Best sites to show where Bible was NOT historically accurate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2012, 10:20 PM
RE: Best sites to show where Bible was NOT historically accurate?
Well the Bible didn't actually make that many claims that could be compared with the history books. Just ask him to name one thing that the Bible mentioned that couldn't have been known at the time. The Bible was horrific at its knowledge of medicine. Blindness is apparently caused by sin and can be cured by a holy man rubbing mud in your eyes. Leprosy can be cured by killing two birds and dripping their blood on yourself seven times. Apart from Tyre, off the top of my head I know that the Bible claimed that Damascus would be a ruinous, uninhabitable heap... and it still exists today as the relatively prosperous capital of Syria. No nuggets of wisdom or groundbreaking mathematical formulas were offered by the "knowledge" of the Bible.

It's barely passable as a work of fiction, let alone any kind of historically accurate guidebook. "Nothing in the Bible can be disproven." Ask him what happened to all the dragons, giants, satyrs, witches, necromancers, unicorns, and zombies that were so abundant in the book of historical accuracy.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
05-12-2012, 10:25 PM
There are so many I wouldn't know where to start.
My newest list is one in the Intro to the New Testament (in Yale thread).
In session 5, he clearly demonstrates the missionary trips of Paul are listed completely differently in his letters, and in Acts.
The videos, "Unearthing the Bible" (on YouTube) are full of them.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

06-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Buddy, I have brought up such things but he disregards them or never counters them. Even this morning, . . . after posting about the many scholars who have done much research, . . . he puts them [scholars] in quotes, in an attempt to belittle their findings, yet refuses to offer sources for HIS arguments. I think he knows he has nothing, so he says that I "am a whiner", "in denial", and "need to grow up". As if that will cause me to "shame myself to convert to his beliefs".

I think I will just end the "debate". He is helplessly indoctrinated.
07-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Iron Chariots might be worth a look: http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t..._the_Bible

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
07-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Ah yes. Forgot about that one. Thanks, Hafnof!