Bernie Supporters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2016 10:19 AM by Adrianime.)
RE: Bernie Supporters
(19-05-2016 10:08 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 04:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The republicans seem to be stunned into silence.

Censored from what I heard. Apparently Facebook is removing conservative view points(and yes many are stupid, they are conservatives, but still free speech)
And you believe this? Consider

Also (as an aside): Free speech = no jail for saying what you think. Free speech != No business can prohibit you from saying what you think within their product/business space.

Quick n easy read: http://jezebel.com/5985635/an-idiots-gui...ree-speech

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2016, 10:19 AM
(19-05-2016 10:13 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 10:08 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Censored from what I heard. Apparently Facebook is removing conservative view points(and yes many are stupid, they are conservatives, but still free speech)

Also (as an aside): Free speech = no jail for saying what you think. Free speech != No business can prohibit you from saying what you think within their product/business space.

I said from what I heard and apparently for a reason. I don't accept it yet because I want to look into it.

Also having a different opinion shouldn't get you censored anyway. if kill all men doesn't get you off social media, so shouldn't calling obama a communist.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
19-05-2016, 10:24 AM
(19-05-2016 10:08 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 04:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The republicans seem to be stunned into silence.

Censored from what I heard. Apparently Facebook is removing conservative view points(and yes many are stupid, they are conservatives, but still free speech)

I just looked and many of the groups my conservative friends follow are totally still there. They're still just as hateful and crappy as ever.

I do know that people are reporting posts more often -- but I don't know if there are a group of organized people actively doing this on purpose to silence anyone.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Facebook had been intentionally manipulating topic feeds already, they wanna give folks that will bite controversy so they'll give em conservative if that makes more hits.

It's not getting saying off.. it's changing what shows up more often

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
19-05-2016, 10:36 AM
(19-05-2016 10:13 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 10:08 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Censored from what I heard. Apparently Facebook is removing conservative view points(and yes many are stupid, they are conservatives, but still free speech)

Late but I want to respond to your source. It gets it right for the most part however should someone be censored for an opinion? If a conservative said something and it offends people and they post a source for data, should it be refuted or removed? Because if you remove it, it speaks volumes about your own position, not theirs. Also the websites starts off with a strawman by first going

Quote:Bros/MRAs/bigots/internet commenters/

I know the said the population at large, but the fact they listed these instead of just saying people of the internet and leaving out any name says a lot.

Next they list the examples Criticism,Shame,The Right to Anonymity, Mockery, that no conservative, MRA, dude bro, or even biogots disagree with even if they don't like it. Also consequences is a mixed bag. Not because I disagree with it, but because of what is considered offensive. Germany and facebook have censored anti-immigration stances for the "refugees" and now germany(and other parts of europe) are in trouble because they let the wrong group in(not refugees, but those riding on the name of refugee). So yes if the facebook censoring thing is true, and they are censoring conservatives, it speaks volumes of liberal ideas(or any ideas of those against conservatives in general) So in short refute, not censor.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
19-05-2016, 10:39 AM
(19-05-2016 10:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I just looked and many of the groups my conservative friends follow are totally still there. They're still just as hateful and crappy as ever.

I do know that people are reporting posts more often -- but I don't know if there are a group of organized people actively doing this on purpose to silence anyone.

It would make sense for people censoring conservative pages they don't like. Yet again I wouldn't be surprised if it was conservatives taking it to far. And easily so because there have been problems with the whole facebook trump thing. You know how conservatives are.

19-05-2016, 10:43 AM
(19-05-2016 10:36 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 10:13 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  And you believe this? Consider

Late but I want to respond to your source. It gets it right for the most part however should someone be censored for an opinion? If a conservative said something and it offends people and they post a source for data, should it be refuted or removed? Because if you remove it, it speaks volumes about your own position, not theirs. Also the websites starts off with a strawman by first going

Quote:Bros/MRAs/bigots/internet commenters/

I know the said the population at large, but the fact they listed these instead of just saying people of the internet and leaving out any name says a lot.

Next they list the examples Criticism,Shame,The Right to Anonymity, Mockery, that no conservative, MRA, dude bro, or even biogots disagree with even if they don't like it. Also consequences is a mixed bag. Not because I disagree with it, but because of what is considered offensive. Germany and facebook have censored anti-immigration stances for the "refugees" and now germany(and other parts of europe) are in trouble because they let the wrong group in(not refugees, but those riding on the name of refugee). So yes if the facebook censoring thing is true, and they are censoring conservatives, it speaks volumes of liberal ideas(or any ideas of those against conservatives in general) So in short refute, not censor.
I support any private institution's right (including this website) to have their own rules and regulations as far as internal/client speech or dress code go. I don't consider it censorship to be told to follow the rules that have been laid out or for a site to delete or refuse to post a comment that is at odds with either their rules or their vision. Sure at times it can be a crappy thing to do, but either way it is their right, and I maintain that if you don't like it, you can go elsewhere.

(that's a general "you" not specifically referring to you.)

19-05-2016, 10:51 AM
(19-05-2016 09:14 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 04:31 AM)Ace Wrote:  hillary campaign paid $1 million to online trolls to promote hillary and attack her opposition in social media

Did she admit it? Big Grin
No, because it was a Clinton (Super) PAC that did this.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...ebook.html
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-cl...story.html

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
19-05-2016, 10:55 AM
(19-05-2016 10:43 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I support any private institution's right (including this website) to have their own rules and regulations as far as internal/client speech or dress code go.

So do I, so we agree.

(19-05-2016 10:43 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I don't consider it censorship to be told to follow the rules that have been laid out or for a site to delete or refuse to post a comment that is at odds with either their rules or their vision.

Again facebook is just a social media website were only the worst kinds of speech should be censored. If kill all men is okay then so are pages making fun of liberals.

(19-05-2016 10:43 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Sure at times it can be a crappy thing to do, but either way it is their right, and I maintain that if you don't like it, you can go elsewhere.

They can, but they is a big dent in facebook. There is a reason why trying to make sure conservatives stay on facebook by saying they can say what they want too. So if you want to be or let people go censoring people for facts(or potential facts depending on where you stand) instead of refuting it.
(19-05-2016 10:43 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  (that's a general "you" not specifically referring to you.)

I know, don't worry I can't be upset.

19-05-2016, 10:57 AM
I also don't believe that facebook has been using political motivation to delete people's posts Tongue.