Best points to plant the seed of doubt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 10:20 AM by TheInquisition.)
RE: Best points to plant the seed of doubt
(05-04-2017 08:35 AM)LiveAndLove Wrote:  Hey, my dear friends! I used to call myself an atheist like many of you may do, and so I understand where you come from! I would love to address some of these points in love and honesty. Whatever it may do, I wish you all the best <3
I already question your honesty here, sure you were an atheist. Laugh out load

(05-04-2017 08:35 AM)LiveAndLove Wrote:  1. Indeed, prayer does not change the rate of events happening. God always knew what we would pray about, and our prayer itself changes nothing in this sense, wether we say it in our hearts or through words. It is through His good will it happens. I believe He shows us that it is good and OK for us to come and ask our heavenly Father for what it may be that we wish for and that it will be granted to us, not because of our good words, but because He is good and loves us. I also believe this helps strenghten our relationship to Him, and draw us closer to Him in faith and love <3

Prayer doesn't change anything except when it does. Facepalm

(05-04-2017 08:35 AM)LiveAndLove Wrote:  2. I think I understand what you mean <3
The ten commandments were given to Israel to lead them in the right direction. I believe it was what they needed at the time. God didn't intend it to be necessary for them but He makes the best out of bad situations. Behind the ten commandments, also known as the law, is love. For love does not hurt anyone, and has no ill will towards ones neighbour. No one will cheat, lie, steal, rape, kill or do any evil to someone they love. Though not everything is written in the ten commandments, we can understand what it is truly about, even by itself as a whole. Even so, Jesus said that the ten commandments can be summed up in two commandments: Love God with all your heart, all your soul and all your strength and love your neighbour as yourself. The first 4 commandment tells of our relationship to God, and the 6 others of our relationship to our neighbours. As we read in the New Testament, we are no longer under the law, after Jesus died for us and rose again, defeating death. The law is now written in our hearts. We all know right from wrong, because God has poured His spirit upon us. We all know of His nature, for His Spirit does not witness against itself. We know OF Him, but we can also KNOW Him if we seek Him! The Bible tells us that: "God is love". The Bible also tells us: "There is no greater law than love, for the law was written by love".

Yeah, killing someone for working on the Sabbath or using god's name in vain is so loving. Facepalm

Feel free to stop lying to our faces.

(05-04-2017 08:35 AM)LiveAndLove Wrote:  3. Jesus said: "Seek, and you shall find." God never encourages a blind faith on which nothing lies upon. In fact, the absolute contrary. God provides all that we need to believe wholeheartedly in the Truth of His word. Why search for false gods we create in our image, rather than seeking Him who is the Way, the Truth and the Life and who created us in His image? He lets Himself be known to all who searches Him with their whole heart. I personally experienced this, and it is a gift God wants everyone to enjoy! If you have this wish in your heart, but struggle with doubts and other things, don't worry <3 It will be granted to you if it is what you want. <3

Seek and you shall find- confirmation bias. Facepalm

(05-04-2017 08:35 AM)LiveAndLove Wrote:  With love
- A child of Jesus gullible dupe<3

Fixed it for you! Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
05-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Best points to plant the seed of doubt
(17-02-2015 02:59 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I've been learning about Sumerian mythology lately, it is jaw-dropping how every myth in the book of Genesis is straight from Sumeria/Babylonian myth stories. I'm just getting started on it, it's quite a bit of book reading involved, but there is no doubt that the creation myth, flood myth, and even the Tower of Babel myth come straight from the Sumerians. Judaism is the Microsoft of religions, they just steal stuff from other religions, tweak it a little and then claim it was their idea. Dodgy

Well actually, this proves the Bible to be true. Even other religions speak of the events in the Bible.

I have been told this many times.
05-04-2017, 10:45 AM
(05-04-2017 08:35 AM)LiveAndLove Wrote:  Hey, my dear friends! I used to call myself an atheist like many of you may do, and so I understand where you come from!

Uh huh.

How do you define 'atheist' and why did you hold that position?

What made you change your mind?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
05-04-2017, 11:48 AM
(05-04-2017 10:20 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 02:59 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I've been learning about Sumerian mythology lately, it is jaw-dropping how every myth in the book of Genesis is straight from Sumeria/Babylonian myth stories. I'm just getting started on it, it's quite a bit of book reading involved, but there is no doubt that the creation myth, flood myth, and even the Tower of Babel myth come straight from the Sumerians. Judaism is the Microsoft of religions, they just steal stuff from other religions, tweak it a little and then claim it was their idea. Dodgy

Well actually, this proves the Bible to be true. Even other religions speak of the events in the Bible.

I have been told this many times.

The Moses myth came from Sumerian story/myth of Sargon of Akkad which predates the Moses myth by several hundred years. Sargon, as a baby was placed in a reed basket by his peasant mother and put into the Euphrates River. He floated down stream and was picked up by a palace worker. Sargon grew up in the palace as a royal member of the household and rose to be a great leader of his nation.

Hummmm Consider This sure sounds familiar.

My guess is that this story traveled west on the Silk Road.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-04-2017, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 11:54 AM by Deesse23.)
(05-04-2017 08:35 AM)LiveAndLove Wrote:  Hey, my dear friends!
I would love to address some of these points in love and honesty.
With love
- A child of Jesus <3

Is it common amongst Jesus´childs to talk to other people, whom you call friends, but not listen to them at all? Because thats what you are doing here. If so, thanks, but no thanks, im not interersted to join a group of people who dont listen to what i have to say.

Is it considered to be loving and honest in your cult to go to other peoples place, say something and leave, obviously not being interested in their points of view? If so, thanks, but no thanks, im not interersted to join a group of people who just preach and arent interested in my points of view. I prefer to be taken serious, Thanks again, but im not interested in being talked to and then being ignored.

Are all childs of Jesus like you? Are all childs of Jesus just talking to bypassing stranges and dont give them a chance to reply.

Thanks, but i am not interested at all in this kind of *love* and *honesty*.

What would you think, if i would walk into your church, tell you how great islam is (with love and honesty and stuff, ya know), and then walk right out again? You are trying to convince me of the existence of your god, but you dont seem to know even the basics of etiquette? Start working on your etiquette, then we can start to talk about your unfounded belief(s).

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
05-04-2017, 11:58 AM
In the eye with a 30/30. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2017, 12:09 PM
People believe there is a god. Some people believe there are gods. If there is one god there's no reason there can't be more. This means they have to decide if the god they believe in is the right one. Enter faith. People can say their faith makes them sure they have the right god. But the vast majority of people have their parents' faith. So if they were born to different parents with a different faith they'd have faith in a different god and their faith then would say that people who have the faith of the first set of parents is false. AND people change faiths. No penalty appears to accrue from that. If the penalty comes in the afterworld then it's too late to be an example for others.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
05-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Adding to my previous post about the baby in the reed basket floating down river myth. There are other similar stories. One is from India. I believe the character's name was Karna and his mother put him in a basket, I think it was in the Ganges river, and he floated downstream. He was conceived out of wedlock and she didn't think she could take care of him. Karna went on to be a warrior king or something like that.

I'm not so sure but that American Indians might also have a similar story. (I'd have to check on that though.) A lot of river myths around the world have similar stories. American Indian myths are very, very complicated so you really have to read a lot of stuff to locate a particular story.

Anyway.... back to the topic of the thread.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-04-2017, 05:30 AM
One more: There are equivalents of almost every story in the Bible in older, non monotheistic texts (Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, ...) Even the tale of a ressurected savior is an old one.
06-04-2017, 07:22 AM
(05-04-2017 08:35 AM)LiveAndLove Wrote:  Hey, my dear friends! I used to call myself an atheist like many of you may do, and so I understand where you come from! I would love to address some of these points in love and honesty. Whatever it may do, I wish you all the best <3

1. Indeed, prayer does not change the rate of events happening. God always knew what we would pray about, and our prayer itself changes nothing in this sense, wether we say it in our hearts or through words. It is through His good will it happens. I believe He shows us that it is good and OK for us to come and ask our heavenly Father for what it may be that we wish for and that it will be granted to us, not because of our good words, but because He is good and loves us. I also believe this helps strenghten our relationship to Him, and draw us closer to Him in faith and love <3

2. I think I understand what you mean <3
The ten commandments were given to Israel to lead them in the right direction. I believe it was what they needed at the time. God didn't intend it to be necessary for them but He makes the best out of bad situations. Behind the ten commandments, also known as the law, is love. For love does not hurt anyone, and has no ill will towards ones neighbour. No one will cheat, lie, steal, rape, kill or do any evil to someone they love. Though not everything is written in the ten commandments, we can understand what it is truly about, even by itself as a whole. Even so, Jesus said that the ten commandments can be summed up in two commandments: Love God with all your heart, all your soul and all your strength and love your neighbour as yourself. The first 4 commandment tells of our relationship to God, and the 6 others of our relationship to our neighbours. As we read in the New Testament, we are no longer under the law, after Jesus died for us and rose again, defeating death. The law is now written in our hearts. We all know right from wrong, because God has poured His spirit upon us. We all know of His nature, for His Spirit does not witness against itself. We know OF Him, but we can also KNOW Him if we seek Him! The Bible tells us that: "God is love". The Bible also tells us: "There is no greater law than love, for the law was written by love".

3. Jesus said: "Seek, and you shall find." God never encourages a blind faith on which nothing lies upon. In fact, the absolute contrary. God provides all that we need to believe wholeheartedly in the Truth of His word. Why search for false gods we create in our image, rather than seeking Him who is the Way, the Truth and the Life and who created us in His image? He lets Himself be known to all who searches Him with their whole heart. I personally experienced this, and it is a gift God wants everyone to enjoy! If you have this wish in your heart, but struggle with doubts and other things, don't worry <3 It will be granted to you if it is what you want. <3

With love
- A child of Jesus <3

> And how is any of that unwarranted proselytizing going to plant the seeds of doubt in atheists' minds?