Bernie Sanders: "When you're white, you don't know what it's like to be poor"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2016, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 12:07 PM by yakherder.)
RE: Bernie Sanders: "When you're white, you don't know what it's like to be poor"
I don't think Bernie knows any more about poverty than he does about policing. But at this point even the smartass, restless, chaos and instability seeking part of me is starting to get more weary of Trump (though more because of his potential to affect public relations than because I think he will actually accomplish any of his bullshit ideas), and I despise Hillary... So I guess if this is what it takes to win over the voters who actually believe he has a clue of how to tackle the problems he's identifying, so be it.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-03-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: Bernie Sanders: "When you're white, you don't know what it's like to be poor"
(07-03-2016 10:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 09:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Wasn't that the very point that Vosur was making (in a earlier thread) about some of Trump's comments?
TIL that literally quoting the man in the title as far as the character limit allows (complain to DeepThought about that) constitutes "interpreting." I didn't say a single word about my views regarding this video. Consider

Your topic length isn't an issue. You did not supply any context -- obviously this was in reply to a question, what was it? Was about the color of green tea or was the question about racism or something else? Consider

Your lack of context and non voicing your opinion spanks of click bait. Same shit that appears on Facebook a million times a day. Things like, "two people meet on the street and you won't believe what happens next."

Which while not against the rules is generally frowned upon.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-03-2016, 12:49 PM
(07-03-2016 12:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Your topic length isn't an issue. You did not supply any context -- obviously this was in reply to a question, what was it? Was about the color of green tea or was the question about racism or something else? Consider
How did you manage to miss the question? It's on-screen for literally the entire duration of the video. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
07-03-2016, 05:34 PM
(07-03-2016 12:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  ...
How did you manage to miss the question? It's on-screen for literally the entire duration of the video. Dodgy

Oh wow! I completely did miss that!

Is this a misfiring of the skill I have evolved that tunes out on-screen insert ads?

What an ironic question though. When it comes equaity, skin-tone colour-blindness is supposed to be a good thing, isn't it?

Consider

07-03-2016, 06:11 PM
(07-03-2016 12:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 12:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Your topic length isn't an issue. You did not supply any context -- obviously this was in reply to a question, what was it? Was about the color of green tea or was the question about racism or something else? Consider

What? You know that doesn't mean that WAS the question.

Just like your quote is literally not something said. It's not "literally quoting the man in the title" because it just isn't literally that.

Do you watch these channels more than before or politics. They don't always nor often put the exact question asked on screen they make up an assumptional summarization of the question or idea being at hand. Which doesn't always equate the same thing. When you segment information in clips that video clip creators do, you don't have a full reason to trust cnn's ticker line.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-03-2016, 08:52 PM
(07-03-2016 05:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Oh wow! I completely did miss that!

Is this a misfiring of the skill I have evolved that tunes out on-screen insert ads?

All that was missing was the little X in the corner of the bar. It's funny how you'd look at it on a TV and try to close it on a PC without reading it.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
07-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Quote taken out of context....he never said the thread quote directly, but mentioned that as part of a list of living in a ghetto, being poor, and living in fear of harassment by the police. That's how I took his comments, and I'm no Bernie fan.
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post
07-03-2016, 11:10 PM
While other candidates can have their say, I can tell you that I really know what poverty is like. When one has to go into the trash cans after school lets out to get more to eat, and again on the weekend to get the rest, and if one has to go dumpster diving behind the grocery store to help mom get food for one's family, one would know what I mean. If you've not had to do that, you can piss off. BTW, I'm white. I sure as fuck know what poverty looks like. And I still sure as fuck ain't voting for that mother fucking lying spoiled sack of shit Trump who claims that he "only had $1M" on his 18th birthday.
[+] 5 users Like Fireball's post
08-03-2016, 12:10 AM
I watched the video and I agree with Bernie. White people are poor and experience poverty but they still have the advantage of being white which brings with it a slight glimmer of hope and opportunities that are often unavailable to black people. To be poor is one thing, but to be black and poor with the added burden of racism is another ballgame.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-03-2016, 12:20 AM
(07-03-2016 06:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What? You know that doesn't mean that WAS the question.

[...]

Do you watch these channels more than before or politics. They don't always nor often put the exact question asked on screen they make up an assumptional summarization of the question or idea being at hand. Which doesn't always equate the same thing. When you segment information in clips that video clip creators do, you don't have a full reason to trust cnn's ticker line.
Yeah, except in this case, it was a verbatim quote, not an 'assumptional summarization'. Watch.

(07-03-2016 06:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Just like your quote is literally not something said. It's not "literally quoting the man in the title" because it just isn't literally that.
Are you disputing that Bernie Sanders said "When you're white, you don't know what it's like to be poor"? Because we have video evidence that he said just that. I would have included the full quote where he mentions the part about ghettos in the title, but like I said, it's not my fault that DeepThought put such a strict character limit on thread titles. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post