Best Literature to better my knowledge and to 'Create Atheist'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Best Literature to better my knowledge and to 'Create Atheist'
The Thinking Atheist Podcast has found it's way into my life! Better late than never. Seth is great and does a wonderful job. so in to my discussion....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2015, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2015 02:01 PM by Atothetheist.)
RE: Best Literature to better my knowledge and to 'Create Atheist'
(17-11-2015 01:32 PM)Corey_Damien Wrote:  The Thinking Atheist Podcast has found it's way into my life! Better late than never. Seth is great and does a wonderful job. so in to my discussion....

Good Sense

Its very florid in its language, but other than that, it is an amazing read, full of refutations that I use often and full of observations that make people think.

It was written in 1772 (originally in french). Here is a sample of it so you might judge:

Quote:Religion has ever filled the mind of man with darkness, and kept him in ignorance of his real duties and true interests. It is only by dispelling the clouds and phantoms of Religion, that we shall discover Truth, Reason, and Morality. Religion diverts us from the causes of evils, and from the remedies which nature prescribes; far from curing, it only aggravates, multiplies, and perpetuates them. Let us observe with the celebrated Lord Bolingbroke, that "theology is the box of Pandora; and if it is impossible to shut it, it is at least useful to inform men, that this fatal box is open."

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply