Best malware remover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2014, 05:43 AM
Best malware remover
I have a computer that is infected with something that my current malware program removes - but it re-installs itself. I need a better malware remover. What do you recommend? A search brings up both legit and dodgy ones, so am looking for things you have tried yourself... Thanks

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2014, 05:46 AM
RE: Best malware remover
You should try out Kaspersky's software TDSSKiller.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-10-2014, 05:52 AM
The description sounds like exactly what I need - it is a rootkit issue. Thanks, will try it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Well, did it work?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Here's the best malware killer: Reformatting. If you can install something, you can atleast access your files. Just save whatever you want somewhere else and then start over again.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
20-10-2014, 12:15 PM
(20-10-2014 05:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  I have a computer that is infected with something that my current malware program removes - but it re-installs itself. I need a better malware remover. What do you recommend? A search brings up both legit and dodgy ones, so am looking for things you have tried yourself... Thanks

I prefer webroot.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
20-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Well, I did reformat a few days ago. I was getting blue screens.

I then reinstalled mcafee (yes I know but it's all paid for) and ran it and it cleaned out one program. That evening I rebooted and noticed something installing. Ran mcafee again and it again quarantined the program and I wish I had copied down the name but I didn't. Blush

And something installed itself again. Now mcafee gets stuck at scanning rootkit. Just stuck.

Meanwhile, my connection is off and on and off and on... the messed up computer is on wifi, the one I am using here is on ethernet. I did go to reset and reconfigure my modem. It actually sped up the one on ethernet but the wifi one is still spotty.

So, we have a scanning program stuck on rootkit, and we have intermittent wifi.

I checked the CPU load and nothing seems to be eating up much juice. Nothing looked unusual or high.

So, dunno whats next. Kaspersky found nothing.

20-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Is Filox still around? I remember him recommending some in the past, shoot him a PM.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
20-10-2014, 01:20 PM
(20-10-2014 01:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I did reformat a few days ago. I was getting blue screens.

Then I'd be more worried about the machine. No brainer here, but that's not supposed to happen.

With the rootkits though, I'm sorry, but that shit will never fucking die. It's like the cockroach of computers. At this moment, I'm more puzzled about how you even got that crap into the machine in the first place.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
20-10-2014, 01:46 PM
RootkitRevealer.exe from SysInternals will find out if that is your problem.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post