Best place to debate theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2012, 02:52 PM
RE: Best place to debate theists
There are atheists, agnostics, pantheists, deists, and theists here.

We have our pet theist, a resident theist, visiting theists, occasional theists, and drive-by theists.

Plenty for everyone.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-12-2012, 03:21 PM
(27-12-2012 02:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are atheists, agnostics, pantheists, deists, and theists here.

We have our pet theist, a resident theist, visiting theists, occasional theists, and drive-by theists.

Plenty for everyone.
Forgot Satanists as well.

Also, is Egor the pet theist and I'm the resident theist or vice versa?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
27-12-2012, 03:21 PM
(27-12-2012 03:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 02:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are atheists, agnostics, pantheists, deists, and theists here.

Plenty for everyone.
Forgot Satanists as well.

Also, is Egor the pet theist and I'm the resident theist or vice versa?
I try to forget Satanists. Drinking Beverage

I was thinking that you were our pet theist; Egor isn't paper-trained. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-12-2012, 04:05 PM
... in a coma.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
27-12-2012, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2012 04:22 PM by Buddy Christ.)
The best place to debate theists?

Abortion clinics, "put creationism is the science classroom" rallies, "making free condoms available to high school students" protests, court hearings to put the Ten Commandments in our courthouses... basically any sort of movement or gathering intent on removing another person's freedom or stemming the progress of human knowledge.

You might want to change your mindset on the "debate" part though. You will be essentially be giving well-thought out and articulate monologues to a parrot. Practice beforehand by playing a tape recording that only repeats "God did it" and "where's your evidence of atheism?" on a 2 hour loop. After you've smashed the tape recorder to bits, you may want to rethink your plan as you'll soon discover that "debating theists" is actually a euphemism for "very slow and painful suicide."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
27-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Islamic countries is a good place, but make sure you are well defended.
27-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Why would you actively seek a debate with theists without some form of monetary compensation? Consider

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
27-12-2012, 06:44 PM
With atheist websites, there is slim pickings. With Christian websites they play with the ban hammer as if it was a personal massager. I know a few places you could do it, there are a few facebook groups. Mainly the only good place is where they want to debate. (Where they openly challenge it) But still the same problem, 90% of theists I've debated with are dumbfucks. I mean...really they tend to not care. (There are some that do, but they're over drowned by their fellow's ignorance.)

Here are some links if you really want to...but you're just wasting time.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGodDebate/

http://figment.com/groups/9259-Evolution...ent-Design

http://figment.com/groups/8255-Debate-

http://www.debate.org/

On dA you can just go on a controversial piece like abortion or atheism and pick from the comments. Have fun I guess...

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
28-12-2012, 12:19 AM

(27-12-2012 03:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  I was thinking that you were our pet theist; Egor isn't paper-trained. Consider

Damn right I'm not paper-trained. I piss on your philosophy every fucking day without conscience. You will never put a collar on me, you will never ride me like a bitch. Rather, I will drag you by your motherfucking hair, kicking and screaming, to the feet of Christ where you will be judged and sent to hell for denying the Creator which formed you for His purposes.

You don't like me; that's fine. But you better wake up while you still have a chance, get a little dignity in your bones, and learn to fear God like any rational human being would.

Now, excuse me, I have to get the last bit of eggnog out of this cup. Drinking Beverage

(27-12-2012 06:44 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  With atheist websites, there is slim pickings. With Christian websites they play with the ban hammer as if it was a personal massager. I know a few places you could do it, there are a few facebook groups. Mainly the only good place is where they want to debate. (Where they openly challenge it) But still the same problem, 90% of theists I've debated with are dumbfucks. I mean...really they tend to not care. (There are some that do, but they're over drowned by their fellow's ignorance.)

Here are some links if you really want to...but you're just wasting time.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGodDebate/

http://figment.com/groups/9259-Evolution...ent-Design

http://figment.com/groups/8255-Debate-

http://www.debate.org/

On dA you can just go on a controversial piece like abortion or atheism and pick from the comments. Have fun I guess...

I appreciate you posting the facebook group, "The God Debate." Some idiot posted, "Aren't there any theists in here?" Haha...I had to join.

Wait'll they get a load of me. Hahahahahaha.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
28-12-2012, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2012 01:21 AM by ideasonscribe.)
(28-12-2012 12:19 AM)Egor Wrote:  Rather, I will drag you by your motherfucking hair, kicking and screaming, to the feet of Christ where you will be judged and sent to hell for denying the Creator which formed you for His purposes.

How can you be serious about this?
Your presentation of God pushes people away from Him even further. You're not helping Egor. You're demeanor is a serious flaw and it's completely shocking that a person can actually think that this is how someone who believes in something like God is suppose to act.

You have serious problems, and I have a serious problem with you.

(EDIT: I am aware that I have shown some flaws on this Forum as well. So if I am out of line here, let me know...)

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
[+] 3 users Like ideasonscribe's post