Best Gift Ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2015 03:35 PM by Heatheness.)
RE: Best Gift Ever?
Best gift ever given: Years ago when my husband and I were big into draft horse driving we had several pieces of driving equipment but we didn't have a skid. We had smaller draft Horses called Haflinger's and most skids were for the larger breeds so I designed a smaller skid, hitched the trailer and went to the pipe yard and picked up the pipe, lumber and bolts. I had made arrangements with the high school vo-ag class that our son was a student in for them to do the cutting and welding. When that was done a couple days later I picked it up and took it to my SIL's grandfather's barn where my son and SIL put the deck on it.

On xmas morning my daughter and SIL brought it over and we gave it to him. A total surprise. They still use it in shows and around the farm.

This is my Hugo, the best horse ever!
[Image: C5IR88L.jpg?1]

Best gift I ever got was my kids and grandkids. No question. But if that doesn't count then: the second best gift was when I was 4 my parents bought me a fox terrier dog. She was 2 and her name was Dottie Freckles (she had three big spots and a bunch of freckle spots.) I had a hard time saying freckles so it became Dottie Frinkles. She was my best friend for 17yrs. HeartHeartHeart

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
18-12-2015, 03:33 PM
(18-12-2015 01:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  When I was a little kid, I got a foot tall Optimus Prime figure that'd transform into a truck n trailer rig, and I flipped out! Next thing I opened was another transformer!!! An original Megatron that transformed into a handgun! Gasp I cried with joy! Weeping Maybe pee'd myself a little! Laugh out load

Couple years ago, 'round x-mas time, I was at a GameStop buying a new controller for the X-box, and this kid came in with dollar bills, change, and a card, and wanted something. I heard the guy tell him he didn't have enough! I stopped him before he walked out and asked the cashier how much. It was like 29.99, so I bought it for him! Blush Let the kid have his Game Boy game! Thumbsup

Awww u r so sweet Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-12-2015, 03:34 PM
(18-12-2015 03:31 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Best gift ever given: Years ago when my husband and I were big into draft horse driving we had several pieces of driving equipment but we didn't have a skid. We had smaller draft Horses called Haflinger's and most skids were for the larger breeds so I designed a smaller skid, hitched the trailer and went to the pipe yard and picked up the pipe, lumber and bolts. I had made arrangements with the high school vo-ag class that our son was a student in for them to do the cutting and welding. When that was done a couple days later I picked it up and took it to my SIL's grandfather's barn where my son and SIL put the deck on it.

On xmas morning my daughter and SIL brought it over and we gave it to him. A total surprise. They still use it in shows and around the farm.

This is my Hugo, the best horse ever!
[Image: C5IR88L.jpg?1]

Best gift I ever got was my kids and grandkids. No question. But if that doesn't count then: the second best gift was when I was 4 my parents bought me a fox terrier dog. She was 2 and her name was Dottie Freckles (she had three big spots and a bunch of freckle spots. I had a hard time saying freckles so it became Dottie Frinkles. She was my best friend for 17yrs. HeartHeartHeart

Beautiful horse!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-12-2015, 03:34 PM
(18-12-2015 12:55 PM)skyking Wrote:  I had no idea, so Tuesday was a shocker.I have to admit I'm scared.

Here's hoping all goes well. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
18-12-2015, 04:36 PM
[Image: stingray.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-12-2015, 04:43 PM
(18-12-2015 12:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What's the best gift you've ever given and/or received?

Received: When I was little, my dad built me a dream doll house for Christmas. I still have it Tongue

Given: One year for an ex boyfriend's birthday, I planned a surprise trip to a remote cabin with a hot tub. Very romantic. I also attempted to bake him a cake. Things got fun and messy. Wink

My dad build me a G.I. Joe headquarters out of Popsicle sticks when I was a kid.

I still have that too. Smile

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
18-12-2015, 04:47 PM
(18-12-2015 04:43 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 12:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What's the best gift you've ever given and/or received?

Received: When I was little, my dad built me a dream doll house for Christmas. I still have it Tongue

Given: One year for an ex boyfriend's birthday, I planned a surprise trip to a remote cabin with a hot tub. Very romantic. I also attempted to bake him a cake. Things got fun and messy. Wink

My dad build me a G.I. Joe headquarters out of Popsicle sticks when I was a kid.

I still have that too. Smile

You should bring it over and we can play Barbies and G.I. Joe Hobo Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-12-2015, 04:55 PM
[Image: fce30851eb6cb86700efe29f4547b3f9.jpg]

[Image: 3ae411ec9368ac450481e98ee0d5d2c2.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 8 users Like Commonsensei's post
18-12-2015, 04:57 PM
(18-12-2015 01:16 PM)bemore Wrote:  The best gift I ever received was a "Mighty Metro Scaletrix" off my brother one Christmas. As a toy itself it was great and I played with it a lot but that's not what made it special. What made it special was I knew how much it cost (£60) as I had seen it in the Argos catalogue and I also knew that my brother only earned around £55 a week doing his YTS training job. I was only 8 yet I began to realise the sacrifice and thought that people go to. I just kept thinking "Wow, he has worked for a whole week and all the money he gets he has spent on me, when he could of spent it on himself"

Scalextric...... something I always wanted. Finally bought it at a bring and buy sale. When I was about 40 years old! Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
18-12-2015, 05:14 PM
(18-12-2015 03:34 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 12:55 PM)skyking Wrote:  I had no idea, so Tuesday was a shocker.I have to admit I'm scared.

Here's hoping all goes well. Smile

Thank you. My FIL was into draft horses and had a big belgian as his last. He grew up driving horses for work in the first part of the century. He always had something to drive as a hobby later. He drove canadian racing cart horses, standard bred little guys, whatever. If they had been hitched up he did not care. He had a 150 year old doctor's cart he went back to amish land to get.
Girlyman, what a bike. I had the ten speed version. We did every crazy stunt with that thing. I don't know how we did not bend it jumping it.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post