Best Damned Dogs I Ever Had...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: Best Damned Dogs I Ever Had...
(16-02-2014 08:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Dogs are gods, just spelled backwards. Only thing wrong with them is that their life span is so much shorter than ours.

Sorry your buddies are gone. Hopefully soon you will have your own place and have a dog again... they are the best companions!

Totally agree.
I can't help but think of when Coco (my uncle's sweetheart of a chocolate lab) passes. She is literally my aunt and uncles spoiled child and the family's favorite. It's going to be so rough...

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Throughout your life's time, you may have many dogs. But you can only have 1 forever dog, I call them. The one dog that makes your life better when they are simply in the room. The dog that you feel bonded to in personality and temperament. This dog connects with you more closely than most people and you instinctively know what the other is thinking. As long as you live, you will never forget this dog.

My forever dog is 7 and my eyes well up whenever I even remotely contemplate his inevitable passing. I can't even type this without a tear trickle down my cheek.

I don't even have to speak to him. He knows what I want, and I know what he wants. I love him as though he is my own son.

I am so sorry you are missing your forever dog. Maybe you will meet another pup that will fit you half as well as they did. And when you find one, live in a cardboard box before you give them up.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
17-02-2014, 08:54 PM
(17-02-2014 06:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  And when you find one, live in a cardboard box before you give them up.

So true.

Atir aissom atir imon
19-02-2014, 11:19 AM
So sorry, they leave such an empty hole when they finally go. Our lab "Bear" died on my wifes birthday last summer, and we still painfully miss him. He was my wifes first, and forever dog so she cannot even imagine quite yet getting another (we will this year hopefully). Such a gentle soul that had all the traits we wish most humans would have.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
19-02-2014, 11:26 AM
(19-02-2014 11:19 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  So sorry, they leave such an empty hole when they finally go. Our lab "Bear" died on my wifes birthday last summer, and we still painfully miss him. He was my wifes first, and forever dog so she cannot even imagine quite yet getting another (we will this year hopefully). Such a gentle soul that had all the traits we wish most humans would have.

"The more I learn about people, the more I love my dog."
~Mark Twain

Atir aissom atir imon
19-02-2014, 07:11 PM
ManlyGirl had to put down Weeble, the original Beagle which started her on the Beagle Rescue path, today. 2 days short of 14 yo. Vets ain't constrained by no bullshit laws against euthanasia. A bunch of Xanax to relieve your anxiety. A few more minutes with Momma. And then a bunch of Propofol to send you on your way. And Weeble gets to go out Michael Jackson style. We euthanize our pets more humanely than we execute our murderers.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-02-2014, 07:17 PM
(19-02-2014 07:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ManlyGirl had to put down Weeble, the original Beagle which started her on the Beagle Rescue path, today. 2 days short of 14 yo. Vets ain't constrained by no bullshit laws against euthanasia. A bunch of Xanax to relieve your anxiety. A few more minutes with Momma. And then a bunch of Propofol to send you on your way. And Weeble gets to go out Michael Jackson style. We euthanize our pets more humanely than we execute our murderers.

I agree with your points, and I'm sorry for your family's loss today Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
19-02-2014, 07:17 PM
omg, Ryan Sadcryface
My first dog, a Basset Hound named Misty, died in March of 1988! I still remember Weeping
Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
19-02-2014, 07:24 PM
(19-02-2014 07:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 07:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ManlyGirl had to put down Weeble, the original Beagle which started her on the Beagle Rescue path, today. 2 days short of 14 yo. Vets ain't constrained by no bullshit laws against euthanasia. A bunch of Xanax to relieve your anxiety. A few more minutes with Momma. And then a bunch of Propofol to send you on your way. And Weeble gets to go out Michael Jackson style. We euthanize our pets more humanely than we execute our murderers.

I agree with your points, and I'm sorry for your family's loss today Hug

Thanks QuickSilver. Girly takes it harder than Manly. She's had to put down many dogs and shrugs it off as "Saying goodbye is the downside of having dogs." I say, "It's more than that. It's the downside of living."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post