Bible Belt Heathen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2012, 11:43 AM
RE: Bible Belt Heathen
Thanks, everyone! Really been enjoying listening to Seth's podcasts & reading what others have to say here. Quite a diverse group, it seems.
@Erxomai - LOL! Ask me some time about my experiences playing in a Top-40 band & doing gigs at a huge swingers club!
@itsacow - Moo2u2?
@kingschosen - that your dog in the .gif, or just a random one? Reminds me of my dog, actually. Smile
-Danny
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Danny, Welcome to the forum!

I'll know you'll love it here. There are some of the most inpiring and funny people here. ( one can not help but to name Bucky Ball and Erxomai) and there are some of the most idiotic people here ( Me, Egor?, well he WAS an idiot.)

I hope you will enjoy your stay and contibute to the ongoing discussions about the stupidness of religion, and the greatness of atheism.

I wish I could see some of you guys in person, but I can't be granted that honor..... Weeping

Anyways! Have fun, be rational, and use logic. If you don't, you might have God to answer for...... Lololol Big Grin

Steven(AKA atothetheist.)

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
15-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks, Steven. Can't make any promises as far as using logic or being rational, as I'm sometimes considered a loose shotgun (loud, but not as dangerous as a cannon)!
I'm not that new to atheism, but very new to the atheist online forum thing. My wife still chides me about being a newbie, as she's been atheist for the last 20 years or so, while I just came to the conclusion that I was an atheist rather than agnostic a couple of years ago.
I do know that if prayers were actually answered, I would've gotten laid a lot more as a teenager. Smile
15-06-2012, 12:29 PM
(15-06-2012 12:26 PM)DannyW Wrote:  I do know that if prayers were actually answered, I would've gotten laid a lot more as a teenager. Smile
Maybe all the girls were praying "not that guy, not that guy" Tongue
15-06-2012, 12:41 PM
LOL!!!! Just like my ex-wives... and maybe the present one, as well... Sadcryface2
I do believe in the power of prayer, though. To help people rationalize why bad things happen to them, in spite of their loving god watching over them.
15-06-2012, 12:57 PM
My avatar is my dog; however, the one in my sig is a random gif I found.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-06-2012, 12:58 PM
And, by the way, I live in Baton Rouge.

15-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Well hay, nayber!!! I have a Boston Terrier pup that loves to lick like that. Yours is a boxer? BTW, I work in Metairie (sitting at my desk on the 17th floor with a nice view of downtown & the dome!), but live on the northshore.
15-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah, he's a big, goofy, lovable boxer. One of the best dogs ever.

15-06-2012, 01:17 PM
(15-06-2012 12:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  And, by the way, I live in Baton Rouge.

I was going to say Kingsy, you and GT might be relatively close if he's in Slidell.

Hi Danny - too bad about your location's social deficit, but the forum is always close at hand. If you've lurked a bit, then you probably know it's a pretty relaxed place with relatively few expectations; we even have a few Theists running around. Enjoy your time here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein