Best bible verse to quote to Christian.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: Best bible verse to quote to Christian.
(31-08-2013 09:40 PM)excubitor Wrote:  to argue that we must accept everything in modern science because some aspects of science benefit is an erroneous construct. there is a higher authority than science. it is scripture and the teachings of the church throughout all the ages. nobody really understands science which relates to origins. I have seen many cases where scientific findings which threaten the conventional teachings of science have been decried by "greater' scientists who disparage the techniques and findings of the scientist even to the point of destroying reputations and denying grants. the so called peer review system is nothing short of scientific censorship where the cleaners are brought in to protect the status quo. modern science is an industry like any other and the establishment is not there to advance creative thinking. it is there to protect its market share. endless theory must be piled on to endless theory to prop up the creaking house of cards of modern evolution geology and cosmology.it is truly astonishing the nonsense that people accept in order to displace god. to say that dolphins evolved from a small hippo to renter the water lose its legs grow finds and move is breathing apparatus to a hole in its back is truly absurd and take absurdity to breathtaking levels

Have you heard of punctuation? But no matter.

What you personally think to be either reasonable or not is immaterial. That's not how consensus works.

There are millions of scientists whose religious beliefs do not conflict with reality. What is their deal?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2013, 09:46 PM
(31-08-2013 09:41 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  Two best examples are this Bolivian man.

Unattested. Don't bother.

(31-08-2013 09:41 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  Or how about Jeanne Calment who currently holds the record, though once the Bolivian man's records are verified, he'll take the title. There's also this list of people, many of whom lived after Jesus supposedly did (though none of these people are included in modern records of oldest people because they lived before we had the modern standards of age verification). So there might not be many, but there are still at least people who lived past 120. It only takes one counterexample to prove a statement false

That is very true - a human being has verifiably lived past 120!

I didn't think to mention that, given that the Bible itself also lists several people who lived past 120 after the flood.

31-08-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm using my smart phone to type so I could not be bothered with punctuation sorry. what I think is of huge importance to me personally because I am a free thinking and independent person. I refuse to concede that the ultimate authority is the consensus of scientists. the scripture and the teachings of the ancient church down through the ages is the ultimate authority. you are mistaken. the concencus of modern science does not have a religious bone in its body. it is anti scripture anti church anti god. it has a glaring and biased agenda to displace god therefore deserves to be viewed with extreme suspicion.
(31-08-2013 09:44 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 09:40 PM)excubitor Wrote:  to argue that we must accept everything in modern science because some aspects of science benefit is an erroneous construct. there is a higher authority than science. it is scripture and the teachings of the church throughout all the ages. nobody really understands science which relates to origins. I have seen many cases where scientific findings which threaten the conventional teachings of science have been decried by "greater' scientists who disparage the techniques and findings of the scientist even to the point of destroying reputations and denying grants. the so called peer review system is nothing short of scientific censorship where the cleaners are brought in to protect the status quo. modern science is an industry like any other and the establishment is not there to advance creative thinking. it is there to protect its market share. endless theory must be piled on to endless theory to prop up the creaking house of cards of modern evolution geology and cosmology.it is truly astonishing the nonsense that people accept in order to displace god. to say that dolphins evolved from a small hippo to renter the water lose its legs grow finds and move is breathing apparatus to a hole in its back is truly absurd and take absurdity to breathtaking levels

Have you heard of punctuation? But no matter.

What you personally think to be either reasonable or not is immaterial. That's not how consensus works.

There are millions of scientists whose religious beliefs do not conflict with reality. What is their deal?
31-08-2013, 10:04 PM
(31-08-2013 09:59 PM)excubitor Wrote:  I'm using my smart phone to type so I could not be bothered with punctuation sorry.

Fair enough.

(31-08-2013 09:59 PM)excubitor Wrote:  what I think is of huge importance to me personally because I am a free thinking and independent person. I refuse to concede that the ultimate authority is the consensus of scientists. the scripture and the teachings of the ancient church down through the ages is the ultimate authority. you are mistaken. the concencus of modern science does not have a religious bone in its body. it is anti scripture anti church anti god. it has a glaring and biased agenda to displace and deserves to be viewed with extreme suspicion.

Modern science includes millions of religious scientists. Their agenda is the same as any scientist's - to learn about the natural world. You evidently reject their views as well. You're free to do so, but using the fruits of their labours to decry them is somewhat hypocritical.

31-08-2013, 10:12 PM
(31-08-2013 10:04 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 09:59 PM)excubitor Wrote:  I'm using my smart phone to type so I could not be bothered with punctuation sorry.

Fair enough.

(31-08-2013 09:59 PM)excubitor Wrote:  what I think is of huge importance to me personally because I am a free thinking and independent person. I refuse to concede that the ultimate authority is the consensus of scientists. the scripture and the teachings of the ancient church down through the ages is the ultimate authority. you are mistaken. the concencus of modern science does not have a religious bone in its body. it is anti scripture anti church anti god. it has a glaring and biased agenda to displace and deserves to be viewed with extreme suspicion.

Modern science includes millions of religious scientists. Their agenda is the same as any scientist's - to learn about the natural world. You evidently reject their views as well. You're free to do so, but using the fruits of their labours to decry them is somewhat hypocritical.

It is always so ironic that those who claim to be skeptical of science will swallow whole the fish-tale that is religion without a second thought. That while using the benefits of modern science every day they can seriously claim that illiterate bronze age sheep herders had a better understanding of the Universe than modern physicists truly boggles the mind.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-08-2013, 10:34 PM
it is true that God blesses certain rare men or women to live lives longer than generally appointed for men. to conclude that this constitutes a complete failure in the integrity of scripture reveals an astonishing hardness of heart . it's hard to fathom how this hard heart of disbelief takes root in a young person.
(31-08-2013 09:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 09:41 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  Two best examples are this Bolivian man.

Unattested. Don't bother.

(31-08-2013 09:41 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  Or how about Jeanne Calment who currently holds the record, though once the Bolivian man's records are verified, he'll take the title. There's also this list of people, many of whom lived after Jesus supposedly did (though none of these people are included in modern records of oldest people because they lived before we had the modern standards of age verification). So there might not be many, but there are still at least people who lived past 120. It only takes one counterexample to prove a statement false

That is very true - a human being has verifiably lived past 120!

I didn't think to mention that, given that the Bible itself also lists several people who lived past 120 after the flood.
31-08-2013, 10:54 PM
the scripture talk about the wise and learned of this world how they are ever learning and never coming to a knowledge of the truth. the scriptures are not the words of goat herders they are the revelations of almighty God who made heaven and earth. all scientific endeavor must be based on truth otherwise it is a waste of time. modern science has based all its research and study on lies. truth cannot cannot come from any amount of study which is based on lies and false paradigms
(31-08-2013 10:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 10:04 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Fair enough.

It is always so ironic that those who claim to be skeptical of science will swallow whole the fish-tale that is religion without a second thought. That while using the benefits of modern science every day they can seriously claim that illiterate bronze age sheep herders had a better understanding of the Universe than modern physicists truly boggles the mind.
31-08-2013, 10:59 PM
(31-08-2013 10:34 PM)excubitor Wrote:  it is true that God blesses certain rare men or women to live lives longer than generally appointed for men. to conclude that this constitutes a complete failure in the integrity of scripture reveals an astonishing hardness of heart . it's hard to fathom how this hard heart of disbelief takes root in a young person.

I'd begun detailing a response to this in my head about the scientific method, but then I realized that whatever I say to you, you'll try and wave it away with "God did it." We can agree to disagree because no matter how much reason and rational thinking I throw your way, you'll still go back to the Bible over proven science. And no matter how many Bible verses or arguments for religion you throw at me, I won't change my mind. Trust me. I've almost ten years figuring out my religion (or lack there-of). It would take a miracle to change my (lack-of) beliefs.

And a hardness of heart is hardly what I would call it. But if you find out that someone you thought you could trust more than anyone in the world had lied to you, you start questioning if this person is really as truthful as you thought they were.
[+] 1 user Likes southernbelle's post
01-09-2013, 07:04 AM
(31-08-2013 08:10 PM)excubitor Wrote:  at that time man's life span was reduced to 120 years

Right. That's not literally true, even if the Bible is the only source considered.

(31-08-2013 10:34 PM)excubitor Wrote:  it is true that God blesses certain rare men or women to live lives longer than generally appointed for men. to conclude that this constitutes a complete failure in the integrity of scripture reveals an astonishing hardness of heart . it's hard to fathom how this hard heart of disbelief takes root in a young person.

Southernbelle mentioned Genesis 6:3 ("... his days shall be a hundred and twenty years"). You said yes, that was correct. It is not correct if taken literally.

Of course it may be rationalised. Human beings may rationalise anything (like your self-identification as Catholic despite denying Catholic doctrine).

01-09-2013, 11:21 AM
(31-08-2013 10:54 PM)excubitor Wrote:  the scripture talk about the wise and learned of this world how they are ever learning and never coming to a knowledge of the truth. the scriptures are not the words of goat herders they are the revelations of almighty God who made heaven and earth. all scientific endeavor must be based on truth otherwise it is a waste of time. modern science has based all its research and study on lies. truth cannot cannot come from any amount of study which is based on lies and false paradigms

Any philosophy that implores you not to think critically should be viewed with utmost skepticism. Thats the real difference between the science you claim to mistrust (even though you disprove that by using a computer and I'll bet you drive a car and have electricity in your home and a million other things that science has made possible) and religion. One is based on blind obedience the other asks you to disprove everything it says so it can become better. You can prove evolution is untrue well then put up or shut up. Write a peer reviewed paper and collect your Nobel Prize.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post