Best sites to show where Bible was NOT historically accurate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Looking for quality websites that show where and how the bible was NOT historically accurate.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2012, 02:50 PM
RE: Best sites to show where Bible was NOT historically accurate?
Here is a link to Bart Ehrman' site. He is a professor at UNC. There are also some good YouTube videos with him.

http://www.bartdehrman.com/

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
04-12-2012, 02:56 PM
There might be some possible information you are looking for In the Atheists/agnostic library.

It's in the important thread topics.

You'll find a lot of links.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
(04-12-2012 02:56 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  There might be some possible information you are looking for In the Atheists/agnostic library.

It's in the important thread topics.

You'll find a lot of links.

That

Or ask Bucky Ball. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
05-12-2012, 02:07 AM
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html

It's historical inaccuracies AND scientific inaccuracies, but both can be lumped together since they're both technically "things that don't coincide with reality."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
05-12-2012, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2012 09:22 AM by DeavonReye.)
Great sources and links, guys.

I'm in a debate with an UBER religious guy who claims that "nothing in the bible can be disproven" and that "I am in denial of that". I even posted a few of the things off skepticsannotatedbible and he replied that these "have been answered again and again". It MAY be one of those "lost causes" types of things, but I just posted several bits of information ending with the major doubts of any biblical "exodus" ever taking place. I'm sure he'll come back with more personal attacks and refusal to bend from his indoctrination. I may have to let him have "the final word", but as I told him, . . . his argument isn't with me, but with the overwhelming numbers of professors and biblical scholars from universities worldwide. He's so blinded, though, that he won't admit his error.
05-12-2012, 09:20 AM
(05-12-2012 09:18 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Great sources and links, guys.

I'm in a debate with an UBER religious guy who claims that "nothing in the bible can be disproven" and that "I am in denial of that". I even posted a few of the things off skepticsannotatedbible and he replied that these "have been answered again and again". It MAY be one of those "lost causes" types of things, but I just posted several bits of information ending with the major doubts of any biblical "exodus" ever taking place. I'm sure he'll come back with more personal attacks and refusal to bend from his indoctrination. I may have to let him have "the final word", but as I told him, . . . his argument isn't with me, but with the overwhelming numbers of professors and biblical scholars from universities worldwide. He's so blinded, though, that he won't admit his error.

good luck but with the mindset you describe I don't think you'll get far.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
05-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Yeah, probably not. He has always been this way.

Does anyone have short pieces of info that can show errors quickly? For example, something like "Tyre was said to have been destroyed, but it is still in existence today". Something quick and to the point like that? It would be appreciated.

For the most part, though, I'll just have to let him talk and hope that those who read the thread will see how this guy is wrong in his information AND how he treats others [though claiming to be a christian].
05-12-2012, 09:45 AM
A short bit on adding the Trinity.

http://youtu.be/FOSmbmEfqBY

David Hume
05-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Good link. It seems that it has been a common theme that people nearly demand their religion to be what THEY want it to be. . . . back before there was even a constructed Canon, all the way to current times with the most pious of apologists.