Bernie suffers a humiliating loss in South Carolina

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
29-02-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: Bernie suffers a humiliating loss in South Carolina
I'd just like to announce that I find the term dick offensive to my sense of gender identity, and its continued use threatens to penetrate the protective bubble in which my feelings are stored.

Heh... Penetrate. Heh heh...

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
29-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Bernie suffers a humiliating loss in South Carolina
Bernie is feeling the Bern.
29-02-2016, 08:36 PM
(29-02-2016 01:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 01:15 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  My point wasn't that my opinion has more weight than theirs. My point is that my opinion has more weight than yours, and no matter who you pick to give voice to your opinions, it doesn't matter, because you don't have the personal experience to assess the validity of this or that talking head's views.
It doesn't take personal experience to assess the validity of a political prediction; one need only look at the polling and voting results in the primaries to see if they turned out to be right.

I wonder, are you confident enough in your prediction that you'd bet cash on it? Are you, in other words, willing to put your money where your mouth is? Consider
How does that reflect or shift ones confidence?

Just more weird concepts I don't quite get

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
01-03-2016, 12:53 AM
(29-02-2016 01:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It doesn't take personal experience to assess the validity of a political prediction; one need only look at the polling and voting results in the primaries to see if they turned out to be right.

[Image: 500x281]

(29-02-2016 01:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I wonder, are you confident enough in your prediction that you'd bet cash on it? Are you, in other words, willing to put your money where your mouth is? Consider

Actually, I have already, thanks.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-03-2016, 12:55 AM
(29-02-2016 01:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  So.....are we done with the whos dick is bigger game?

I don't know ... what are you packing? Big Grin
01-03-2016, 01:19 AM
(29-02-2016 10:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 10:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  The thing is... Vosur... is the last person I would ever expect... he's an intelligent guy.
So are you. No sarcasm. Tongue

Sorry for being so abrasive lately, I've just been kind of on edge and lost my temper.

Hehe. It's OK. Everyone does this occasionally. Everyone... goes off the handle. Temper is good IMO. It shows there's passion. It also reminds us that we're human, that as much as we like to think we're rational, if someone pushes the right button there's a red mist that descends and we wake up and everyone has axe wounds.

Don't dig too big a hole for yourself old bean. Politics is one thing, but you're gonna have to come up for air at some point. It's transient anyway. If Trump wins, well, the world will muddle along somehow. If he loses... he'll be irrelevant. It's not worth getting too heated about, especially among friends.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-03-2016, 01:31 AM
(29-02-2016 01:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  So.....are we done with the whos dick is bigger game?

dick is love
dick is life

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2016, 01:44 AM
(01-03-2016 01:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hehe. It's OK. Everyone does this occasionally. Everyone... goes off the handle. Temper is good IMO. It shows there's passion. It also reminds us that we're human, that as much as we like to think we're rational, if someone pushes the right button there's a red mist that descends and we wake up and everyone has axe wounds.

Don't dig too big a hole for yourself old bean. Politics is one thing, but you're gonna have to come up for air at some point. It's transient anyway. If Trump wins, well, the world will muddle along somehow. If he loses... he'll be irrelevant. It's not worth getting too heated about, especially among friends.
To be honest, I feel like it should be a given that someone from a country like Germany where nationalism is frowned upon by the head of state and equated to Nazism by other countries would find an unabashed nationalist so appealing. Big Grin

Anyway, it's probably for the best if I take a break from talking about politics for a while.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
01-03-2016, 02:27 AM
(01-03-2016 01:44 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Anyway, it's probably for the best if I take a break from talking about politics for a while.

Ya think? Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-03-2016, 07:54 AM
(27-02-2016 08:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Good to see the constructive feedback flowing.
Please, explain to us non-Americans how the obvious best candidate isn't going to win.

Please explain to us Americans how Bernie is the best candidate. I can agree that he seems to be the nicest, and perhaps most kind hearted, but then again so is the old lady across the street. He's more dew-eyed than realistic. His model for America based on country that's 2/100th of the size, with variety of factors that don't carry over. He's more a dreamer, than a viable candidate.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post