Best Christian music

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: Best Christian music
(24-04-2012 12:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I haven't mentioned them because I haven't heard of them. Tongue

Here are the bands and artists that contributed to the soundtrack of my Christian Youth and Young Adult years:
Larry Norman
Randy Stonehill
Resurrection Band
Servant
Petra
The 77's
Keith Green
Love Song
Jars of Clay
DC Talk
Stryper
To some lesser extent:
Michael W. Smith
Amy Grant
The Imperials

Shocking
I'm sorry Erx. Weeping

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
27-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Christian rock music makes my ears bleed. Reggae/dub is much better Thumbsup

Rastafarianism is the best form of Christianity because of the music it has influenced imo.
[+] 1 user Likes Dub_freak's post
27-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Other than Handel's Messiah, Good Christian music is a Oxymoron!

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
30-04-2012, 04:18 AM
YES! Finally, some dubbists came to the forum. Yeah, Christian rock sucks, dub is the best!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-04-2012, 02:52 PM
(27-04-2012 04:31 PM)Dub_freak Wrote:  Christian rock music makes my ears bleed. Reggae/dub is much better Thumbsup

While I agree that dub is much better (not a Reggae fan personally, but some dub/electronic with Reggae flavors can be really good), I'm curious about "Christian rock music makes my ears bleed"... why? There are some good artists out there whose only faults are having faith, not swearing, and sometimes writing a few songs about worship. But some of their music can still be really good- artistically and technically. Would it be better to say that rock music makes your ears bleed?

Personally, I don't seek out new Christian artists anymore, but I still listen to Blindside and Chevelle pretty regularly. I like their music. Hell, some of the new Christian stuff these days sounds way better than the current new rock shit that's being put out there. Every time I put on my local rock station, if I happen to catch something new it sounds like shit. Seriously it sounds like they puked up some regurgitated Nickleback, and Nickleback is shit from the start. But, then again- maybe my local rock station just sucks at finding new music. They're all too busy trying to sound like they're the shit and you should come down to the local bar [sponsor] and hang out with them.

Hmm... I'm just not a fan of the whole music scene in general these days I guess. Give me my winamp and all my old music and a rocking chair and "fuck off", 99X. Evil_monster

30-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Viva La Vida - Coldplay? Huh

I don't think there are a Christian Band but the lyrics sounds like Jesus' life

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post
13-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I find that I tend to only like one or two albums by bands, but fwiw here are some Christian metal/heavier albums I've liked over the years (and still own)...

As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us
Becoming the Archetype - Celestial Completion
Believer - Gabriel
Betrayal - The Passing
Deliverance - Deliverance
Six Feet Deep - The Road Less Traveled
Stryper - To Hell With the Devil (yeah, I said it)
Tourniquet - everything they've put out
Underoath - Act of Depression, They're Only Chasing Safety, and Define the Great Line
Whitecross - Equilibrium
17-06-2012, 10:31 AM
I like listening to 'The rocket Summer' & Matthew West - Story of your life [album] minus 5 heavily religiously worded songs.
27-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm disappointed in this topic, the only correct answer is P.O.D. all others will be burned at the stake, especially those pop sounding "christian metalcore" bands.
[+] 1 user Likes That One Guy's post
27-06-2012, 04:20 PM
(27-06-2012 04:17 PM)That One Guy Wrote:  I'm disappointed in this topic, the only correct answer is P.O.D. all others will be burned at the stake, especially those pop sounding "christian metalcore" bands.

P.O.D. was pretty good. I used to really like their stuff back in the day. But I can't really listen to it now. I can still listen to Blindside though. And Chevelle- they're awesome. Don't know if they're still "Christian" or not, but they started out on a Christan label.