Best quote I heard someone say eye to eye to a priest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2011, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 02:28 PM by Observer.)
Best quote I heard someone say eye to eye to a priest
Concerning the death of my parents, I heard a well befriended farmer say to a priest:

"I'm sorry to say sir, but If God exists, I'll kick his ass some day and he’ll know why!"

It’s quotes like this that keep me alive these days... Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Observer's post
09-12-2011, 02:14 PM
RE: Best quote I heard someone say eye to eye to a priest
(09-12-2011 02:08 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Concerning the death of my parents, I heard a well befriended farmer say to a priest:

"I'm sorry to say sir, but It God exists, I'll kick his ass some day and he’ll know why!"

It’s quotes like this that keep me alive these days... Smile

Awesome, Dude! These are the sorts of gems you need to hold onto to get you through!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
(09-12-2011 02:08 PM)The_observer Wrote:  "I'm sorry to say sir, but if God exists, I'll kick his ass some day and he’ll know why!"

Wow! I love that.
Reminds me that every once in a while, humanity has the guts to look itself in the mirror and tell it like it is.

Heart Hang tough T_O & find your smiles when you can.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
09-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah, hang in there, dude. Do your best to find solace in whatever you can. Especially humor. What happened was a true tragedy. My condolences.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
09-12-2011, 03:30 PM
I copied that quote to an archive of great quotes that I have amassed. It is among the best in the archives. If god does exist, he doesn't work in mysterious ways, he is just a shitheaded megalomaniac.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
[+] 1 user Likes No J.'s post
09-12-2011, 04:11 PM
(09-12-2011 03:30 PM)No J. Wrote:  I copied that quote to an archive of great quotes that I have amassed. It is among the best in the archives. If god does exist, he doesn't work in mysterious ways, he is just a shitheaded megalomaniac.
Reminds me of the following:

And so the devil explained his vile plan:
"Let’s create a world where you can be happy but mostly you won't be and there is not much you can do about it. MWHAHAHAHAHA!!
Oh wait, That’s already been done"
[+] 6 users Like Observer's post
12-12-2011, 12:50 AM
My aunt is Catholic and usually she invites the priest for dinner.
Several years ago when my brother was 5 and saw the priest he asked him:

Why believe in god if no one has seen him?

The priest was surprised and just stared at him. He didn't say a word and my aunt had to apologize for the dumb question.

I guess the man didn't expect such a question from a 5 years old child.

Of course, my brother is an atheist now. (Hey bro, if you ever read this, I'm still proud of you!)

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like KVron's post