Best Signature Tagline

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Best Signature Tagline
In the spirit of Stark's best title thread. I would like to add best signature/tagline.

I chuckle every time Carlo posts and I get to see "In Thrust We Trust".

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: Best Signature Tagline
(24-03-2013 08:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  In the spirit of Stark's best title thread. I would like to add best signature/tagline.

I chuckle every time Carlo posts and I get to see "In Thrust We Trust".
A lot of people think that line is somehow related to penises. Weeping You naughty Nellie!!!

I sign all my emails that way as well. Maybe that's why it's so hard to find a job online.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
24-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Okay now, I am innocent on that...I did catch the double entrendre...but that's not why I like it. It's clever!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
24-03-2013, 08:52 PM
DLJ's signature:

The PURPOSE of life is to pass on our DNA (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind (from observation)

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-03-2013, 08:54 PM
(24-03-2013 08:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay now, I am innocent on that...I did catch the double entrendre...but that's not why I like it. It's clever!
It sounds like you found it amusing as the spoof on 'In God we Trust', which is what I originally intended it to be.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
25-03-2013, 12:29 AM
(24-03-2013 08:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  DLJ's signature:

The PURPOSE of life is to pass on our DNA (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind (from observation)

I support this post.

However, I also support Hughsie's signature:

Ferdinand: Ato told me on xbox that he dislikes me ..... my life right now (posts vid called 'How To Tie A Noose')
Atothetheist: I like you Ferdy, Don't kill yourself
Ferdinand: I wasn't going to kill myself. That noose was for you.

He enjoyed it, and I enjoyed the effect it had on Ato in Skype once.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-03-2013, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2013 04:10 AM by DLJ.)
Thanks Vos Heart

I like Robotworld's because it is one of the reasons I was encouraged to keep posting when at the start (when I joined) I didn't think I had much worth saying. I'm still not sure I have but I keep on, anyway.

Also the quote about whores providing the same service as priests but I forget who had that one. I will edit if it comes to me.

Bugmasher's Senaca quote is delightful and FT, you have a good one too... yours? If not, who?

The best by far because it is a self-contained poem, is Anjele's. It reminds me of when F.Scott Fitzgerald was asked how short a short story could be and he said... just 6 words:
"For sale
Babies shoes
Never worn."

Ohmy

25-03-2013, 06:12 AM
(25-03-2013 04:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thanks Vos Heart

I like Robotworld's because it is one of the reasons I was encouraged to keep posting when at the start (when I joined) I didn't think I had much worth saying. I'm still not sure I have but I keep on, anyway.

Also the quote about whores providing the same service as priests but I forget who had that one. I will edit if it comes to me.

Bugmasher's Senaca quote is delightful and FT, you have a good one too... yours? If not, who?

The best by far because it is a self-contained poem, is Anjele's. It reminds me of when F.Scott Fitzgerald was asked how short a short story could be and he said... just 6 words:
"For sale
Babies shoes
Never worn."

Ohmy

While I would love to take credit for the quote which serves as my signature, I cannot, for I am not responsible for it.

The quote is attributed to a character from the Mange/anime Death Note by the name of Near, though I have not tracked down to the exact moment/page the quote was made.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Siggys r dum. Tongue

And! There's already a thread about this. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-03-2013, 07:48 AM
(25-03-2013 06:31 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Siggys r dum. Tongue