Best Rant on the state of Gaming I have ever heard.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Best Rant on the state of Gaming I have ever heard.

QFTFT

This guy gets it. If Nintendo acts now they will have another dynasty. They own 8 bit nostalgia. This came out a few years ago and it was amazing 3D Dot Game Hero if Nintendo would get behind stuff like this they could be the undisputed industry leader.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-05-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Best Rant on the state of Gaming I have ever heard.
(03-05-2015 12:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

QFTFT

This guy gets it. If Nintendo acts now they will have another dynasty. They own 8 bit nostalgia. This came out a few years ago and it was amazing 3D Dot Game Hero if Nintendo would get behind stuff like this they could be the undisputed industry leader.

Good to see Bob Chipman land on his feet after leaving The Escapist rather abruptly.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
03-05-2015, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 02:14 PM by cactus.)
The future of (non-casual) gaming is community involvement: mod support, live streaming, social media features, e-sporting events, indie publishing, even crowd-sourcing of content (like Project C.A.R.S.)

Also, Nintendo seems to think that they need weird gimmicks in order to sell to the casual market. Nobody wants the Wii U's weird gimmicks right now. The Wii was a fad, a fad that's pretty much over. The people who bought a Wii as their only console are now the ones playing games on their tablets. They're not going to buy a Wii U, because it's a product that's trying (very poorly) to mimic an experience that they're already getting with their tablets. IMO, Nintendo should have gone cross-platform and started making mobile games as soon as the Wii console sales started dipping.

probably what some marketing person at Nintendo would say Wrote:...but the Wii U is a tablet, and a console! see?!!! Look at these awesome touch-screen controls!
Yeah... and my treadmill is a car.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
03-05-2015, 02:47 PM
(03-05-2015 12:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

QFTFT

[Image: 1235.gif]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
03-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Going after people for doing lets play's for copyright baffles me. That's beyond fucking stupid.
Video games =/= movie, how is a lets play anything but free advertising?

Paradox Interactive, the company that makes all the strategy games I like like EU4, actually have an ongoing lets play on their youtube channel where the developers are playing a multiplayer game together/against eachother and the community link guy does the commentary. They play the up and coming patches/expansions and show them off to the public while they get valuable play-testing, community feedback and free fucking advertising. Hell, they might even make a little bit of money if they were to put adds on their youtube videos.

Nintendo, what the actual fuck?