Beyond Belief- Beyond Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Beyond Belief- Beyond Atheism
Depends if I wanna flap my gums... Mofo comes up to me with his Jesus BS and I'm feeling all antisocial and shit, "Dude Imma atheist."

But if I've been drinking... I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet...

So... It's one of those things. Thing now is my rejection that the logical conclusion of atheism is nilihism, and I got no truck with that. :/

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
18-10-2014, 10:39 PM
(18-10-2014 09:07 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Depends if I wanna flap my gums... Mofo comes up to me with his Jesus BS and I'm feeling all antisocial and shit, "Dude Imma atheist."

But if I've been drinking... I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet...

So... It's one of those things. Thing now is my rejection that the logical conclusion of atheism is nilihism, and I got no truck with that. :/

Caantooooooooooooooooor!!! How was the Hilbert Hotel? I thought we'd fucken lost you after they stuck you in room # infinity+1.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
20-10-2014, 05:57 AM
(17-10-2014 11:13 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  How do you feel about the term "Atheist"? Do you call yourself something else?

If I'm talking with people I don't really know, I'll describe myself as agnostic as a bit of a time-saver. Many people use the word "atheist" differently than me, so I just end up confusing them. The way most people use the term "agnostic" lines up with my beliefs far better.

That being said, I'm not ashamed of identifying as atheist. It does bother me that I live in a society where it is seen as the aberrant stance to take and is frequently vilified. I've never used terms like "free thinker" or "rationalist" as an identifying label, but I do think they're accurate descriptions.
20-10-2014, 05:59 AM
(17-10-2014 02:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 02:00 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Atheism is the positive claim that logic can be used without God.

I find it difficult to credit that you see any point to offering such statements.

Any point besides trolling for lulz, mind.

I would have had no idea what Diddo said had you not quoted him.

Once it became obvious that he's gone into full troll mode, I had a bit of fun mocking him. After a bit of that, I realized that Diddo doesn't actually care what's said to him; he's just looking for attention. Any kind of attention will do, even the negative kind. It's pretty sad to think about what his life must be like outside of here if this is what constitutes a positive experience for him.

That being said, I think I'm done offering him any of my attention. I can't help him in meatspace to work through whatever issues are plaguing him, but I can stop fueling his weird attention fetish here.
21-10-2014, 08:52 PM
(20-10-2014 05:59 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 02:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I find it difficult to credit that you see any point to offering such statements.

Any point besides trolling for lulz, mind.

I would have had no idea what Diddo said had you not quoted him.

Once it became obvious that he's gone into full troll mode, I had a bit of fun mocking him. After a bit of that, I realized that Diddo doesn't actually care what's said to him; he's just looking for attention. Any kind of attention will do, even the negative kind. It's pretty sad to think about what his life must be like outside of here if this is what constitutes a positive experience for him.

That being said, I think I'm done offering him any of my attention. I can't help him in meatspace to work through whatever issues are plaguing him, but I can stop fueling his weird attention fetish here.

I literally don't have a life. There is no hope for me.

Truth seeker.
21-10-2014, 10:05 PM
(21-10-2014 08:52 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I literally don't have a life.

How come you can type then? Either a. Cheer up or b. Be a miserable twit. Your choice.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-10-2014, 08:50 AM
I just simply have absolutely no beliefs in deities whatsoever.

It's that fucking simple for me.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
22-10-2014, 10:32 AM
(22-10-2014 08:50 AM)Free Wrote:  I just simply have absolutely no beliefs in deities whatsoever.

What is your basis for your worldview, then? Gasp

Truth seeker.
22-10-2014, 03:14 PM
(22-10-2014 10:32 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 08:50 AM)Free Wrote:  I just simply have absolutely no beliefs in deities whatsoever.

What is your basis for your worldview, then? Gasp

How about reality and humanism? That works.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2014, 05:45 PM
(22-10-2014 03:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 10:32 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  What is your basis for your worldview, then? Gasp

How about reality and humanism? That works.

Reality, as percieved by whom?

Truth seeker.