with Reagan's/Thatcher's democratisation of the shareholder system, those inside the cell membrane (the bubble) couldn't see it happening. Which is why no one is taking responsibility for it.

Consider

Serving suggestion:
Add Russians to taste.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-02-2017, 07:52 PM
(06-02-2017 04:27 PM)Ace Wrote:  

in other news water is wet

Well, looks like someone's got sand in their panties, must have really gotten burned when trump played the game better than he did, and burnie has had years to practice his game only to get outplayed by some gentile schmuck upstart.
07-02-2017, 10:16 PM
(07-02-2017 07:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  

Well, looks like someone's got sand in their panties, must have really gotten burned when trump played the game better than he did, and burnie has had years to practice his game only to get outplayed by some gentile schmuck upstart.

Interesting comment.

Yes, in hindsight, Bernie should have run as a 'new-Lincoln' Republican and tapped into the anti-establishment vote on both sides.

It's hard to get data on how much of an effect the promotion of Trump by Clinton's team had but the CNN-empty-podium approach didn't hurt.

It's also hard to pick out the not-Clinton vote from the pro-Trump vote but I have no doubt that the former was more significant.

Never mind though, only 1,365 days to go and then the only question is ... Who will harvest the grapes of wrath?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-02-2017, 10:42 PM
(07-02-2017 10:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 07:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Well, looks like someone's got sand in their panties, must have really gotten burned when trump played the game better than he did, and burnie has had years to practice his game only to get outplayed by some gentile schmuck upstart.

Interesting comment.

Yes, in hindsight, Bernie should have run as a 'new-Lincoln' Republican and tapped into the anti-establishment vote on both sides.

It's hard to get data on how much of an effect the promotion of Trump by Clinton's team had but the CNN-empty-podium approach didn't hurt.

It's also hard to pick out the not-Clinton vote from the pro-Trump vote but I have no doubt that the former was more significant.

Never mind though, only 1,365 days to go and then the only question is ... Who will harvest the grapes of wrath?

Oh most definitely, the 'not clinton vote' certainly won it for him. Literally the Republicans could have picked anyone and they'd have won with the way Clinton went about her campaign and the very well timed propaganda about Benghazi and leaked emails lost her a lot of support. Which I am certain Russia at least had a small part to play in all of that, Putin has become increasingly good in the war of propaganda.

And it might actually be closer to 2,900 days left, I mean he might get a second term. I mean if Bush r could do it anyone can.
08-02-2017, 10:26 AM
(07-02-2017 02:54 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  What's a politician. Just a bullshitter who can get people behind them. None of them had any real experience to go into politics. [...]

Are you apparently suggesting that a dyslexic real estate salesman and games show host, who's never held any public position, makes a better POTUS than a career politician who's a former Senator and a former Secretary of State?

Seriously? Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
08-02-2017, 11:11 AM

While he is saying the truth, I think it's time we started viewing Trump in his proper context as a proxy for Republicans. They are with him lockstep. It is Republicans, not just Donald Trump. Republicans are Donald Trump.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg