Best purchase you've made for under $10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2017, 09:46 AM
RE: Best purchase you've made for under $10
(12-10-2017 09:33 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
[Image: 1cd68740-9bfb-48e0-b602-d7d56af63944.jpg]

Sorry guys... but someone had to lower the tone of the debate.

Shy

This thread question is a debate? Laugh out load Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2017, 09:47 AM
(12-10-2017 09:46 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 09:33 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
[Image: 1cd68740-9bfb-48e0-b602-d7d56af63944.jpg]

Sorry guys... but someone had to lower the tone of the debate.

Shy

This thread question is a debate? Laugh out load Tongue

Every thread here is debatable. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
12-10-2017, 09:48 AM
(12-10-2017 09:47 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 09:46 AM)jennybee Wrote:  This thread question is a debate? Laugh out load Tongue

Every thread here is debatable. Facepalm

That's debatable Drinking Beverage Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Okay well here's my debate for mesh lingerie bags. First, they take the hand out of handwashable. Second, they're eco-friendly. Third, you can also use them for the zombie apocalypse for a go bag. *drops mic* Tongue

12-10-2017, 10:05 AM
(12-10-2017 09:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 09:47 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Every thread here is debatable. Facepalm

That's debatable Drinking Beverage Tongue

[Image: argue.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
12-10-2017, 10:06 AM
(12-10-2017 09:51 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Okay well here's my debate for mesh lingerie bags. First, they take the hand out of handwashable. Second, they're eco-friendly. Third, you can also use them for the zombie apocalypse for a go bag. *drops mic* Tongue

A lady I knew in LA could get most of her wardrobe into one of those.
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
12-10-2017, 10:22 AM
I think the best way to save money is to not buy the bullshit marketing of big business, in that if you don't buy this now, you are a loser, or you wont fit in, or you wont look good.

I am no fan of too much cheap crap being made either. I think our planet suffers from an economy that produces at the cost of too much pollution. But, for example, I think one of the biggest bullshit scams are jewelry. I get that people like pretty things, I do. I still have my wedding ring even though I am divorced.

But we live in an age where a Superbowl ticket could be a down payment on a house. We live in an age where a cell phone costs as much as a luxury car payment. We live in an age where what used to be mundane items are sold on Home Shopping Network and QVC with slick language like "easy pay" and "flex pay".

I think it does not have to be a choice of always buying disposable crap, but it should not be about CEOs and shareholders not looking forward, and simply chasing a buck.

The best buys I have made have ever made are ones that last, the trick is to buy what lasts without being gouged.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
12-10-2017, 10:53 AM
(12-10-2017 10:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I think the best way to save money is to not buy the bullshit marketing of big business...

I think our planet suffers from an economy that produces at the cost of too much pollution...

I think it does not have to be a choice of always buying disposable crap, but it should not be about CEOs and shareholders not looking forward, and simply chasing a buck...

Hey... Brian, mate... there's really no need to turn every thread you post on into a major treatise about the socioeconomic and moral wrongs and rights of our society.

You need to lighten up for a bit, and have a joke once in a while. You'll live longer too. Wink

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 5 users Like SYZ's post
12-10-2017, 11:05 AM
I hear you, Brian. Once you have kids, you realize how much disposable crap comes along with it. From day 1, too.
I did cloth diapering for this very reason. Diapers take 4,000 years to biodegrade. And I am the mom who doesn't allow balloons or goody bags at her kids' parties. Fun sucker mom. lol

But I try and keep a balance, too. My little perfume bottles are recyclable. And not tested on animals. I feel that is enough Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
13-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Many years ago, while perusing the 'Second hand' magazines and 'Out of Print' secion of a comic store (Comics who's parent company no longer existed, so no more issues would be forthomming) I came across a large, beautifully bound/made art book produced by Patrick Nagel.

This one => https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=..._B0IxwEwGQ

Some one had placed a hand drawn '$10' sticker on the protective plastic cover. I snapped it up.

Sad Sadly... said book along with a few other choice pieces of stuff have disappeared during house moves and such. Sad

Ah well... There's always 'Amazon' and such for possible bargains to be had. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post