Best of from FB Apologetics group

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Best of from FB Apologetics group
So, instead of starting a new thread every time someone says something superbly stupid in the Apologetics group I joined in Facebook, I figured I'd start one to consolidate it.

Inspired initially by this thread.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-12-2014, 09:25 AM
RE: Best of from FB Apologetics group

Poster: Is it God's will for a bipolar person to take medicaiton?

Moron 1: Bipolar is just demon possession. The meds make you weaker to fight it off.

<back and forth between Moron 1 and a more sane person about this dangerous advice>

Moron 2: Perhaps the only demon possessed ones are non-Christians.

Moron 3: ^^^ EXACTLY!

What this is I don't even
[+] 7 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-12-2014, 09:37 AM
No way.

For real?

This is a joke.

Please say this is a joke.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-12-2014, 09:44 AM
(23-12-2014 09:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No way.

For real?

This is a joke.

In my more drug-induced moments I sometimes imagine you living under a rock inside a bubble.

Yes, people like that really exist.

Drinking Beverage

23-12-2014, 09:46 AM
(23-12-2014 09:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

For real?

This is a joke.

In my more drug-induced moments I sometimes imagine you living under a rock inside a bubble.

Yes, people like that really exist.

Drinking Beverage

My rock house has a force field around it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
23-12-2014, 10:59 AM
(23-12-2014 09:25 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  #1

Moron 1: Bipolar is just demon possession. The meds make you weaker to fight it off.

<back and forth between Moron 1 and a more sane person about this dangerous advice>

Why do you torture yourself like this Robby?

If I was still friends with my YEC former-friend, I thought I would literally go insane with the stupidity or be guilty of murder in the not-too-distant future.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
23-12-2014, 11:36 AM
(23-12-2014 10:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Why do you torture yourself like this Robby?

If I was still friends with my YEC former-friend, I thought I would literally go insane with the stupidity or be guilty of murder in the not-too-distant future.

It's this fascination that some of us have... you see a lot of them are otherwise very sane people, just with this one *glaring* massive insanity. A bit like KC Tongue So the game is... how close to the edge of actual sanity can they be brought? Can they be tipped over it? Several of us hearty fellows are evidence that it can work, in fact the OP in his saner moments has been known to reminisce about his *insaner* moments, if I recall correctly Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-12-2014, 01:04 PM

For real?

This is a joke.

No joke. That thing ballooned with so many comments so fast, I gave up on it.

Do note that there were a lot of posts between one poster and Moron #1, where the first person was complaining about his the dangerous advice Moron #1 was giving. Moron #1 started whining that people wanted his posts deleted for speaking God's truth.

But, yeah, Morons #2 and 3 jumped in saying how demon-possessed are not Christians. Incidentally, since I posted that a contender for Moron #4 offered the explanation that anyone full of the Holy Spirit cannot be demon-possessed. This was questioned by Moron #1 asking why Paul was possessed.

If I feel less lazy tonight, I may lift direct quotes so you can gaze into the madness as I have. I'm trying to shield you in the same way that you never directly look at an eclipse. For some reason, I feel compelled to damage my retinas brain permanently.

(23-12-2014 10:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Why do you torture yourself like this Robby?

I don't know. Maybe it's to make myself feel better about myself the way people who watch depressing movies do.

In all honesty, I go there to actually engage theists more directly. There are quite a few who offer really good give-and-take conversations. Sadly, it seems the majority of the posters there see view all atheists with extreme suspicion at best and as dishonest trolls at worst. This causes a significant number of them to act quite hostilely and troll the atheists*. It is up to my judgment to scroll past the obvious troll posts to spare my sanity/blood pressure.

* I'll have to dig up the image macro one person posted three days ago about why nonbelievers are all fools, no matter how eloquent they sound, and all they deserve is trolling. This is not an exaggeration.
23-12-2014, 01:42 PM
(23-12-2014 09:25 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  #1

And then these same people would make fun of Scientology.

Not that they don't deserve it.

Do me a favor Robby and see if you can divert them onto epilepsy. Let's see how many bricks they are short.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
23-12-2014, 08:12 PM
(23-12-2014 01:04 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  * I'll have to dig up the image macro one person posted three days ago about why nonbelievers are all fools, no matter how eloquent they sound, and all they deserve is trolling. This is not an exaggeration.

Actually, it might have been a bit of an exaggeration. The point they are probably trying to make is that you have to show "fools" the foolishness of their ways. Still, this is being posted by someone who believes evolution is provably wrong.

[Image: 550_answer-fool.gif]