Better Late Than Never

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Better Late Than Never
I'm usually the one to show up late to the party, but that's ok, because the party doesn't really start until I'm there. Thumbsup

I finally caved and got myself an Xbox. No drinking and being home-ridden with medical issues has given me a lot of free time and a friend of mine was selling hers for $60, so I went for it. I finally got my hands on all the new games that I heard about but never figured I'd get around to playing. Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, a few Call Of Duty games, etc. It's been pretty good times.

I'm currently trying to beat Far Cry 3, and while my first love is shooters, it made me realize that I really like the whole stealth aspect as well. Having to figure out a way to sneak around a big place and off a few bad guys without getting caught is strangely satisfying. As soon as I've finished Far Cry, I'm gonna head out and get my hands on some Assassin's Creed to get my stealth fix. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Note: I prefer open-world, sandbox type stuff, but am open to pretty much anything.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
27-09-2014, 04:18 PM
RE: Better Late Than Never
(27-09-2014 04:13 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm usually the one to show up late to the party, but that's ok, because the party doesn't really start until I'm there. Thumbsup

I finally caved and got myself an Xbox. No drinking and being home-ridden with medical issues has given me a lot of free time and a friend of mine was selling hers for $60, so I went for it. I finally got my hands on all the new games that I heard about but never figured I'd get around to playing. Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, a few Call Of Duty games, etc. It's been pretty good times.

I'm currently trying to beat Far Cry 3, and while my first love is shooters, it made me realize that I really like the whole stealth aspect as well. Having to figure out a way to sneak around a big place and off a few bad guys without getting caught is strangely satisfying. As soon as I've finished Far Cry, I'm gonna head out and get my hands on some Assassin's Creed to get my stealth fix. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Note: I prefer open-world, sandbox type stuff, but am open to pretty much anything.

Skyrim

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
27-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Thumbsup No drinking - good to hear.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-09-2014, 04:30 PM
(27-09-2014 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thumbsup No drinking - good to hear.

Easy for you to say. Dodgy

Tongue

But yeah, not even on my birthday. It sucked, don't get me wrong, but I decided an arbitrary date in time was no good reason to set my ulcer back another few months.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
27-09-2014, 04:35 PM
(27-09-2014 04:30 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thumbsup No drinking - good to hear.

Easy for you to say. Dodgy

Tongue

But yeah, not even on my birthday. It sucked, don't get me wrong, but I decided an arbitrary date in time was no good reason to set my ulcer back another few months.

I worry about you - glad to hear you are backing of the drink.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-09-2014, 04:38 PM
(27-09-2014 04:13 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm usually the one to show up late to the party, but that's ok, because the party doesn't really start until I'm there. Thumbsup

XCOM: Enemy Within.
Dark Souls and DS II.
Red Dead Redemption.
Fable II. But not III. I will never recommend Fable III.
Dead Space I and II; don't care much for 3.
Mass Effect. All of it. And play it in order.
Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
BioShock.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Oooh Dead Space is fun! Bioshock has good story, too. My sister is addicted to Mass Effect right now, it's got good characters.

Good to hear you've found a semi-replacement-addiction that won't kill you Tongue Hug

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
27-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Yeah, Skyrim for open world...

Its beyond open world really, its more like a "fuck off, and do what you want" world... Even after you've done the main quests, factions, side quests and everything (which will take you hundreds of hours), there's still all the role playing fun to be had.

Plus there's...

Red Dead Redemption
GTA V
Assassin's Creed 1-4 (plus Rogue out this Autumn)
Far Cry 4 (out soon)
The Witcher 2

Dark Souls is a great game... But it will drive you insane. I haven't been on it since February after a massive rage quit, in which I smashed a table in half and yelled "FUCK" so loud it woke the whole street.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
27-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Shit... I forgot about the Fallout games.

Fallout 3 is a must, and Fallout New Vegas is well worth having too...

The graphics are shite, but the games are friggin' great.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
28-09-2014, 05:21 PM
How do people even play the 360 any more?
It's like stepping back in time and going from something like Skyrim to.. Pong.

[Image: oscar.png]