Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: Bible
(02-09-2014 02:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:15 AM)Sam Wrote:  Compare it with a standard copy, and see how edited/altered their version is.

Gotta save it for 10 years or so for the real fun to be seen.

Give it a few centuries and the fun multiplies exponentially! Wink

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Quote:A Bible has shown up at my house.

Do you have a trash can?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
02-09-2014, 11:15 PM
(02-09-2014 06:25 AM)f stop Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 04:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, how nice of them to donate some wrapping paper/kindling.
Not kindling. I don't believe in book burning.

I had a friend in college who used those pocket Gideon Bibles for rolling paper... Smokin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-09-2014, 12:32 AM
(02-09-2014 11:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 06:25 AM)f stop Wrote:  Not kindling. I don't believe in book burning.

I had a friend in college who used those pocket Gideon Bibles for rolling paper... Smokin

Fitting; that's probably how the words written upon said paper were inspired in the first place. lol

"*Takes long drag* Man, this is some trippy shit….and the weed, too."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
03-09-2014, 01:05 AM
(02-09-2014 04:09 AM)f stop Wrote:  A Bible has shown up at my house. I don't know where it came from and neither does anyone else. It was sitting right out in the open on top of a stack of books. Upon examination I find that it's a Jehovah Witness Bible. The only explanation I can come up with that fits all the data is that some Jehovah Witnesses broke into my house, left the Bible and departed.Laugh out load

The first thing I pictured.....

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
03-09-2014, 12:10 PM
(02-09-2014 11:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 06:25 AM)f stop Wrote:  Not kindling. I don't believe in book burning.

Professionally speaking... phonebook pages work just as well, but bible pages are perfect for the 1st stage of polishing printing plates before printing; I use them all the time. Also, bible pages are fantastic for craft and art work, most especially papier mâché.

In fact ... papier mâché can withstand extremely high pressure and temperatures inside the bore of firearms and can push a sub-caliber projectile out of the barrel with a high degree of accuracy. Papier mâché was and still is often used in weaponry. Drinking Beverage

It's a wonder some bible thumping kook hasn't glommed onto such information and used bible pages in their wadding when murdering abortion doctors. Hmm ... I digress ...

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-09-2014, 02:04 PM
The mystery seems to be solved. My son says he got it from Goodwill. They were giving them away.

I'm fairly certain I asked everyone in the family, including him, if they knew where it came from and got negative answers. Now he says I never asked him. Maybe he's right. I'm old and forgetful.

Sapere aude
21-09-2014, 02:16 PM
In a pinch, bibles work just fine for wiping my ass.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
21-09-2014, 02:40 PM
That's a little disturbing.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post