Betsy DeVos possible Sec. of Education

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Betsy DeVos possible Sec. of Education
So here's trumps pick of the head of Education, Betsy DeVos. This is a profile of her by Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

https://au.org/church-state/september-20...eak-attack

Here is an interview along with her husband with comments on bringing church back into schools.

http://www.politico.com/video/2016/12/th...ies-061694

It seems that ol Betsy is using the term "school voucher" as a way to sneak religion into our schools. Fuck this bitch and fuck trump for picking her.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: Betsy DeVos possible Sec. of Education
(03-12-2016 07:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So here's trumps pick of the head of Education, Betsy DeVos. This is a profile of her by Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

https://au.org/church-state/september-20...eak-attack

Here is an interview along with her husband with comments on bringing church back into schools.

http://www.politico.com/video/2016/12/th...ies-061694

It seems that ol Betsy is using the term "school voucher" as a way to sneak religion into our schools. Fuck this bitch and fuck trump for picking her.

Yup -- that's what vouchers are all about. Public schools have certain standards (like not teaching religion in science classes). Private schools don't have to adhere to those standards. Vouchers allow people to send their children to unregulated private schools at public expense. This is a big issue here in Wisconsin, where our prick of a governor has been pushing vouchers along with all his other crap. Another of his "accomplishments" was busting unions for public employees in Wisconsin, and the lack of union support may have cost the Democrats the election (Wisconsin "went red" in both the Presidential and Senate races).
03-12-2016, 07:55 PM
She's a typical Hollander (Michigan, not Netherlands) --- a Christian Reformed type....

I've worked for these heathens -- who really believe "If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much".....

Sort of a watered down version of Apartheid..................

Her dad was a junkyard scrap dealer - and her husband a Amway huckster.....

I wouldn't let her educate my ol' lady's cat....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-12-2016, 08:01 PM
wrong thread

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
03-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Bullshit? Yes. Surprising pick? Not at all. Fucking orange cocksucker.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
03-12-2016, 10:32 PM
(03-12-2016 07:55 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  She's a typical Hollander (Michigan, not Netherlands) --- a Christian Reformed type....

I've worked for these heathens -- who really believe "If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much".....

Sort of a watered down version of Apartheid..................

Her dad was a junkyard scrap dealer - and her husband a Amway huckster.....

I wouldn't let her educate my ol' lady's cat....................

Also, her brother founded the G.I. Joe bad-guys corporation Blackwater. Yeah, those war criminal PMC shitheads. If evil is genetic, we're fucked. Trump isn't draining the swamp, he's adding mines and piranhas.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-12-2016, 10:36 PM
(03-12-2016 07:55 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Her dad was a junkyard scrap dealer - and her husband a Amway huckster.....

Sounds like the start of a song...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Did you really think a demagogue was going to raise the bar when it comes to public education? The less educated a population is. the more vulnerable it is to demagogical arguments. He is mearly providing the means to his re-election and that of other politician like him.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
03-12-2016, 10:56 PM
(03-12-2016 10:50 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Did you really think a demagogue was going to raise the bar when it comes to public education? The less educated a population is. the more vulnerable it is to demagogical arguments. He is mearly providing the means to his re-election and that of other politician like him.

What I'm blown away by is the speed with which he's able to act. 4 years of this kind of thing, USA will be a very different place, unless e.g. Supreme court and the Republican party themselves act to rein him in.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-12-2016, 01:47 AM
(03-12-2016 10:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  What I'm blown away by is the speed with which he's able to act. 4 years of this kind of thing, USA will be a very different place, unless e.g. Supreme court and the Republican party themselves act to rein him in.

I wouldn't worry to much about the school system in general. The American education system is rather resilient. Cutting in public education for charter schools is indeed a terrible move for the poorest, and most marginalised, Americans, but without much concequences to the middle class or the higher classes. It will also accentutate regional disparities in education quality with East and West coast states with much better schools and programs than those of central or southern States. In four years, he has time to screw, a little bit more, people who are screwed so often by the system that it became a fact of life. The thing I hate the most about politician is that when asked what's the most important thing to create a healthier, fairer and more productive society they always say education, yet they fail to fund and maintain a good public education system.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post