Bible Fight!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2011, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2011 01:52 PM by Chas.)
So not interested.
Really - I have read that book of made-up shit and arguing about what it means is absolutely ludicrous to an atheist.

In fact, this is your worst idea so far.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-12-2011, 11:58 PM
RE: Bible Fight!!!
Apparently Job isn't really meant to be taken word for word. It is actually a poem.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
26-12-2011, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 03:57 PM by Jackrabbit.)
(22-12-2011 01:40 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'd be shocked if everyone on this forum has not read the Bible cover to cover.

does the Quraan count?
There i go again bringing a quraan to a bible fight xD

then again i think protestants believe that jesus wasnt the literal son of god but was mary and josephs natural son. thats what a protestant german teacher of mine told me.

but if they believe that then whats the point of the magic sper... err the holy ghost? XD

Also i think Job is in described the quraan as very literal, ill go look for it now

And Job, when he cried unto his Lord, (saying): Lo! Adversity afflicteth me, and Thou art Most Merciful of all who show mercy.
—Qur'an, sura 21 (The Prophets), ayah 83[17]

Apparently he thanked god for his 'tests' and praised him for being the most merciful.
See how reasonable he is and see the wonderful mercy of Allah the most merciful and gracious, and Gob his propher (peace be upon him)

XD

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 3 users Like Jackrabbit's post
26-12-2011, 04:11 PM
(26-12-2011 03:48 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  does the Quraan count?

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-12-2011, 06:55 PM
(25-12-2011 12:38 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I don't know about Job. It's a weird story. Back when I was a Christian, it was said that Job was such a great guy, but the more I read it, the less I see Job as a hero. I don't really feel so bad when he loses all his stuff.

I have a daughter, though, whom I love more than myself. The idea of "replacement children" just doesn't sit well with me, nor the idea of losing her just so God can prove a point.

Wondering why you feel that way about Job--that he wasn't a hero?

But I agree completely about the replacement children. That's one of the most cynical things in the Bible. As if you could say to a parent who's just lost a child, "Stop blubbering. You're still young. You can always have more kids." Is that really how it works, that a new kid can take the place of an old one who's died, as if children were interchangeable, as if it's like getting a new car when your old one has been totaled? What an incredible lack of understanding of how human beings think and feel.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
26-12-2011, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 07:10 PM by Erxomai.)
(26-12-2011 04:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 03:48 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  does the Quraan count?

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I was going to highlight this as my favorite quote of the day, but Chas beat me to it. Big Grin

I thought this thread was going to be about this:

Bible Fight: The Action Online Game

As Satan, I just totally handed Eve her ass.

And a nice one too, I might chauvinistically add.

Cufflink, you'll enjoy the link simply for the music alone, if nothing else.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-12-2011, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2011 10:19 AM by cufflink.)
(26-12-2011 06:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Cufflink, you'll enjoy the link simply for the music alone, if nothing else.

I did! Thanks. And I thought the brass knuckles along with a crucifix on the opening screen was a really nice touch.

But as Noah against Eve, I got whupped pretty bad. And in the rain too. Very embarrassing. I've gotta learn how to play these things. (What can I say? I'm not a gamer.)

ETA: Just noticed there's an Instructions button. Yeah, that might help. Blush

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
27-12-2011, 10:21 AM
This was a terrible idea! I had a bible fight with three other people and I learned something. BIBLES HURT WHEN THROWN! Seriously those suckers sting. The last thing you want to see is a bible flying through the air at you when you're walking up the stairs. I suggest not having a bible fight unless you're using those sissy little pocket bibles.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post