Best weekend ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Best weekend ever
I just feel like sharing this Smile
The photos are linked because they are huge. But they are of course safe for work etc.

So a while ago a very good friend of mine asked me and my mr, if we'd like to come for her and another friends big weekend thing for their birthdays.
Yes of course, I'd be in!

So this trip was last weekend.
Basically my mr and I took a very early train on Saturday out to the country side where we were picked up, after a small hike to the marina. We were picked up by our friends on a boat!
So we went by boat down a big river and towards another marina. That trip took about 30 - 45 minutes.
We ended up at a big zip line park where we had a slot booked for our group. So we went climbing and zip-lining and we slipped and got bruises and were scared as hell but we had a lot of fun Big Grin

http://i68.tinypic.com/2wqek5l.jpg

One special thing in the zip line park was that there were different parcours for different ages and also on different hights and difficulties. So the last one I wanted to do was the longest with heights up to 15 meters. And right in the beginning, there were two really scary and high up in the air balancing things. I completely freaked out but I beat my fear and did them. I had to because now I feel proud and accomplished. I noped out of that last parcours shortly after those two scary things though because my muscles just didn't want to do their job any more.

After the climbing and so on, we set up BBQ and the tent for the night. My mr is 2 meters tall and I am about 1.75 but we had borrowed a "2 men tent". We found out it is really only for 2 men because as we wanted our backpacks inside the tent, we got to hug those all night instead of each other.

After the BBQ, we decided to go back on the boat and play some very short LARP things...
The mr and I left at some point because of the need for sleep.

http://i64.tinypic.com/sf9ifo.jpg

In the morning, I found out that the park had no showers. Yay. Ah well. Washing up quickly and some deodorant was good enough for the moment.
Once on the boat we ate some burnt breakfast and then went on our way to cruise around a little. I took a nice nap on the boat. It feels so relaxing to be hear the hum of the motor and the chat of friends while the boat is moving.

We decided at some point that we needed to sing shanties, so that is what we did! Yes, 10 crazy people, on a rainy Irish morning, on a boat, singing sea shanties Big Grin

At some point we had to make our way back to the marina of the boat rental place.
I wish this weekend could have been stretched by a day or two. It was very fun to be with friends and having the fun we had.

http://i66.tinypic.com/a4o36e.jpg

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Leerob's post
23-05-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: Best weekend ever
Sounds like a wonderful time!

Gorgeous pictures too. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Nice oneThumbsup

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
24-05-2016, 10:33 AM
What sort of LARP, Leela? I'm also a (former) LARPer, with a US organization called NERO.

Looks like y'all had a good time, even if you got a little bit funky without showers. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
25-05-2016, 12:00 PM
(24-05-2016 10:33 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  What sort of LARP, Leela? I'm also a (former) LARPer, with a US organization called NERO.
Oh nothing known. I think one person in our group wrote them.
Basically we are all LARPers and we had 3 people (including myself) who write LARPs and RPGs. So usually when we get together like this, someone will bring something they wrote. (we also tend to test play each others games before we run them on conventions etc)
These two were really short, playing with real life ideas.
The first one was about a group of students and the topic was about school shootings.
The second one was about a family getting together and a sex tape.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post