Best Damned Dogs I Ever Had...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: Best Damned Dogs I Ever Had...
(15-02-2014 10:54 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I know the feel. There was a dog I got as a puppy in 2001; he was THE best dog I've ever owned. In late 2012, I was late to pick my brother up to take him to school and I bolted past my dog who was laying on the front porch. He seemed a little "off" but I was late and didn't think much of it. When I got home, he was laying still and his eyes were sunken into his head. He was experiencing his last moments of life as I rushed past without petting him and died while I was away.

Jack was his name. A huge, grizzly bear of a German Shepherd. Loved all my girlfriends and they loved him. A big teddy-bear until the day he died. I buried him listening to one of the TTA podcasts. I'll never forget it.

That's hard. At least you were there. I hadn't seen my dogs in a decade... doesn't make it any less difficult surprisingly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2014, 11:21 PM
(15-02-2014 11:19 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 11:08 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Autocorrect wouldn't fix it. Bronze itself is a different word. Just saying. I wish you the best of times. Smile

Android Swype auto correct to be precise. It knows phrases as well as words. It doesn't correct me, but auto generates the next word on my keyboard for me to "swype" into the sentence. I don't even need to think about it.

And thank you.

Oooh. Sounds neat. Does it learn phrases, have a learning algorithm, or something else?

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
15-02-2014, 11:28 PM
(15-02-2014 11:21 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 11:19 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Android Swype auto correct to be precise. It knows phrases as well as words. It doesn't correct me, but auto generates the next word on my keyboard for me to "swype" into the sentence. I don't even need to think about it.

And thank you.

Oooh. Sounds neat. Does it learn phrases, have a learning algorithm, or something else?

Yes I believe so. I don't use the native Swype, but a third party application. You can see the official video here. Though it is a little cheesy, the program itself is very good. I average typing about 200-300 characters a minute.
15-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Awwww now I'm all weepy. I'm sorry sweetie...dogs are really special. Heart Hug

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

15-02-2014, 11:33 PM
(15-02-2014 11:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Awwww now I'm all weepy. I'm sorry sweetie...dogs are really special. Heart Hug

Hug Sad
16-02-2014, 12:33 AM
I'm so sorry Ryan, I've had to deal with putting down five cats in my life so far. It's never easy losing a pet, even if you haven't seen them in a while Sad Hug

People used to laugh at me when I would say "I want to be a comedian". Well nobody is laughing now!

You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.
16-02-2014, 12:55 AM
(16-02-2014 12:33 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm so sorry Ryan, I've had to deal with putting down five cats in my life so far. It's never easy losing a pet, even if you haven't seen them in a while Sad Hug

Hug
16-02-2014, 07:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear this Ryan, go ahead and have a good cry, I still do everytime one of my "best friends" pass away.

I have memories that still haunt me about some of my "kids", I loved them all, but certainly had my favorites. Try to remember the good times !

Hug

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
16-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Dogs are gods, just spelled backwards. Only thing wrong with them is that their life span is so much shorter than ours.

Sorry your buddies are gone. Hopefully soon you will have your own place and have a dog again... they are the best companions!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-02-2014, 10:31 AM
(16-02-2014 07:59 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I'm sorry to hear this Ryan, go ahead and have a good cry, I still do everytime one of my "best friends" pass away.

I have memories that still haunt me about some of my "kids", I loved them all, but certainly had my favorites. Try to remember the good times !

Hug

Yeah I am, I think it's a little harder since I was younger. I don't remember as much as, say my uncle's dog (the new family favorite).
But it's a new day and I'm feeling better, thanks for the support.