Best Damned Dogs I Ever Had...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2014, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 10:35 PM by Im_Ryan.)
Best Damned Dogs I Ever Had...
RIP Claire and Jake, you were the best damned dogs I ever had. I wish I could've been there for you guys, I'm sorry I wasn't.

When I was younger my mother and stepfather bought two boxers. We bought Claire first, then Jake as a pup. We noticed almost right away that Jake wasn't quite all there. He was a little slow, but one of the most loveable dogs you'd ever meet. When they first met each other they were instant friends. Claire was the brains, and Jake (when he got older of course) was the brawn. They were inseparable.
Fast forward a few years and my family had to move. We couldn't bring the dogs. We ended up selling them (together) to a new home. The owner was great and had a nice house with a big yard, so we knew they'd be happy. I think I was around 10 years old at the time, I remember balling my eyes out. I never forgot those dogs, all the funny stories and good times we shared. Looking back, they were great with kids. Never got mad or rough housed with me or my sister, but my stepdad would come out bleeding every time he played with them Laugh out load
Fast forward about a decade, to today. My mom just told me they passed away. Claire had gotten real sick, and in her old age couldn't make it. Jake just shut down. Stopped eating, stopped playing, just wasn't himself. The new owner took him to the vet and found out his organs were failing. The vet couldn't find a cause. They put him to sleep a week later. He just couldn't live without Claire.

[Image: 5c601670-be79-4756-8536-14cb0bfef261_zpsfc979774.jpg]
Good bye old friends, more than one tear will be shed tonight.

For anyone who wants to see a little more, I put up a few pictures here in a slideshow. I only have pictures of when they were young, I'm going to try and contact the new owner later and get some more recent pictures.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Im_Ryan's post
15-02-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Best Damned Dogs I Ever Had...
Heart Hug

sorry your heart is hurting for the pups you love and miss.

dogs…..we don't own them, they own us.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-02-2014, 10:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the expression goes "Brawn" and not "Bronze"
Merriam webster: Brawn (noun) 2. Full strong muscles.
I am pretty empathetic for you right now.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
15-02-2014, 10:36 PM
(15-02-2014 10:33 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the expression goes "Brawn" and not "Bronze"

Yeah you're right. I fixed it. I'm on my laptop right now, normally my phone's autocorrect would've caught that. Not really focused on my grammar at the moment.

Also, this may be filed under Personal Issues. Mods feel free to move this thread if that's the case.

Atir aissom atir imon
15-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Very sorry to hear. Lots of animal lovers here that will feel the loss with you. Hugs.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
15-02-2014, 10:37 PM
(15-02-2014 10:32 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Heart Hug

sorry your heart is hurting for the pups you love and miss.

dogs…..we don't own them, they own us.

This.
This is true.

Atir aissom atir imon
15-02-2014, 10:44 PM
(15-02-2014 10:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Very sorry to hear. Lots of animal lovers here that will feel the loss with you. Hugs.

Thank you.

Atir aissom atir imon
15-02-2014, 10:54 PM
I know the feel. There was a dog I got as a puppy in 2001; he was THE best dog I've ever owned. In late 2012, I was late to pick my brother up to take him to school and I bolted past my dog who was laying on the front porch. He seemed a little "off" but I was late and didn't think much of it. When I got home, he was laying still and his eyes were sunken into his head. He was experiencing his last moments of life as I rushed past without petting him and died while I was away.

Jack was his name. A huge, grizzly bear of a German Shepherd. Loved all my girlfriends and they loved him. A big teddy-bear until the day he died. I buried him listening to one of the TTA podcasts. I'll never forget it.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
15-02-2014, 11:08 PM
(15-02-2014 10:36 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 10:33 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the expression goes "Brawn" and not "Bronze"

Yeah you're right. I fixed it. I'm on my laptop right now, normally my phone's autocorrect would've caught that. Not really focused on my grammar at the moment.

Also, this may be filed under Personal Issues. Mods feel free to move this thread if that's the case.

Autocorrect wouldn't fix it. Bronze itself is a different word. Just saying. I wish you the best of times. Smile

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
15-02-2014, 11:19 PM
(15-02-2014 11:08 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 10:36 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Yeah you're right. I fixed it. I'm on my laptop right now, normally my phone's autocorrect would've caught that. Not really focused on my grammar at the moment.

Autocorrect wouldn't fix it. Bronze itself is a different word. Just saying. I wish you the best of times. Smile

Android Swype auto correct to be precise. It knows phrases as well as words. It doesn't correct me, but auto generates the next word on my keyboard for me to "swype" into the sentence. I don't even need to think about it.

And thank you.

Atir aissom atir imon