Best 'disproof' of evolution EVAR!!!11!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Best 'disproof' of evolution EVAR!!!11!!!!
First of all, we must address the damnable lie that the Sun is a star ...

http://www.geocities.com/rebornempowered...chor-part1

Shocking

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Abdul Alhazred's post
18-04-2013, 11:55 AM
RE: Best 'disproof' of evolution EVAR!!!11!!!!
(18-04-2013 11:51 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  First of all, we must address the damnable lie that the Sun is a star ...

http://www.geocities.com/rebornempowered...chor-part1

Shocking

"The goal of this paper is to prove, using only the Bible, that the Sun is NOT a star. " (emphasis added)

OK, I stopped right there.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 11 users Like Chas's post
18-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Shocking Oh. Em. Gee.

Do you know how many times I'd have to read that over and over and over to reroute my thinking into the delusion of the author? My brain would be putty, and I probably wouldn't know my right from my left.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
18-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Stupid.

His proof hinges on this:

1. "Sun" and "Star" are different words, even in Hebrew and Greek
2. They are listed separately in scripture
3. There are scriptural distinctions
4. Genesis has them created separately
5. God said so

What's wrong with this?

1. So what? We have lots of different words for the same thing, such as "car" and "automobile", "orb" and "sphere", "guy" and "male" and "man" and "dude", etc. Having more than one word for the same thing doesn't make them different things.
2. All this proves is that the primitive authors of the bible didn't know they were different. God should have no excuse but apparently he was bound by the same primitive men and their flawed notions.
3. See #2.
4. See #2. Also, the author of this essay uses the line "Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights [ma'owr]; the greater light [ma'owr] to rule the day, and the lesser light [ma'owr] to rule the night: he made the stars [kowkab] also." as proof that the stars are different than the two great lights in the sky, completely forgetting that the moon (ma'owr) is not even a light. This verse only proves that the primitive bible authors had no clue about science at all and cannot tell a light from a reflection of light - how can we use this obviously incorrect bible junk science to prove other science?
5. Not proof. The whole essay could have been just one sentence, "I know the sun isn't a star because god said so, so there!" Doesn't make it true.

My favorite quote is: "This view destroys antiquated scientific models and the Big Bang theory of evolution" - yes, right, how could I overlook "the Big Bang theory of evolution"...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 16 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
18-04-2013, 12:15 PM
(18-04-2013 12:10 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Stupid.

His proof hinges on this:

2. They are listed separately in scripture
3. There are scriptural distinctions
4. Genesis has them created separately
5. God said so

What's wrong with this?

1. So what? We have lots of different words for the same thing, such as "car" and "automobile", "orb" and "sphere", "guy" and "male" and "man" and "dude", etc. Having more than one word for the same thing doesn't make them different things.
2. All this proves is that the primitive authors of the bible didn't know they were different. God should have no excuse but apparently he was bound by the same primitive men and their flawed notions.
3. See #2.
4. See #2. Also, the author of this essay uses the line "Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights [ma'owr]; the greater light [ma'owr] to rule the day, and the lesser light [ma'owr] to rule the night: he made the stars [kowkab] also." as proof that the stars are different than the two great lights in the sky, completely forgetting that the moon (ma'owr) is not even a light. This verse only proves that the primitive bible authors had no clue about science at all and cannot tell a light from a reflection of light - how can we use this obviously incorrect bible junk science to prove other science?
5. Not proof. The whole essay could have been just one sentence, "I know the sun isn't a star because god said so, so there!" Doesn't make it true.

My favorite quote is: "This view destroys antiquated scientific models and the Big Bang theory of evolution" - yes, right, how could I overlook "the Big Bang theory of evolution"...

I Heart that you're here.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Quote:His proof hinges on this:

"Sun" is a name. "Star" is a type.
Like "Earth" and "Planet".

It doesn't matter in the slightest what the fuck the word "sun" means. All that matters is what star means.
Considering a star is a giant flaming ball of gas, and that is exactly what the sun is, it's a fucking star!

Seriously, all theists ever do is "word salad" the shit out of anything to try to twist it to mean what they want it to mean.

[Image: d3x.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
19-04-2013, 07:46 PM
(18-04-2013 12:10 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  ...
3. See #2.
4. See #2.

It would be so much simpler if the bible (or any "holy" book) contained statements about the universe which were a), not otherwise known to people at the time, and b), later shown to be true - instead of what they do contain (invariably statements known to be false, often even at the time they were written).

But, I guess then we wouldn't need 'faith'... Yeah, that's it...
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
19-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Ironically, I think that this might have some useful aspects to it. Mainly in showing that a literal interpretation of the bible can only conclude that the bible has no idea what it's talking about. I think I'll keep this as a reference page. Thanks OP

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 2 users Like Foxcanine1's post
19-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Re: RE: Best 'disproof' of evolution EVAR!!!11!!!!
(19-04-2013 12:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:His proof hinges on this:

"Sun" is a name. "Star" is a type.

It doesn't matter in the slightest what the fuck the word "sun" means. All that matters is what star means.
Considering a star is a giant flaming ball of gas, and that is exactly what the sun is, it's a fucking star!

Seriously, all theists ever do is "word salad" the shit out of anything to try to twist it to mean what they want it to mean.

Plasma... Rolleyes

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
20-04-2013, 07:44 AM
(19-04-2013 08:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 12:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  "Sun" is a name. "Star" is a type.

Plasma... Rolleyes

Glowing, not flaming.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]