Bible Ads?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Bible Ads?
Hey I noticed an ad at the bottom of the page after I'd finished posting, it said something about bible passages, looked religious. FYI.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2012, 04:36 PM
RE: Bible Ads?
(18-02-2012 04:26 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  Hey I noticed an ad at the bottom of the page after I'd finished posting, it said something about bible passages, looked religious. FYI.

Did it entice you to get a new bible? Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
18-02-2012, 04:39 PM
(18-02-2012 04:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 04:26 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  Hey I noticed an ad at the bottom of the page after I'd finished posting, it said something about bible passages, looked religious. FYI.

Did it entice you to get a new bible? Big Grin

Enticement is illegal I thought? *&^*$ bible dealers. You think you live in a good neighbourhood and suddenly there's these low life bible vendors hanging out on street corners, all the kids are going to church on Sundays...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Uh... no. I still have my NRSV--the first 'grown-up' Bible I owned that I got shortly after my 'enlightenment' when I was 19. I'm getting ready to read it cover-to-cover, critically this time. Procrastinating, because it just seems like a daunting task. I really don't want the Bible to be the only thing I'm reading for the next few months, LOL.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
[+] 3 users Like Percepticon's post
18-02-2012, 04:44 PM
(18-02-2012 04:42 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  Uh... no. I still have my NRSV--the first 'grown-up' Bible I owned that I got shortly after my 'enlightenment' when I was 19. I'm getting ready to read it cover-to-cover, critically this time. Procrastinating, because it just seems like a daunting task. I really don't want the Bible to be the only thing I'm reading for the next few months, LOL.

God the number of times I've read the blasted thing. Seriously I'm gonna reach the end of my life and realise that a significant chunk of it has been devoted to getting over the horseshit contained in this one stupid book Sad
18-02-2012, 04:45 PM
(18-02-2012 04:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 04:42 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  Uh... no. I still have my NRSV--the first 'grown-up' Bible I owned that I got shortly after my 'enlightenment' when I was 19. I'm getting ready to read it cover-to-cover, critically this time. Procrastinating, because it just seems like a daunting task. I really don't want the Bible to be the only thing I'm reading for the next few months, LOL.

God the number of times I've read the blasted thing. Seriously I'm gonna reach the end of my life and realise that a significant chunk of it has been devoted to getting over the horseshit contained in this one stupid book Sad

Amen, Brother.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-02-2012, 04:51 PM
The ads That are shown differ depending on what is being talked about. As this is an atheist forum, ads for bibles etc will show up often. There was one for an ancient Indian magic healing, the other week.

We once successfully had an experiment to see if we could get the ads to be about a something that we chose, which was Fried Rice
18-02-2012, 04:57 PM
(18-02-2012 04:51 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The ads That are shown differ depending on what is being talked about. As this is an atheist forum, ads for bibles etc will show up often. There was one for an ancient Indian magic healing, the other week.

We once successfully had an experiment to see if we could get the ads to be about a something that we chose, which was Fried Rice

F--en awesome. Maybe I'll try that one day, lol.

[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
18-02-2012, 04:58 PM
(18-02-2012 04:51 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The ads That are shown differ depending on what is being talked about. As this is an atheist forum, ads for bibles etc will show up often. There was one for an ancient Indian magic healing, the other week.

I saw a composting ad on the Dreamy Invention thread after Stark mentioned his super composter idea. I hope that doesn't mean someone has stolen his idea!

18-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I love the idea of Christians paying to keep this site open. It's pretty great. I bet on Christian forums all they gt to see are Christian ads the way they tend to shy away from introspective thought and such. God is a great provider. Too bad he's imaginary.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post