Bernie Supporters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: Bernie Supporters
(18-05-2016 08:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 08:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Bernie Supporters"

He can buy his own underwear.
I hope Hillary will make him VP ... huge win.

Do you think she actually would?

One of my fb friends said the only way she'd win is if her running mate was Bill.

I'm not sure it would be constitutional to use Bill, he can't be President again.
I don't think he wants it. (Maybe they can skip over him).

I'm really pissed about the Kelly interview last night, when she soft-balled every thing and actually participated in Trump's rehabilitation. Totally unethical.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...a-darling/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-05-2016, 09:10 PM
(18-05-2016 08:55 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 08:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Do you think she actually would?

One of my fb friends said the only way she'd win is if her running mate was Bill.

Could Bill be VP since he was a two term president? Being a heartbeat away from the presidency might be a no no.

It might be a total of 10 years or something. Johnson could have run a second time. After Kennedy.

I don't know if the reverse is possible.

I would imagine that if she died, he could technically finish her term, but he couldn't run for reelection.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-05-2016, 09:13 PM
(18-05-2016 09:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 08:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Do you think she actually would?

I'm not sure it would be constitutional to use Bill, he can't be President again.
I don't think he wants it. (Maybe they can skip over him).

I'm really pissed about the Kelly interview last night, when she soft-balled every thing and actually participated in Trump's rehabilitation. Totally unethical.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...a-darling/

I remember a discussion in a political science class in college that Nixon could have been legally tapped as a VP, because he hadn't served more than 10 years.

I read that article this afternoon. Sad

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-05-2016, 09:15 PM
(18-05-2016 08:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 08:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Bernie Supporters"

He can buy his own underwear.
I hope Hillary will make him VP ... huge win.

Do you think she actually would?

That would crush her. She needs to make a play for the huge part of the party she has been pissing off and there are only 2 running mates that do that 1 is Sanders and I am fairly certain that bridge is burnt bombed nuked and then burnt again. The other (ad she is said to be interested) is Elizabeth Warren, it would be a bone to progressives and would make an all woman ticket.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-05-2016, 09:20 PM
(18-05-2016 09:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

That would crush her. She needs to make a play for the huge part of the party she has been pissing off and there are only 2 running mates that do that 1 is Sanders and I am fairly certain that bridge is burnt bombed nuked and then burnt again. The other (ad she is said to be interested) is Elizabeth Warren, it would be a bone to progressives and would make an all woman ticket.

Daydream scenario:

Clinton picks Warren.
FBI investigation shames Clinton into stepping down.
Warren steps up.
Warren picks Sanders as VP.

Then I'll be able to say "Welcome USA, to 20th century politics".

Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
18-05-2016, 09:27 PM
(18-05-2016 09:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 09:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That would crush her. She needs to make a play for the huge part of the party she has been pissing off and there are only 2 running mates that do that 1 is Sanders and I am fairly certain that bridge is burnt bombed nuked and then burnt again. The other (ad she is said to be interested) is Elizabeth Warren, it would be a bone to progressives and would make an all woman ticket.

Daydream scenario:

Clinton picks Warren.
FBI investigation shames Clinton into stepping down.
Warren steps up.
Warren picks Sanders as VP.

Then I'll be able to say "Welcome USA, to 20th century politics".

Big Grin

And here's the cabinet. Angel

[Image: 220px-2007TaipeiITMonth_ChineseGamer_HeiSeHuiMeiMei.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-05-2016, 10:06 PM
(18-05-2016 07:42 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Essentially there is no difference between Trump and Sanders. Neither has a chance in hell of getting their campaign promises through congress.

I laugh my ass off when some Bernie fan claims that he is not beholden to special interests. You see, he has to deal with a congress which is.

I prefer reality to fantasy. That's why I am an atheist.

But that's not what is important about this election.

What is important is the mobilising of the next generations into politically aware voters ... and future Congress-persons.

We're seeing a rise of an authoritarian left (regressive campuses) and of the authoritarian right who are being marginalised by e.g. atheism.

Will the conservatives (Clintonesque Dems and moderate Reps) reform under a Dem or Rep banner?
Will the centre-left (Sanders, Warren, Franken) unify under a Dem or Independant banner?

If so, can these new forces keep the authoritarian left and right in check?

And if they don't, will we see people rally around the extremes and another Spanish Civil War?

Maybe in the long term that could produce something even better. After all, all the ingredients for a New Enlightenment are coinciding.

Consider

19-05-2016, 04:31 AM
hillary campaign paid $1 million to online trolls to promote hillary and attack her opposition in social media
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
19-05-2016, 04:52 AM
If I lived in America I would totally vote for Bernie all the way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvieTheTurtle's post
19-05-2016, 06:40 AM
In one of his ads, Sanders mentioned a rigged economy. What is a rigged economy? Was he referring to Sam Walton, Jack Taylor, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos or was he referring to Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse? With Sanders being a clone of my economics professor, I suspect all of them.

A very small percentage of the population uses the medical system on any given day. However, 100% eats something. So, why not free food? I think it would be really neat to take a cart into Costco and leave with a pile of meat and vegetables, or walking into Cal Tech and leaving with a degree in Electrical Engineering, all for free.

That is some pretty cool economics right there.