Best interview ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Best interview ever?
I think I may have just had my best interview ever. It was a storage facility place and they gave me the tour of the place. They showed me a bunch of stuff on the computer and gave me the run down of how everything worked.

Then I had another interview at another similar place that my staffing agency had also given me which I thought was different since it had a different name but actually turned out to be the same business "sort of" and they basically told me flat out that they think I would be a great fit with the first team I got interviewed from and would even send them their recommendation for me.

They never asked me about my strengths but did give me that what reason should they not hire me, basically I told them about my ADHD but as long as I am in front of a computer screen or have something to multitask and didn't have to do anything that was too extremely specific that required absolute details, because well, if I go too long with nothing to do, I space out and anything that requires percision I cannot do if I am in a computers quite area for too long.

Cleaning, lifting things etc is just fine. They gave me a kinda Really long explaination of how so many people quite their job there or don't want to work it since they would have to work on Sundays and people don't want to miss Church, so I basically just told them I am an atheist so I don't go to church and Sunday don't really mean anything to me. They jokingly stated well, we might have to work on that for you lol and so on but I stayed professional and stated that work isn't really the kinda place for that and they professionally agreed.

Funny thing is that the first interview I had, they told me that when I get to the other place to tell them that they miss them dearly and told me it was because the two were feuding lol....which turned out t be a bit of a joke on my part since its basically the same company and they were actually friends.

They sincerely told me that they hope I get hired and said that they will be sending a recommendation for me via email lol.

Now I just need to write my follow up letter thanking them for the interview, print it out and hand it in tomorrow and I am like 95% sure I got this! Cleaning storage rooms doesn't seem like it will be too taxing, or renting U-Hauls and helping people with that. The hardest part is learning the paper work it seems.

Plus, its $11.00 an hour which is only .20 less than what I was making before so HELL YEAH!

IF...or rather when I say when I do get hired, the places are called Climate control and Lock and Key and they are in Medford Oregon. So if anyone is in the area and needs to be moved, look me up and I hook you up good time!

The first interview lasted an hour and the second about forty minutes or so and was cut short since there was nothing else much left to do or say.

You blew the other guy who got interviewed out of the water was the second guys I talked too exact words lol. Best interview ever!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
17-06-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Best interview ever?
I'll be praying for you Hope it works out!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
18-06-2015, 05:16 AM
Climate control?

That mean it's air conditioned at work???

Lucky bastard.....

Never got to work in an air conditioned shop...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-06-2015, 06:02 AM
I hope it works out for you!
18-06-2015, 06:51 AM
Congratulations Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-06-2015, 07:04 AM
According to the internetz, you should answer questions regarding your weaknesses (i.e. Why shouldn't we hire you?) by beating around the bush and regurgitating some standard correct answer like "because I'm so ambitious that you might have trouble getting me to stop working when it's time to go home!".

In all honesty, I hate bullshit questions like that. And even though I've got so much ADHD I have trouble making it through a regular interview (I prefer high pressure interviews with like five different interviewers taking turns), I always suggest that people avoid bringing up anything that can be seen as putting them at risk for liability. For example, one should be careful about admitting to ADD, depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD, etc., because such medically relevant terms make it difficult for them to fire someone without getting sued.

In any case, glad this particular employer didn't seem to care, and good luck. I shall sacrifice a goat to appease the gods in hopes that they'll make sure fate is in your favor.

'Murican Canadian
18-06-2015, 07:08 AM
Good luck. I have no advice, not having had a "real" job since before 18.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-06-2015, 08:29 AM
Praise Cthulhu!!!!!!

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
18-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Congrats! I know you have been looking for awhile--it looks like a great fit for you!