Best bible verse to quote to Christian.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Best bible verse to quote to Christian.
I enjoy the part where the dumb god doesn't know what to do about making a mate for Adam.

Genesis 2:18-20
The lord god said, 'It s not good for the man to be alone. I will make a suitable partner for the man. So the lord god formed out of the ground various wild animals and various birds of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; whatever he would call them would be it's name. The man gave names to all the cattle, all the birds of the air, and all the wild animals; but none *proved* to be a suitable partner for the man.

(I would like to have watched him try to screw a g.o.rilla.) Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2013, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 05:57 AM by Chrisinfp.)
I hadn't " debated" religious people online before this and won't do it again. It's pointless There is no winning/ losing, it just wastes my time. Anyway I just asked if its possible if anne frank and Gandhi are in hell and hitler is in heaven. Apparently it's not only possible but somewhat likely. CRAZINESS I posted that question as a wise-ass joke and got back long responses that make me cringe. So many people told me that ill be dancing with satan. I was going to ask --/- who killed more people in the bible- god or satan - but resisted and will move on.
09-06-2013, 12:34 PM
I second "Murder in the Bible" from evilbible.com.

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night:

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
09-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Re: Best bible verse to quote to Christian.
almost anything from the sermon on the mound since Christians mostly don't follow the teachings on that praised speech.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
11-06-2013, 09:56 AM
I will quote verses that many Christians forget.

Matthew 7:3-5 (King James Version) :
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
11-06-2013, 10:59 AM
(08-06-2013 06:47 PM)Chrisinfp Wrote:  This too
Deuteronomy 13:6-10
New International Version (NIV)
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

That's quite a contradiction of the "Thou shalt not kill" commandment
11-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Don't kill unless I say so. It is in the fine print.
What is fun is seeing the bending they do for why slavery is wrong.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
11-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Numbers 5:11-22 - God's first-hand command of men to abort their wives' foetuses if they suspect infidelity: May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries. ‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”'

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
11-06-2013, 07:08 PM
1 Corinthians 7

4. the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.
[+] 1 user Likes saki's post
11-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Ezekiel 23:19

Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

Oh the wholesome clean bible.

Judges 3:21
And Ehud reached with his left hand, took the sword from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly. And the hilt also went in after the blade, and the fat closed over the blade, for he did not pull the sword out of his belly; and the dung came out.

Poetic imagery.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Christian Martyrs raven48 1 158 03-05-2014 03:15 AM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  What the Bible Got WRONG Misanthropik 14 687 07-04-2014 07:26 AM
Last Post: Bible Belt Brawler
  taking christian spirituality vision course hehe goodwithoutgod 0 102 06-03-2014 02:55 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  A breakthrough or another Christian lie of convenience? WillHopp 21 963 28-01-2014 06:46 AM
Last Post: Phil Hill
  YouTube argument with intelligent Christian carasaurus_wres 11 575 08-12-2013 07:52 PM
Last Post: anonymous66
  Christian + Atheist: A two month long conversation of questions and clarifications. Adrianime 5 478 28-11-2013 03:32 AM
Last Post: SevenPatch
  I was presented with this argument by a Christian Lawls 18 710 27-11-2013 06:31 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills