Best story?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Best story?
As the title suggests, what video game has/had the best story line?

For me it was Warcraft 3.
The story was fantastic.

And this is just about the story, gameplay is irrelevant.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2013, 07:50 AM
RE: Best story?
I like frogger. But I'm not much of a gamer. Tongue

My boyfriend says Bioshock Infinite. He says the presentation of the story was done really well. I have to say I enjoyed that one as a bystander, too.

Also, The Tales series (tales of symphonia, tales of vesperia) he says is pretty good.
04-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Half Life 2, I felt in that world.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
04-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Dragon Quest VII had a great story, even better if you unlocked the good ending.

Jade Empire was pretty decent as well (X-box game by Bioware)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Damn.. I have no idea. I came across a lot of games with great stories.
Eternal Darkness, Beyond Good and Evil, Second Sight, Gemini Rue, most recently would have to be Tell Tale Games The Walking Dead. That game tugs on your heart. Never had I actually felt such a connection between characters before, Clementine, there is just no way to describe it. I remember when I decide to kill this guy and when I heard Clementine gasp and gave a look of horror. I just couldn't take it, I actually regretted something I did in a game. I mean..how the fuck does that happen?
I love adventure games, they usually have a great story behind them.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
04-12-2013, 11:47 PM
The Witcher series, hands down. Yes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
04-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Have to agree with grizzlysnake, The Walking Dead was by far the best story I've played through in a long time. I too had the same reactions to some of the events, and that ending... my god. There were times where I regretting doing some things so badly, simply due to Clem's reactions, that I used the rewind option in the games menu and played through large sections again to get another outcome. Have you played The Wolf Among Us yet? I've played the first chapter and have very high hopes for it.

I have to say I quite enjoy the Halo stories as well, though I think more so because of what the books add to it. The games are great in their own right but without the books the story is pretty shallow.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
[+] 2 users Like Anudist's post
04-12-2013, 11:57 PM
(04-12-2013 11:49 PM)Anudist Wrote:  Have to agree with grizzlysnake, The Walking Dead was by far the best story I've played through in a long time. I too had the same reactions to some of the events, and that ending... my god. There were times where I regretting doing some things so badly, simply due to Clem's reactions, that I used the rewind option in the games menu and played through large sections again to get another outcome. Have you played The Wolf Among Us yet? I've played the first chapter and have very high hopes for it.

I have to say I quite enjoy the Halo stories as well, though I think more so because of what the books add to it. The games are great in their own right but without the books the story is pretty shallow.
Yeah, I'm interested though haven't bought it yet. Maybe I'll wait for a sale. How is the game play, is it similar to the Walking Dead?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
05-12-2013, 12:19 AM
(04-12-2013 11:57 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Yeah, I'm interested though haven't bought it yet. Maybe I'll wait for a sale. How is the game play, is it similar to the Walking Dead?

Good plan, I waited on The Walking Dead until the entire season was over. Got it for like 5 bucks and 400 days for $.99. That was on PC of course. I bought the Wolf Among Us on the Xbox 360 because I had a bunch of credit to use.

Gameplay is identical to the Walking Dead. QTE's, timed choices, and some detective work. The story is set in modern New York, with storybook characters like the Big Bad Wolf, Beauty and the Beast, Mister Toad, Grendel, and a slew of others. Very adult setting, though, so keep that in mind. It's quite grimm (pseudo-pun intended).

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
[+] 1 user Likes Anudist's post
05-12-2013, 04:05 AM
Tough to answer this one... hmmm ... FFVII, GTA4, BioShock, Dragon Age, Sherlock Holmes 6, oooh oooh, I know I know! The Last of us! Fallout New Vegas, Too Human. ... I don't think I can pick a winner. WORST ENDING EVER goes to L.A Noir! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member