Best Nirvana Song?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: Best Nirvana Song?
"And Soundgarden Vera stopped being cool while I was still a student. Just sayin' [Image: coffeedrinker.gif]"

Blasphemous traitor...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 07:41 PM
(22-02-2013 06:05 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I wouldn't derail this thread with a discussion that long. But... I ain't goin anywhere, so we gots time.

But I will share this little nugget. Lets change this scenario from anarchy to slavery and let's pretend it's 1759 and we're in Titusville, Pennsylvania.

Chas: But if we end slavery, who will pick the cotton?

BB: Well, in the future, there will be these giant iron contraptions that crawl through the fields and they'll not only pick the cotton, they'll bail it too. They will only require one or two men and they will do the work of forty men in one day. And... they won't need horses to draw them, because they'll run on filtered black mud made from crushed up dinosaur carcasses that we suck up out of the ground.

Chas: Blink Git the fuck outa here with that shit.... it'll never happen.
That seems pretty off track to me, but I suggest you start an anarchy thread.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
22-02-2013, 07:54 PM
"~I suggest you start an anarchy thread."

Dun did. Two weeks ago. I'd be honored if you'd drop in and leave a comment or two. Smile
23-02-2013, 12:10 AM
I like Drain You. It's a love song, and I like the imagery it portrays. Radio Friendly Unit Shifter's a good one too. As far as the lesser known stuff goes, D7 has got to be the best bootleg song. For Unplugged, Man Who Sold the World is great. Live performance? A toss between the infamous SNL performance, the '92 MTV VMA's, or the lip synching debacle on Top of the Pops. Oh, I forgot the Jonathan Ross performance, that was good too.

Picking just one Nirvana song is like picking a favorite child. It isn't easy to do.

Find all posts by this user
23-02-2013, 03:37 AM
(22-02-2013 07:34 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  " Vera stopped being cool while I was still a student. Just sayin'"
Oh, the sarcasm! The stinging wit! The biting satire! I think I just lost the will to live.

No, wait. I didn't. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
23-02-2013, 04:02 AM
Re: RE: Best Nirvana Song?
(23-02-2013 03:37 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 07:34 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  " Vera stopped being cool while I was still a student. Just sayin'"
Oh, the sarcasm! The stinging wit! The biting satire! I think I just lost the will to live.

Neither did Soundgarden unlike Nirvana. Only 2 Soundgarden songs have been played to death by the music industry. XP

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
23-02-2013, 08:15 AM
(23-02-2013 04:02 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(23-02-2013 03:37 AM)Vera Wrote:  Oh, the sarcasm! The stinging wit! The biting satire! I think I just lost the will to live.

Neither did Soundgarden unlike Nirvana. Only 2 Soundgarden songs have been played to death by the music industry. XP
The "no, I didn't" follows directly from the sentence above it. Reading comprehension is your friend.

You know what, guys, there are people in the world who like different things from the ones you enjoy. Boggles the mind, doesn't it.

23-02-2013, 08:22 AM
(23-02-2013 08:15 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-02-2013 04:02 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Neither did Soundgarden unlike Nirvana. Only 2 Soundgarden songs have been played to death by the music industry. XP
The "no, I didn't" follows directly from the sentence above it. Reading comprehension is your friend.

You know what, guys, there are people in the world who like different things from the ones you enjoy. Boggles the mind, doesn't it.
I actually meant to quote your other post which would of made that clearer...

But are you saying music tastes are subjective and not facts? I'm gonna have to go blurt my guts out at the local used records store to get to the bottom of this. We no longer have to worship their elitist perpsectives Worship Slaves

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
23-02-2013, 01:28 PM
"You know what, guys, there are people in the world who like different
things from the ones you enjoy. Boggles the mind, doesn't it."

Surely you didn't think I was being serious?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
23-02-2013, 01:33 PM
(23-02-2013 01:28 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
Surely you didn't think I was being serious?
Surely you didn't think I much cared one way or the other?