Best of from FB Apologetics group

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Best of from FB Apologetics group
(23-12-2014 01:04 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 09:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No way.

For real?

This is a joke.

Please say this is a joke.

No joke. That thing ballooned with so many comments so fast, I gave up on it.

Do note that there were a lot of posts between one poster and Moron #1, where the first person was complaining about his the dangerous advice Moron #1 was giving. Moron #1 started whining that people wanted his posts deleted for speaking God's truth.

But, yeah, Morons #2 and 3 jumped in saying how demon-possessed are not Christians. Incidentally, since I posted that a contender for Moron #4 offered the explanation that anyone full of the Holy Spirit cannot be demon-possessed. This was questioned by Moron #1 asking why Paul was possessed.

If I feel less lazy tonight, I may lift direct quotes so you can gaze into the madness as I have. I'm trying to shield you in the same way that you never directly look at an eclipse. For some reason, I feel compelled to damage my retinas brain permanently.

(23-12-2014 10:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Why do you torture yourself like this Robby?

I don't know. Maybe it's to make myself feel better about myself the way people who watch depressing movies do.

In all honesty, I go there to actually engage theists more directly. There are quite a few who offer really good give-and-take conversations. Sadly, it seems the majority of the posters there see view all atheists with extreme suspicion at best and as dishonest trolls at worst. This causes a significant number of them to act quite hostilely and troll the atheists*. It is up to my judgment to scroll past the obvious troll posts to spare my sanity/blood pressure.

* I'll have to dig up the image macro one person posted three days ago about why nonbelievers are all fools, no matter how eloquent they sound, and all they deserve is trolling. This is not an exaggeration.

You keep this up and you’ll go mad sucked into the tornado-like vortex of disassociation in one great woooooooooooooo-sh!

Run while you still can Robby!

[Image: tornado-running-boy-16143141.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2014, 06:42 AM
In my defense, I find myself scrolling more and commenting less, lately.
24-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Maybe I should join...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-12-2014, 08:02 AM
(24-12-2014 07:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Maybe I should join...

Yeah, cos face-palming is a great cure for your headaches.

Dodgy

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
24-12-2014, 08:16 AM

You'd actually probably be a pretty good edition. You know enough about the scriptural aspect that you could jump into the posts aimed at Christians quite productively, and you're intellectually honest enough to not just jump in on the atheist-bashing post-de-jour.

You also might be a good fit in that Den of Baptists group I'm in. It's more Christian-centric (I think I'm the only atheist) and there are a few prominent Calvinists that post there. It's a lot more debating theology and doctrine.

If you're interested, I can give you the name of either group.
24-12-2014, 08:35 AM
<picture of Coyote about to fall after running off a cliff. Caption: "Laws of logic are immaterial, unchanging & universal. God is likewise immaterial, unchanging & universal.

Without God how do you get laws that do not change from a constantly changing universe?"
>

Me: Pepperoni is round and red. Frisbees are round and red. Without pepperoni, how do you get frisbees that are round and red?

OP: Rob, I cant stand the taste of blue either; especially on Thursdays

Another poster: Rob, you get them from the same place that you get pepperoni-- people. We're asking where you would get them if people didn't make them.

Me: <name>, if you can't prove that a god is necessary, then I don't see how this is any different. My answer is "I don't know". Pluggin God in as the answer is a simple God of the Gaps.
24-12-2014, 08:42 AM
(24-12-2014 08:16 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

You'd actually probably be a pretty good edition. You know enough about the scriptural aspect that you could jump into the posts aimed at Christians quite productively, and you're intellectually honest enough to not just jump in on the atheist-bashing post-de-jour.

You also might be a good fit in that Den of Baptists group I'm in. It's more Christian-centric (I think I'm the only atheist) and there are a few prominent Calvinists that post there. It's a lot more debating theology and doctrine.

If you're interested, I can give you the name of either group.

Hrmmmm

Yeah why not.

Hit me up on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/kingschosen

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-12-2014, 10:01 AM
(24-12-2014 08:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hit me up on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/kingschosen

I messaged you the names of the two groups. You have to put in a request to join either one. The apologetics one is a fairly large, closed group. The Baptist one is smaller, open, and run by a friend of mine.
03-01-2015, 05:22 PM
In a thread asking about the best way to evangelize to Muslims:

Quote:They think they know the Truth. They are lied to about Christianity. Islam, Communism, Darwinism, these are just a few systems of thought that seek to brainwash their followers by lying about the "other" and in this case the "other" is Biblical Christianity.

Runner up approach: ask them "What has Allah done for you lately?", (the context being that Allah doesn't desire relationships).
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
03-01-2015, 05:27 PM
(03-01-2015 05:22 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  In a thread asking about the best way to evangelize to Muslims:

Quote:They think they know the Truth. They are lied to about Christianity. Islam, Communism, Darwinism, these are just a few systems of thought that seek to brainwash their followers by lying about the "other" and in this case the "other" is Biblical Christianity.

Runner up approach: ask them "What has Allah done for you lately?", (the context being that Allah doesn't desire relationships).

That reminds me of a Baptist preacher who, during the loud part of his sermon, yelled "Muslims don't have a savior. ASK THEM. THEY'LL TELL YOU."

Of course, that argument is only meaningful if your religion tells you that you need a savior... Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson